Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like they are all hit or miss. I guess I should count my blessings that eBates works on my Target gift cards. According to the rules, it shouldn't.

Yep! Hit or miss. I used ebates yesterday to buy the Disney gift cards at Target and as of yet, no cash back :( At least it was only $100 worth. I guess I will keep using mypoints. It's only 1.4 but it's better than nothing!

I used Ebates on my gift card order through Target the other night and it actually worked. That is the first time that it has! Every little bit helps.

Yep! Hit or miss. I used ebates yesterday to buy the Disney gift cards at Target and as of yet, no cash back :( At least it was only $100 worth. I guess I will keep using mypoints. It's only 1.4 but it's better than nothing!
The only time ebates didn't work from me was when I used a gift card and had to put a few cents on my red card. I am not sure if that is the glitch or not. Also, that time I used regular gift cards and not egift cards. It would be nice to figure out what makes it work for some people and not for others. We can't complain because according to the rules, it is not supposed to work any time you use a gift card to pay on eBates and not for anytime you buy gift cards at Target. I will have to look into mypoints.

The only time ebates didn't work from me was when I used a gift card and had to put a few cents on my red card. I am not sure if that is the glitch or not. Also, that time I used regular gift cards and not egift cards. It would be nice to figure out what makes it work for some people and not for others. We can't complain because according to the rules, it is not supposed to work any time you use a gift card to pay on eBates and not for anytime you buy gift cards at Target. I will have to look into mypoints.

I'm not sure what it is. I used a target egift card for the entire amount of the purchase, nothing went on the red card.

I'm definitely going to enjoy getting the points I do get for my purchases on mypoints, since like you said, we actually aren't supposed to be getting anything!

A couple of months ago, I used Target gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards online and got my cash back % from ebates. I used my RED card to pay the balance over the gift cards. I didn't know if it would work or not, but it did.

Thanks for all the great saving tips. I was nervous to try Raise at first and then get stuck with Target GC since the Disney GC's don't always seem to be available on line on Target website. But I got my GC through Raise then went to Ebates to get rewards for the Target purchase of $300 in Disney GCs. It worked perfectly! :yay:

Now what are the chances that Target will continue to offer Disney GC on line? I'm going to need about $5000 worth :surfweb:

Thanks for all the great saving tips. I was nervous to try Raise at first and then get stuck with Target GC since the Disney GC's don't always seem to be available on line on Target website. But I got my GC through Raise then went to Ebates to get rewards for the Target purchase of $300 in Disney GCs. It worked perfectly! :yay:

Now what are the chances that Target will continue to offer Disney GC on line? I'm going to need about $5000 worth :surfweb:

I would say likely, IMO. They are constantly selling out.

So far, my last four out of five orders on Target.com for the gift cards through Ebates (after Raise) I have earned a rebate so I'll keep trying as I figure it doesn't hurt and it's nice to get that 2% extra! It all adds up, for sure.

Heather

Some of my orders take 2 weeks. That's the price you pay for the awfulness that is Innovations!
I've only made one order on a Sunday and I got them on Thursday. Good to know that isn't standard so I don't freak out if the next batch takes longer.

Someone may have already posted this but we saw $100 Disney gift cards at our local Target for the first time today. It will make things easier than calling in $25 or $50 at a time to our travel agent & DCL.

Someone may have already posted this but we saw $100 Disney gift cards at our local Target for the first time today. It will make things easier than calling in $25 or $50 at a time to our travel agent & DCL.

Why don't you use a DVA? I've given gift cards to my TA for DCL in the past (usually variable load from Kroger) but dumping them in a DVA is my strategy moving forward.

I did the Disney Vacation Account a couple of times for trips, but we could not use any money towards our room charges/onboard purchases and excursions. We were only allowed one $500 gift card and they put the rest back on our credit card that we had taken out for the trip to put into the DVA. We call DCL, our TA or DVC and have them combine the gift cards for our onboard account towards Palo, the spa, excursions and purchases in advance of cruising. We have annual passes and are DVC members, so we weren't using the DVA $ we had set aside for regular park vacations. We do use the gift cards towards our APs and just use them in the parks to pay for food.

I did the Disney Vacation Account a couple of times for trips, but we could not use any money towards our room charges/onboard purchases and excursions. We were only allowed one $500 gift card and they put the rest back on our credit card that we had taken out for the trip to put into the DVA. We call DCL, our TA or DVC and have them combine the gift cards for our onboard account towards Palo, the spa, excursions and purchases in advance of cruising. We have annual passes and are DVC members, so we weren't using the DVA $ we had set aside for regular park vacations. We do use the gift cards towards our APs and just use them in the parks to pay for food.

Makes sense. I only do DCL, not WDW, but I thought using DVA for DCL was pretty straightforward. It should save me $60 or $80 on our next cruise so I'm giving it a shot this time.

Question: Can I buy food and souvenir inside the park, have it charged to my MagicBand, then pay it off with Disney gift cards?

Question: Can I buy food and souvenir inside the park, have it charged to my MagicBand, then pay it off with Disney gift cards?

Short Answer, YES

You have to attach a CC to the magicbands for charging privileges. Then, before you reach the charge limit, go to the front desk and pay down your balance with GCs.

Short Answer, YES

You have to attach a CC to the magicbands for charging privileges. Then, before you reach the charge limit, go to the front desk and pay down your balance with GCs.

Thank you! Boy, I wish I had known all this for my last trip!

Hi, I am very interested in charging to the room and getting discounted gift cards to pay it off. Does it have to be a credit card or does a bank card with the Visa or MasterCard log work for charging privileges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter