Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you scan from the SB's link or did you store it in the Target website and scan from that? I've been holding off on using some SB Target GC's cause I don't like the access code thing. It was such a pain last time.

I'm not going to load my sb gc into the app any more because of this. I asked for an access code and finally got it hours later. I ended up pulling up the gc from sb and having her scan that and use the access code that's on the gc. A pain but much easier.

I had 30 in target gc earned from purchases that I used on Sunday and the register made her input the access code off the back of all of them. I scratched them while she entered and we held the line up cause of their stupid system.

Did you scan from the SB's link or did you store it in the Target website and scan from that? I've been holding off on using some SB Target GC's cause I don't like the access code thing. It was such a pain last time.
I didn't like that either. So last month - First I had ones I loaded in the app, and they were a pain with the access code (they were my Sept cards but we were gone most of the month). Then I took in my Oct cards and just printed them - still needed access code, but the employee was able to just type it in since it was on the printout. She just did it no questions asked, so obviously it wasn't the first time for her.

Last night, I took the print outs so it'd be slightly easier, but they just scanned no problem. I did load them in my account online just out of curiosity first, and they had a note about getting an access code... so I deleted them and just printed them.

I had 30 in target gc earned from purchases that I used on Sunday and the register made her input the access code off the back of all of them. I scratched them while she entered and we held the line up cause of their stupid system.
Oh no! I had two (and one that was empty, it must not have activated correctly) and they scanned with no issues. What a giant pain!

I'm going with printouts for sb from now on.

I don't think there's a limit. I used 3 for the first transaction and 5 on the next transaction

If there is a limit, it is pretty high. I could not find ANY $100 Disney GCs to get to my $3000 cards, so I ended up doing 5 transactions with 12 cards each. No problem with that many, but it did take about a minute to activate 12 GCs in each transaction.

Why in the world would you do that? PLEASE don't do that again. I saved nearly $200 by buying Target gift cards at HyVee to use for gift cards at Target. I would really hate for them to decide next year that I can't do it because you wanted to "fess up".
Guys, They knew it was possible (target gc with a target gc and > $300). They obviously allow it or it would be impossible. It’s not a secret. Anybody and their brother could’ve tested it and found out that it works...

Just a quick question, when using Hotels . com to secure a room at Universal Orlando Resorts (Royal Pacific or Portofino) do these rooms come with free Universal Express Unlimited pass? Thanks!

Just a quick question, when using Hotels . com to secure a room at Universal Orlando Resorts (Royal Pacific or Portofino) do these rooms come with free Universal Express Unlimited pass? Thanks!
Yes, doesn’t matter how you book. Only Sapphire falls and cabana bay don’t have Express. We loved cabana bay. There have been lots of complaints about Express pass being devalued/long lines.

It's so bizarre to me how widely individual Target stores vary. I have never been able to purchase gift cards with a Target gift card at our self-checkout, but have never had an issue with a cashier other than one going "wow, I never knew that would work" one time. Haven't been asked for an access code on the Target gift cards yet either.

Thanks to everyone for the great tips on the 10% off Target gift card. Not actively saving or budgeting for a Disney trip at the present moment, but I did pick up one $100 gift card that I used in conjunction with my 20% off Black Friday coupon in order to purchase groceries last night!

Are we being trolled here?? It's gotta be a troll, right? I mean c'mon...this is utterly ridiculous. I'm not catholic but if you felt guilty maybe you should've gone to a priest to clear your conscience...

Come on everyone, Target is well aware that people are buying gift cards with gift cards and buying more that the limit. They were aware of it last year, and I'm sure they are aware of it this year. The fact that they were much less stringent than last year means they have pretty much given up on trying to stop people.

Have read several recent pages here but don’t have time to read this whole thread. If I want to simply be able to get 5% off the Disney gift cards through Target using my red card what is the fastest and easiest way to do that? Can I buy target GC’s online and get the 5% red card discount then, and if so do I have to wait for physical cards to be delivered or can I print something out? Then i need to go to Target to buy the physical Disney Gc’s, correct? Some folks are indicating no problem at cashier, others indicating must do self check out (and hide amongst other items?!) so it is a bit confusing. Would appreciate any clarification as I was hoping to buy 4 $500 Park Passes this week so would be looking for $2000 in GC’s to get a $100 saving, correct? Honestly not sure it worth all the running around and potential stress at the store!

Yes, doesn’t matter how you book. Only Sapphire falls and cabana bay don’t have Express. We loved cabana bay. There have been lots of complaints about Express pass being devalued/long lines.
oh no! I will be there in 10 days with unlimited express pass for 2 days - was so looking forward to not doing a lot of waiting since spending a bigger chuck of change per day than I do at Disney parks.

I just got back from Target. $100 Disney Gift Card and $200 of grocery/pharmacy/Christmas stuff. The pets at least, will be remembered by Santa this year...who knew Target had such a large pet aisle?!?

For those not finding Disney gift cards as I was wandering around trying remember everything I wanted to get (basics) with my Black Friday 20% off coupon I noticed that they had a small end cap at the end of one of the food aisles titled “Shop and Go.” My Target is a regular Target not Super. At this end cap in the food they had Disney gift cards. So for those looking and seeming to not find the cards look all over! My store had them at the front registers, by the card section (cleaned out there) back by the electronics department, and by the food section hidden away.

I wil be back to get the Disney gift cards with my other $300 Target gift card, but this trip I was focused on more buying stuff!

Have read several recent pages here but don’t have time to read this whole thread. If I want to simply be able to get 5% off the Disney gift cards through Target using my red card what is the fastest and easiest way to do that? Can I buy target GC’s online and get the 5% red card discount then, and if so do I have to wait for physical cards to be delivered or can I print something out? Then i need to go to Target to buy the physical Disney Gc’s, correct? Some folks are indicating no problem at cashier, others indicating must do self check out (and hide amongst other items?!) so it is a bit confusing. Would appreciate any clarification as I was hoping to buy 4 $500 Park Passes this week so would be looking for $2000 in GC’s to get a $100 saving, correct? Honestly not sure it worth all the running around and potential stress at the store!
yes you can order them online with the redcard for the discount though I am not sure if you can get e-gcs. they may only be able to snail mail you physical disney gcs. you can call and ask or try to place an order and not go through with it in case the shipping isn't fast enough. I think I tried to get some last minute disney gc about 6 to 9 months ago online with my red card but ended up not because I wouldn't get them in time.

You don’t get a 5% discount on Target gift cards with a red card. You buy the Disney Gift Cards with the red card and get the 5%.

Just reporting in on my gift card purchases today. I had turned some existing Target gift cards into a new Target gift card with a 10% bonus and bought a few $300 ones on Sunday. Went to store by work today and got 6 $100 Disney gift cards and scanned one physical $300 Target card to pay and one $300 electronic card to pay in the self checkout. No issues at all. Use the scanning gun and scan the top of the Disney card, then the long bottom code. To pay, select pay and gift card, then scan the Target ones. After work, I made a 20% off Target grocery run (different Target store), but wanted to buy the rest of my Disney cards first, so took the remaining $525 up to a self-checkout, told the team member I wanted to buy my gift cards before I finished shopping (because I already had a cart with a couple items in it, haha) and she had no concerns at all. Transaction went fine and I went and shopped. Loaded all cards into the Disneygiftcard site tonight and we're all set for our next trip or two. :thumbsup2

I had purchased $600 in Disney GCs yesterday (also my wife) using the self checkout and a Target GC. I just scanned the one barcode on each Disney GC, pressed the finish/pay key, and then scanned the bar code on the Target GC. Didn't use the scanning gun, only used the one barcode on the Disney GCs. Are there other Disney GCs that have 2 barcodes?

I'm not going to load my sb gc into the app any more because of this. I asked for an access code and finally got it hours later. I ended up pulling up the gc from sb and having her scan that and use the access code that's on the gc. A pain but much easier.

What denomination(s) of GC's gave you the issue? I had a $25 GC from Swagbucks in my Target account that I used towards my discounted GC and didn't have any issues, so am wondering if it's just the larger denominations that require an access code? I also had 4 x $5 GC's from Bing Rewards, and all of them scanned fine from the Target app for me.

What denomination(s) of GC's gave you the issue? I had a $25 GC from Swagbucks in my Target account that I used towards my discounted GC and didn't have any issues, so am wondering if it's just the larger denominations that require an access code? I also had 4 x $5 GC's from Bing Rewards, and all of them scanned fine from the Target app for me.

I've had to have access codes on 25's from sb and shopkicks and the 5 and 10 you get with purchase. I have a feeling it might be region specific rather than where and what form the gift card is in because it's happened at 2 different stores. I'll see what happens friday when I use the 100 I bought sunday and two 25s from sb and ibotta. I won't put anything in the app any more since it's easier to use the card off the redemption site where it has the code.

I had purchased $600 in Disney GCs yesterday (also my wife) using the self checkout and a Target GC. I just scanned the one barcode on each Disney GC, pressed the finish/pay key, and then scanned the bar code on the Target GC. Didn't use the scanning gun, only used the one barcode on the Disney GCs. Are there other Disney GCs that have 2 barcodes?
I think there are two different styles out there? The ones I had (all $100's except for one $25) all had a small barcode on the top right of the packaging and that rang it up, then it asked for the main card barcode to be scanned to activate. But I think I saw another report of only needing to use one. Probably depends on how long those Disney cards have been there and if they're old or new style? Or maybe I could have run mine over the scanner and got a different result than using the scanning gun? I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter