Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the dreaded Paypal lockout that is mentioned here mean when you checkout it says it can not process your payment with that gift card.

I bought the gamestop bonus gift card. I purchased the eBay one and just bought a $100 best buy one. I tried to use the remaining $20 but it will not let me. Is this what is mentioned here and if so how do you deal with it? I could buy something I need on eBay if necessary but would I get locked out of that too or is it just because it is a gift card.

ETA: one more question as far as target on line. What is the limit of $50 gift cards people have gotten at one time before raising suspicion? I thought I remembered 4 or was it a dollar amount?

I tried using my eBay & Paypal acct with gift cards and got locked out. I tried using DH eBay acct and his PayPal with a linked credit card. Verified both times with the automated PayPal phone call and code then was locked out.

I jumped in and bought Sears cards at 15% off, even though I don't live anywhere near a Kmart. I figured that I would take a long drive in the next few weeks to try to use them, and if it didn't work, I would use them for a Father's Day gift for DH.

I then took some ebay cards and bought some BB Cards. Paypal said it didn't recognize my computer and then offered to call or text me, but wanted to do it on my home land line. :crazy: Fortunately, I had the option to give it another phone number, but really, how is that secure!?? It took two texts to reassure them that I really wanted to do this, and then the order went through. I did change things after putting them in my cart, and I am not sure if that, or my ebay and Paypal accounts not being linked, caused the problem, but since it went through, I breathed a sigh of relief, and then tried to think of other things to buy. By the way, I added a $10 Jack in the Box card to my order, so some part of my order would be on paypal, since PPDG doesn't like orders that are totally on a gc.

Then I decided to buy another BB card, but PPDG said no thank you. So I bought a gift card to a restaurant DH likes, and saved my ebay card for another day. I am just glad that I didn't get my accounts shut down. I keep saying I won't go back to PPDG, but each week, nothing I can depend on for churning comes up in any of the other ebay card stores.

Pp please explain what happened when you say you lost $1200!in eBay cards...physical? Emailed? Did they fail to go through,or show $0 balance?

Just saw TARGET cards on STAPLES.com.
Has anyone tried to buy Target cards with a Staples card? On the website, it allows "Staples Rebate Visa Cards" and "Prepaid Cards". Going to try to dig back on this thread, but wanted people to have a chance to look at this.

Has anyone tried to buy Target cards with a Staples card? On the website, it allows "Staples Rebate Visa Cards" and "Prepaid Cards". Going to try to dig back on this thread, but wanted people to have a chance to look at this.

When you get to the checkout, the option to use a GC is greyed out.

You can't buy GCs with GCs at Staples.

Interesting experience at GameStop this afternoon. I had $360 in GC to turn into eBay, so I went to my normal store to do it. The cashier apologized and said they had new procedures in place and had to call customer service for any GC to GC transactions over $250. She said that she knows I'm legit & felt bad when she saw the memo last week. While she was on hold with CS we chatted & she said that apparently there was a guy in TX who bought a million dollars of GC that they suspected of fraud since he never bought any other products, but they couldn't prove it. Since she was still on hold & my kids were tearing up the store I asked if I could just do $250 at this time & come back another day. She said sure & apologized for me needing to make another trip!

But I got to thinking on the way home- I'm not anywhere close to a million dollars in GC, but I don't ever make other purchases there, and maybe it's time to! I'm thinking that I'm going to buy items every once in a while, and sell them on eBay to hopefully at least break even in them. It would be a heck of a lot more difficult, but if it keeps things "safe" for a while longer I'll give it a shot! I can't even imagine what my spreadsheet is going to look like after doing this...

I bought $300 worth of Sears cards for $255 to use at one of 3 K-Marts near my DD's swim meet next weekend. I ended up using my "buyer's account" that I quit using in favor of my seller's account a few months ago. I think after I use the eBucks in my seller's account I'll go back to using my buyer's account full time for buying.

Interesting experience at GameStop this afternoon. I had $360 in GC to turn into eBay, so I went to my normal store to do it. The cashier apologized and said they had new procedures in place and had to call customer service for any GC to GC transactions over $250. She said that she knows I'm legit & felt bad when she saw the memo last week. While she was on hold with CS we chatted & she said that apparently there was a guy in TX who bought a million dollars of GC that they suspected of fraud since he never bought any other products, but they couldn't prove it. Since she was still on hold & my kids were tearing up the store I asked if I could just do $250 at this time & come back another day. She said sure & apologized for me needing to make another trip!

But I got to thinking on the way home- I'm not anywhere close to a million dollars in GC, but I don't ever make other purchases there, and maybe it's time to! I'm thinking that I'm going to buy items every once in a while, and sell them on eBay to hopefully at least break even in them. It would be a heck of a lot more difficult, but if it keeps things "safe" for a while longer I'll give it a shot! I can't even imagine what my spreadsheet is going to look like after doing this...

Thanks for sharing this. I almost never buy more than $200 or $250 per visit/store anyway, and this just reinforces my caution. I think about it this way, GSs are small stores and the most expensive things they sell are probably consoles that run around $300. I try to keep my purchases below that to avoid drawing attention to these transactions at the end of the day. Fortunately, I have several stores within a 20 minute drive, and more around 40 minutes away, which I can hit up. The downside is it can become very time consuming.

Crap. Made a rookie mistake. Bought a load of Target cards on Cardpool and it looks like Disney cards are unavailable on Target.com. Guess I just wait it out.

Pp please explain what happened when you say you lost $1200!in eBay cards...physical? Emailed? Did they fail to go through,or show $0 balance?
Something similar happened to us today i bought $600 (3 $200 ) ebay egift card may 9th received via email gift cards tried to redeem them today for the promo and 2 of them had 0 balance and 1 had $37 balance and the gift card is linked to someones else account. We called target ebay paypal each of them telling us to call each department my husband demanded for research on what is going on. ebay requested proof of purchases and egift card numbers to research what is going on So im not sure at this point what is going to happen. Target csr said i was out of luck since someone got to my account and took the numbers only thing i could do was file a police report. I think there is more to this if its happening to other people. Ill keep you posted to what happens

Something similar happened to us today i bought $600 (3 $200 ) ebay egift card may 9th received via email gift cards tried to redeem them today for the promo and 2 of them had 0 balance and 1 had $37 balance and the gift card is linked to someones else account. We called target ebay paypal each of them telling us to call each department my husband demanded for research on what is going on. ebay requested proof of purchases and egift card numbers to research what is going on So im not sure at this point what is going to happen. Target csr said i was out of luck since someone got to my account and took the numbers only thing i could do was file a police report. I think there is more to this if its happening to other people. Ill keep you posted to what happens

Wow, so sorry this happened to you! So, if I am understanding your post correctly, you had received the ebay codes by email from Target but they had just been sitting in your email all this time? And Target is suggesting that someone hacked your email account and stole the codes?

I hope you get some kind of resolution. Keep us posted!

... Then, when I went to pay I thought I could pay with my gift cards BUT NO! Paypal grabbed the money from my balance and my bank account. I didn't even get a chance to use my credit card OR my gift cards. This is quickly becoming "not fun"....

I think that Paypal will first use any cash you have sitting in your acct. Say you got money from ebates or something, when you go to make a payment for an ebay purchase, it uses that first. Had that happen with a small amount that had been returned for another ebay purchase and next thing I bought, it took that money first.
Another time, with PPDG, back in April, I was trying to verify things, and it went to where it was gonna charge my bank account, luckily I saw that, I was confused but finally realized what it was going to do, and backed out! Somehow I got it thru using the gc's for payment next time, but gotta definitely watch that!

Figures there's a promo bc I'm not with my cards right now. Hoping to get home in time to take advantage and hope ppdg doesn't get locked up.
Lately I've just kept my ebay cards in my purse, but in the past I have typed the gc #'s and value, in notepad and then taken a pic of that.

When was the last time that GC Mall sold Target giftcards?
Last time I think was earlier in the day on May 9th, and I think there were a few more available at another time shortly after that?, but then that was it and nothing since then. UGH!!

So I was stalking this thread and my email, checking first for a regular ebucks promo, then hoping for a flash sale. Then suddenly, there it was! Yay! Of course, I'm at work but can break a bit. Planned to buy BB and GS physical. Both DD25 and I got it, awesome! First, I bought some GS on DD's acct just to get some thru. Easy, no problem. Then used my acct to try for the BB. Of course, I got the "Sorry, this payment option isn’t available. .....Contact PayPal Customer Service to resolve this issue". Expected, but still disappointing. So I called. It took a while and had to answer a few verify questions. Finally she got it to go thru and got $800! Had started at 600, but decided to try more. She said I would be able to do other transactions. I figured not, but tried another decent amount. Did not work, of course. Tried thru DD's account then with her ebay and paypal, but when I had to call paypal, well that girl had no clue and thought I was trying to use already used gc's. Finally she took my gc's and tried herself, first verifying they had balances. I'm sorry but she, well, wasn't too bright. Finally just had to get off. I called back and got someone to help verify my account, we thought it'd work, but not today. Finally just bought some more GS physical that went thru fine, to get the ebucks, and that works at my store pretty well so far. But, at least I got a good amount in BB, so got to spread out to BB and GS, got some good ebucks and the 3% ebates, so ended up pretty much as if we got the 5x promo and regular ebates. Happy with the return for all my efforts, at least, lol, but PPDG is still a HUGE pain in the @$&#%!

One thing that was kinda weird. I had two ebay gc's and then had to pay for shipping. Tried to then use a $25 gc towards the shipping. Instead, it took off $25 on the bigger gc, and then used the $25 card so the total was then same between three cards, but postage still wasn't covered. That was stupid, but I took off the $25 card and just paid the shipping out of my bank account. Never had that happen before, with taking off some money from one gc when I added another small gc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter