• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was stalking this thread and my email, checking first for a regular ebucks promo, then hoping for a flash sale. Then suddenly, there it was! Yay! Of course, I'm at work but can break a bit. Planned to buy BB and GS physical. Both DD25 and I got it, awesome! First, I bought some GS on DD's acct just to get some thru. Easy, no problem. Then used my acct to try for the BB. Of course, I got the "Sorry, this payment option isn’t available. .....Contact PayPal Customer Service to resolve this issue". Expected, but still disappointing. So I called. It took a while and had to answer a few verify questions. Finally she got it to go thru and got $800! Had started at 600, but decided to try more. She said I would be able to do other transactions. I figured not, but tried another decent amount. Did not work, of course. Tried thru DD's account then with her ebay and paypal, but when I had to call paypal, well that girl had no clue and thought I was trying to use already used gc's. Finally she took my gc's and tried herself, first verifying they had balances. I'm sorry but she, well, wasn't too bright. Finally just had to get off. I called back and got someone to help verify my account, we thought it'd work, but not today. Finally just bought some more GS physical that went thru fine, to get the ebucks, and that works at my store pretty well so far. But, at least I got a good amount in BB, so got to spread out to BB and GS, got some good ebucks and the 3% ebates, so ended up pretty much as if we got the 5x promo and regular ebates. Happy with the return for all my efforts, at least, lol, but PPDG is still a HUGE pain in the @$&#%!

One thing that was kinda weird. I had two ebay gc's and then had to pay for shipping. Tried to then use a $25 gc towards the shipping. Instead, it took off $25 on the bigger gc, and then used the $25 card so the total was then same between three cards, but postage still wasn't covered. That was stupid, but I took off the $25 card and just paid the shipping out of my bank account. Never had that happen before, with taking off some money from one gc when I added another small gc.

I paid with 4 $200 gift cards plus another card with $30 something to cover the shipping. It actually took the entire value of the $38 card and put the shipping onto one of the larger cards, leaving $20 something on the larger card. But it doesn't tell you which card has the balance left, so I had to "test" the balance on all 4 of the $200 cards after my transaction went through so I knew for sure.

Something similar happened to us today i bought $600 (3 $200 ) ebay egift card may 9th received via email gift cards tried to redeem them today for the promo and 2 of them had 0 balance and 1 had $37 balance and the gift card is linked to someones else account. We called target ebay paypal each of them telling us to call each department my husband demanded for research on what is going on. ebay requested proof of purchases and egift card numbers to research what is going on So im not sure at this point what is going to happen. Target csr said i was out of luck since someone got to my account and took the numbers only thing i could do was file a police report. I think there is more to this if its happening to other people. Ill keep you posted to what happens

Wow - we have seen many instances of target cards being drained before, but this one seems to be different than the others - maybe it points to hints better?

What account had your codes loaded into it? Email? Target? eBay?

Many examples involved resellers like raise being involved - but that doesn't seem to be the case here?

Crap, I do not want to call. I think it's just an issue on my computer. I actually just checked on my phone and the page for my ebay bucks balance is loading correctly there, and I did get the bonus promo on the cards I bought, thank goodness.

My computer is doing the same thing and has been for a few weeks. Mine also shows up correctly on my phone/ipad, so I think it's some glitch they have with desktop.

My email seems to have been hacked. I didn't realize until i clicked on top right corner of bell with a number one in it. Says a bunch of people from all over world were just accessing my email acct. I changed my paasword and now I can't find any evidence of it happening. It said it was through Firefox. Luckily I didn't have any emails from Target w/ Ebay codes.

My email seems to have been hacked. I didn't realize until i clicked on top right corner of bell with a number one in it. Says a bunch of people from all over world were just accessing my email acct. I changed my paasword and now I can't find any evidence of it happening. It said it was through Firefox. Luckily I didn't have any emails from Target w/ Ebay codes.

Wow - can you share more about what you were looking at? I don't use Firefox that often - is that where the bell is? Or was that in your email program?

It looks like the $50 Disney cards are also out of stock at target .com. I can't even pull them up. The $100 is there and says only available in stores. The $50 seems to be MIA. Can anyone else pull it up?

Wow - can you share more about what you were looking at? I don't use Firefox that often - is that where the bell is? Or was that in your email program?
I wasn't using Firefox. I was using Google Chrome. I was on att mail homepage. Near my name was a red number 1, I think. Clicked that and it says acct was accessed in Dubai, and a bunch of other places.
I want more info too but I don't know where too look.
This also happened a few ago. My husband asked why I was sending email about his manhood and friend told me I was sending her junk mail. I assured both that I didn't mean to do this. I remember about the same time Joy Behar from the View said it happened to her too. (I don't watch that crap anymore).

It looks like the $50 Disney cards are also out of stock at target .com. I can't even pull them up. The $100 is there and says only available in stores. The $50 seems to be MIA. Can anyone else pull it up?
On the Target app I see the $100 is out of stock but can't see the $50 one???

The $50 Disney cards seem like they disappeared the same way the eBay ones did. I've got a pretty big chunk of my churn money still in Target. I'm getting a bit nervous. I'd like to get the 5%, but I might just start converting in the store.

I'm having trouble on the Target website finding the transactions on a gift card. I can find the remaining balance, but I can't see the individual transactions. Can someone tell me how to find that info? Thanks.

Wow, so sorry this happened to you! So, if I am understanding your post correctly, you had received the ebay codes by email from Target but they had just been sitting in your email all this time? And Target is suggesting that someone hacked your email account and stole the codes?

I hope you get some kind of resolution. Keep us posted!

Yes and Yes. I should of checked the balances on the cards once I received them but I didn't have any issues before but then again i used the eBay egift cards right away. I changed my passwords on my email account and target account just in case this was true. I had hadn't any issues in the past so this is new to me.

Just when I thought I was ready to throw in the towel, I found a new ray of hope:idea:.

Since I already have enough Disney gift cards for our upcoming October trip, I started looking ahead to our trip to HHI in 2017 for spring break. Since I will only have 6 months in between trips, the travel budget needs to be rock-solid and fully-funded in a hurry. We will be driving down and staying in a hotel on the road on the way there and back. I decided that I will use some of my $200 in eBucks towards a Hotels.com gift card. If nothing else, it will essentially give us a "free" night on the road. Then, from here on out, I will work on accruing points from Swagbucks, Perk, and Shopkick and use them to redeem for eBay gift cards. This way, I can earn eBay money to use towards physical gas cards and hotels.com cards. Once I cover those expenses, if I have any time left, I can start focusing on restaurants (Subway, BK, etc) to cover our food on the road. I may not have enough time to earn "free" gift cards, but I can at least earn them at a discount. The way I see it, every time I go in to Target and receive a $5 FWP gift card, I can use it towards a $25 eBay gift card....that's a 20% savings. So here's my plan...

Redeem all of my points from rewards programs towards eBay gift cards, if possible
Save up all of my Target FWP gift cards and convert them into eBay gift cards
Use eBay to buy physical gift cards, but only buy them during eBucks promos
Use any earned eBucks to buy additional gift cards for hotel, gas, or food

I think I will need to start a new spreadsheet. I also feel that as of now, I am completely done with PPDG and I think my "churning" has also come to an end...but that doesn't mean that I am done with saving money on gift cards:goodvibes.

Wow - we have seen many instances of target cards being drained before, but this one seems to be different than the others - maybe it points to hints better?

What account had your codes loaded into it? Email? Target? eBay?

Many examples involved resellers like raise being involved - but that doesn't seem to be the case here?
I bought eBay egift cards from Target and the codes were sent to my personal email account. I didn't use them right away because i was waiting on the right promo.

Quick question- does Target limit the number of gift cards you can buy in-store? I'm probably looking at purchasing around $2,000 in one fell swoop, so 20 $100 gift cards.

Quick question- does Target limit the number of gift cards you can buy in-store? I'm probably looking at purchasing around $2,000 in one fell swoop, so 20 $100 gift cards.
I would at least go to a few different registers in the store if I was trying to buy that many at one time.

^ Susie, may I ask why you would recommend doing that? Is it because otherwise they might suspect some sort of fraud or reseller activity and opt not to sell the cards?

I bought 2000 yesterday and the guy didn't bat an eye. He actually had to go to the back and look for eBay gift cards and came back with a pack of 10-$200 cards and asked how many I needed. I said actually 2k and he was like perfect cause that's how many is in this pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter