Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still in PPDG vortex...can't purchase anything from them at all. Keeps sending me into validating my account via text or phone call. I do that and it still giving me this error, 70094 13113. I reached out to PayPal and PPDG.
I can purchase from GCM with no issues.
I can't even get to the verify stage. I just get "this payment option isn't available"... I'm so frustrated!

I'm cashing out in Disney gift cards on the flash sale. I just got a$500 card, now to see what else I can find. I've kept my gift card money in eBay for the last few weeks holding out hope that the game wasn't really over but I think enough time has passed for me to lose hope.

I've got a Kroger and a Safeway chain nearby that I can get fuel points with so it looks like that's my method from here on out. I'm too chicken to try Gamestop. Closest Sears or Best Buy is an hour away. And really, a big perk of churning before was to be able to do most of it in my bathrobe. Time is money and once I have to start driving an hour or two to chance a YMMV transaction it starts falling into the "not worth it" category.

Rest in peace GCM, Ebates, and Target online :charac2:.

So I managed to get $200 GS thru PPDG so I'm going to move forward with my plan of buying something to resell on ebay when I go to use it. With luck I'll find something in the $25-50 range that will sell easily for what I paid for it!

I also ordered 2 - $250 GS cards from nationalgiftcard, whom I never purchased from before. I like that they have free shipping and a large value card (that many @ $25 is a pain!) so I'm taking a chance!

I've tried Frontier and hated all the nickle and dime-ing. To pre "book" a seat they charge (or pray the flight is not sold out and can sit next to your family) and even fees for carry-ons. At least for CO SW is still a really good deal. Our flights to CA and even FL have not gone up (knock on wood).

We fly out of Denver and Frontier, even with the seat fee and baggage fee was a lot less for recent flights to Dallas (Frontier with all fees was $78 OW, Southwest was $240 OW). Now, for our Sept trip to MCO, we are booked on SW to use points and GC's but the flights are so much higher than Frontier.

Bought $500 in BB GC from PPDG without hitch. Left work to run to BB and hope to do a quick flip. Out of Ebay GCs. :headache:

Will have to go this weekend to one of my other options. I was really hoping to flip the same $500 twice.

I have one more Kmart to test and if successful, I will buy some more later today. I have 3 near me (Cash only | Gc for GC but closing | untested)

I also bought $500 in GS cards that I will try to unload tonight and flip them again.

We fly out of Denver and Frontier, even with the seat fee and baggage fee was a lot less for recent flights to Dallas (Frontier with all fees was $78 OW, Southwest was $240 OW). Now, for our Sept trip to MCO, we are booked on SW to use points and GC's but the flights are so much higher than Frontier.
I think it really depends on the destination. Flying to MCO or SNA it is very reasonable. To go to BOS (we are going in August) is pretty expensive.

I'm not sure what to do for an exit strategy if I can't order anything through PPDG. I was going to Best Buy, but now it seems that GS is the only way to go and they don't sell Disney. hmmmm.....

Does anyone know if you can stack Shopkicks and Mypoints at Best Buy?

I tried it the other day and had them scan for shopkick first. When they scanned for MyPoints, it said something about only one affiliate program per transaction.

I'm not sure what to do for an exit strategy if I can't order anything through PPDG. I was going to Best Buy, but now it seems that GS is the only way to go and they don't sell Disney. hmmmm.....

Have you tried calling PP to see if they can push the order through? I have not done that but I have seen others post they did that. I am able to order through PPDG but it can only be $200 or less.

Have you tried calling PP to see if they can push the order through? I have not done that but I have seen others post they did that. I am able to order through PPDG but it can only be $200 or less.
I haven't yet because I'm still at work. Had to stay late to make up the time I wasted messing with this... LOL. I may try later, but it just aggravates me that they make it so difficult for their customers to buy their product.

quick question, my paypal account seems to be in an endless loop of verifying it, anyway other than calling to get out of this loop, I'm not even trying to buy anything thru PPdg, just trying to log into my acct.

quick question, my paypal account seems to be in an endless loop of verifying it, anyway other than calling to get out of this loop, I'm not even trying to buy anything thru PPdg, just trying to log into my acct.
Try checking your email associated with that PayPal acct. I had that problem once and when I checked my email there was a message from PayPal asking me to verify my account. Once I did that I was all clear.

I was able to get my first $100 BB thru PPDG. I tried verifying with text message and that didn't work so I got nervous. But after a phone call at home it went through. I also did $200 GS with NGC.

Ducked out from work to turn my paltry $120 in GS into eBay to at least get a few more eBay bucks. Got soaked in a huge downpour leaving GS, traffic lights were out on the way back to work and power is off at work. So no internet. Reluctant to place a PPDG order on my phone since I haven't done that before and it's a new device.

Seems like this isn't meant to be today.

Worst case scenarios:

You could always sell the GS GCs to a reseller site for about 82-85% of face value (which is what GS usually goes for) but receive it back in cash.

You could see what GCs GS does sell, go to giftcardgranny to compare which has the highest resale value, trade your GS for that card, and resell that card to recoup a better percentage than above in cash.

You could convert GS to eBay, use the eBay credit to buy something with a high resale value (like a new iPad or MacBook, which I see go on sale frequently) during a Bonus Bucks promo (to get those Bucks and offset any eBay selling fees), then turn around and sell that item back on eBay or Craigslist for cash.

If your GS does not accept GC-for-GC, you can buy something with a high resale value (like a game console), sell it on eBay or Craigslist, and cash out that way.

With cash, you can take it to Target or Raise>Target, and buy Disney GCs with the 5% discount.

The point is, if you can liquidate your GS, BB, Sears GCs to cash at close to a 90% value, the Target REDCard discount gives you another 5%, and possibly more with Raise et al., so you won't lose too much at the end of it (and hopefully you'll have churned your funds a few times and made some profit).

(ETA detail.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter