Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

OK.... which one of you just snagged that 6.7% Target GC off Raise? Grrrrr ;)

And really, I should use this moment of mediocre humor to ask my two actual questions.

(1) What is the process for combining these e-Gift cards from Target into a single gift card? And follow-up: what was the purpose of having purchased/obtained an initial physical gift card?

and

(2) Once these Disney GCs start arriving, how do I apply them to my remaining resort balance? Can I do that online or do I need to call?

Thanks, all. This really feels like a fun, and potentially expensive, game! :)

Sams Club has a 3 pack of $50 cards for $142.88, we are paying for our hotel using these

Not sure how to convert from target, but u can apply gift cards to your resort balance online.

Thanks! I finally figured out my problem on the resort balances and why I couldn't find where to pay them down online - we are room only, so apparently we pay when we arrive... but we are doing online check-in, so that'll be interesting. Probably going to take a quick phone call.

Not sure how to convert from target, but u can apply gift cards to your resort balance online.
Do you mean "package" balance??? You can't apply gift cards to your resort charges online, as far as I'm aware.

Do you mean "package" balance??? You can't apply gift cards to your resort charges online, as far as I'm aware.
They were talking about a resort package balance, but they have room only. I thought they had a complete package.

OK.... which one of you just snagged that 6.7% Target GC off Raise? Grrrrr ;)

And really, I should use this moment of mediocre humor to ask my two actual questions.

(1) What is the process for combining these e-Gift cards from Target into a single gift card? And follow-up: what was the purpose of having purchased/obtained an initial physical gift card?

and

(2) Once these Disney GCs start arriving, how do I apply them to my remaining resort balance? Can I do that online or do I need to call?

Thanks, all. This really feels like a fun, and potentially expensive, game! :)
You can use the Target app and add all of your gift cards to the app.

(1) ... And follow-up: what was the purpose of having purchased/obtained an initial physical gift card?

The reason is this...YOU obtain a physical gift card from the store. This way, YOU are the only one with the numbers, including PIN. Then, when you buy a "card" online (you are typically only "buying" the numbers) you can combine it to YOUR card which effectively empties the card you purchased online. This insures that the original owner of the card that you bought online doesn't turn around and "steal" your funds back after you buy their card.

So, I was going to do this with the Target gf card, but now I read about your success with the RED Card. Can someone tell me how a Red Card works, and how long it takes to get one?

So, I was going to do this with the Target gf card, but now I read about your success with the RED Card. Can someone tell me how a Red Card works, and how long it takes to get one?
A RED Card is Target's store credit card. It gets you a 5% discount on all your purchases at Target stores and on Target.com, among other benefits. I applied in the store and was approved instantly. I can't remember how long it took for the actual card to come in the mail after that, maybe a week.

If you have a Target RED card, you can effectively "double dip" on the discount by buying your Disney GC's online. If you set the RED card as your default payment method on your Target.com account, you will still get the 5% discount even if you actually pay with Target GCs. So, buy discounted Target GCs on raise.com or similar site (or even better get them "free" - there are various points apps/sites that offer Target GCs as rewards), and use those discounted/free GCs to purchase Disney GCs with a 5% discount on Target.com.

Signed up! Thanks for all the info on the discounts. Do you all use gcs to buy your entrance tickets?

I am wondering if I can use an emptied Disney gift card or card with little amount on it to add the newly bought Disney gc's onto it? Or, if I have nothing left, do I just use one of my $50 cards purchased at target online with the target cards bought at raise? Last trip in May we had a bunch of cards and had registered them on the Disney gift card site. So, wondering, if I have one left, can I just use that card as the card To add my other newly purchased cards to? TY!

Do I first have to add all the newly purchased target egift cards onto one target gift card to use at target online? I did this way of getting discounted cards for our May trip but don't remember doing that then, just registered the four gift cards I had bought at raise to pay for the Disney gift cards at target online.

Last edited:
This thread is awesome. Just got my first target card discounted. I'm sure this is going to become a quick addiction!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter