Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they ask you to fax information in to verify your identity? Last Friday, the same thing happened to me. All my online orders were canceled. When I called in, they told me to fax my DL, SS card and a copy of a utility bill. For me, my Red Card is suspended or blocked - even in the store. So, mine might be a different thing going on. I faxed the info this morning and am waiting to hear back.

No, my red card is fine, that part of the company said that my purchases weren't cancelled, then they transferred me to target.com who said that the items were no longer available. Next day, red card fine, red card said orders were not cancelled, transferred me to target.com, they then had to get a 2nd level supervisor and finally came back after 30 min or more and said that I can no longer purchase anything on target.com, couldn't give me a reason, told me to read the rules, and that I can shop in store and use my card. I am not a reseller. But I guess they aren't going to give any latitude.

It could have been a bad gift card or it could have been a spending pattern issue or the big ebates check. That's why the eBay churning is too risky for me.

Last edited:
How would Target know about her ebates check? Do they get notified each time you receive a check?

Well Ebates gets paid by Target when you shop there and receive a rebate. I don't know, just trying to think how this happened. I did buy HUGE, I mean HUGE amount of gift cards. It would appear like I am reselling them by the amount, but I am not.

How would Target know about her ebates check? Do they get notified each time you receive a check?
They are paying ebates. They may be looking for outliers. She bought a huge amount of gift cards for a once in a lifetime vacation. Using the loophole she would have had a lot of gift card orders plus the throw away item. I'm obviously speculating.

My understanding is that it is lifelong. I bought from Raise, Cardcash and ebay. I also used my free cards from Target. I have not had any problem with my cards in purchasing. In fact, I buy all kinds of cards on raise and cardcash and have not had any issues at other stores. I think it is a drastic step to take. Why not just say, hey lady, no more gc's for you from target.com? I even had a $250 credit on my target card because I overpaid, and couldn't use it on target.com. I was trying to purchase white strips and a streaming box for my tv.

Did they ask you to fax information in to verify your identity? Last Friday, the same thing happened to me. All my online orders were canceled. When I called in, they told me to fax my DL, SS card and a copy of a utility bill. For me, my Red Card is suspended or blocked - even in the store. So, mine might be a different thing going on. I faxed the info this morning and am waiting to hear back.

So far it seems what you have in common is your name is each Susan. ;) Maybe that has something to do with it. J/K.

Are you open to sharing what your huge amount is? I think what I do pales in comparison, but I don't know. If you are running $30,000 thru this I would expect some action as you are probably a top spender at Target. Is it more or less than that?

Last edited:
On the plus side, you probably saved a butt-load of money
They are paying ebates. They may be looking for outliers. She bought a huge amount of gift cards for a once in a lifetime vacation. Using the loophole she would have had a lot of gift card orders plus the throw away item. I'm obviously speculating.

Ebates or no, I think the volume of gift card purchases may have been what triggered it.

So far it seems what you have in common is your name is each Susan. ;) Maybe that has something to do with it. J/K.

Are you open to sharing what your "huge amount" is? I think what I do pales in comparison, but I don't know. If you are running $30,000 thru this I would expect some action as you are probably a top spender at Target. Is it more or less than that?

First of all, we inherited a large amount of money. So, we decided to do a once in a lifetime trip and take my husband's brother and SIL with us on a 12 night Disney cruise. We added ABD in London, and a vow renewal plus a stay in WDW and a photo shoot at MK and EPCOT in our wedding attire at 7am. In all it was over $25,000, maybe 30. Used all my gc's on trip and in my DVA. I started a year ago. Waited for deals like the one where you could buy ebay gift card on target for 10% off, then to ebay to get target cards and then to target to get Disney cards. All legal and above board. Also we bought the 10% off target cards through target and target.com. So many different ways. Only once did I add something small to my orders to get ebates as I didn't catch onto that one until I read it here somewhere, and if I were any of you, I wouldn't do that. Got a huge check for over $300 from ebates on 2.15. That's why I think ebates has something to do with it, but maybe not. I was able to shop at target.com up until Friday night 2/19. Haven't bought a gift card in months. What is funny too is that I added all of these 100 dollar and 50 dollar gift cards to my DVA account at one time and they weren't showing up (got tired of adding them into a thousand dollar card on gift card website). So I had to call the gift card center at Disney, and the first thing out of the mouth of the CM was, did you buy these at Target? We hate people who buy them at Target. Hummm. It's all ridiculous, as I have spent an additional 20 grand at Target this year. So, there you have it.

Well, my husband laughed and said, well at least you saved money doing it. My kids think that the feds will be at my door any time now and don't want to know anything about the whole thing. Like I said, a 66 year old retired RN living on SS and Retirement. Well, my husband still works, but still. And from what I read on another post, anyone living at the same address, sharing bank account, sharing cc's is also banned from target.com. My husband said, hey, don't take me down with you. I am gonna say I didn't know anything...which is true, except he did know I was buying tons of gift cards. HA

I am the only one who feels that Target should at least provide an explanation and give you the option to explain your spending patterns?

It seems the banning and suspensions are becoming more frequent. I for one am afraid that they may stop allowing gift card purchase with a gift card. Right now I'm sitting on almost 2k of Target cards. I really feel like I may just cash them in for Disney cards. I don't want to be stuck with that much Target. Especially if they don't reinstate my Red Card - in that case, I don't want to give them any of my business!

First of all, we inherited a large amount of money. So, we decided to do a once in a lifetime trip and take my husband's brother and SIL with us on a 12 night Disney cruise. We added ABD in London, and a vow renewal plus a stay in WDW and a photo shoot at MK and EPCOT in our wedding attire at 7am. In all it was over $25,000, maybe 30. Used all my gc's on trip and in my DVA. I started a year ago. Waited for deals like the one where you could buy ebay gift card on target for 10% off, then to ebay to get target cards and then to target to get Disney cards. All legal and above board. Also we bought the 10% off target cards through target and target.com. So many different ways. Only once did I add something small to my orders to get ebates as I didn't catch onto that one until I read it here somewhere, and if I were any of you, I wouldn't do that. Got a huge check for over $300 from ebates on 2.15. That's why I think ebates has something to do with it, but maybe not. I was able to shop at target.com up until Friday night 2/19. Haven't bought a gift card in months. What is funny too is that I added all of these 100 dollar and 50 dollar gift cards to my DVA account at one time and they weren't showing up (got tired of adding them into a thousand dollar card on gift card website). So I had to call the gift card center at Disney, and the first thing out of the mouth of the CM was, did you buy these at Target? We hate people who buy them at Target. Hummm. It's all ridiculous, as I have spent an additional 20 grand at Target this year. So, there you have it.
How did you get such a big ebates check if you just caught on to adding a small item?

I agree. I did that a few times but am not doing it anymore.

I am the only one who feels that Target should at least provide an explanation and give you the option to explain your spending patterns?

It seems the banning and suspensions are becoming more frequent. I for one am afraid that they may stop allowing gift card purchase with a gift card. Right now I'm sitting on almost 2k of Target cards. I really feel like I may just cash them in for Disney cards. I don't want to be stuck with that much Target. Especially if they don't reinstate my Red Card - in that case, I don't want to give them any of my business!
It seems very arbitrary. I think the eBay churning will be the straw that breaks the camel's back on buying a gift card with a gift card. If I were a target exec and understood what is going on, I would figure out how to stop this.

So I had to call the gift card center at Disney, and the first thing out of the mouth of the CM was, did you buy these at Target? We hate people who buy them at Target. Hummm. It's all ridiculous, as I have spent an additional 20 grand at Target this year. So, there you have it.

What a very poor thing to say to somebody who is booking a HUGE vacation package with your company!!

When I ran my own business, I didn't get all cranky with clients who booked a huge package when they paid by credit card instead of check, even if the CC fees would be enough to go to a nice dinner on.

Sorry for drifting off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter