Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Thanks guys. Guess I'll just buy from Raise or Cardpool at a 5-7% discount and then buy Disney Gift Cards from Target at an additional 5% off.

Just wonder if they will eventually eliminate that method as well.:scared:
The problem is that Raise and Cardpool are generally running at 2-4%. Occasionally a 10% card shows up (for either a very small or very large amount), and gets swallowed up very quickly. But churning is not for people in a hurry, so if you can wait for sales and alerts, it's possible to save quite a bit.

The problem is that Raise and Cardpool are generally running at 2-4%. Occasionally a 10% card shows up (for either a very small or very large amount), and gets swallowed up very quickly. But churning is not for people in a hurry, so if you can wait for sales and alerts, it's possible to save quite a bit.
Another option is to begin by buying Target cards at a grocery store with good fuel points promotions, where applicable. The percentage can be higher, and the cards are "clean."

Another option is to begin by buying Target cards at a grocery store with good fuel points promotions, where applicable. The percentage can be higher, and the cards are "clean."
And with a credit card that gives more than 1% at grocery stores (e.g., one of the Amex blue cards).

I seen quite a few for 5% off on one of the sites. I'm not going to start picking it back up until July though. No hurry.

Raise is having a 1% off sale today on selected gift cards. One is Cirque de Soleil, and they were already at 5% off.

Interesting and odd thing happened to me this month. I have been frequently able to purchase Disney GC and eBay GC at one specific BB store with BB PPDG. One night after a movie dinner date with my GF, I stopped by again to start cashing out Disney GC, but apparently it was later in the night and the floor cashier lead was there, and he flat out said I can't do that and the computers don't allow it. Didn't stir trouble, but felt pretty bad because he wasn't very respectable to me regarding it.

Kind of freaked out that weekend because we had so much in funds that's not in Disney GC yet. The following Sunday I decided to try online BB order to pick up in store for only Disney GC, and it worked when I paid with BB GC and also got Ebates. I gave me hope to continue with BB, but I tried again on Wednesday and it was cancelled. This is when it got weird because it went through perfectly fine on Sunday, and it didn't on Wednesday.

Same stores, different days. Curiosity got the best of me and I tried agian today (Sunday). And it worked again! It's ready for pick up.

I have a theory that it might be a department in BB that process store pick ups since when you come in, it's on the different register than checkouts. And maybe that the people scheduled to work on Sundays actually know where the Disney GCs are and processes it for me, while other people on different days either don't try hard enough or doesn't know where to process my order. Or maybe it's the same cashier lead that cancels the online orders when they see BB GC payments?

Either way, that guy was wrong. The system allows it, and some people in your store does it.

Bummer. We only belong to Costco. Guess we will stick with the 5% with the Target red card.

Costco does sell McCormick and Schmicks gift cards 20% off ($100 for $79.99) and they can be used at all Landry's locations including T-Rex, Rainforest Cafe and Yak and Yeti (table service only). Be sure to get a Landry's Select club card from their website for additional savings and priority seating (which helps a LOT especially at Disney Springs)

Costco does sell McCormick and Schmicks gift cards 20% off ($100 for $79.99) and they can be used at all Landry's locations including T-Rex, Rainforest Cafe and Yak and Yeti (table service only). Be sure to get a Landry's Select club card from their website for additional savings and priority seating (which helps a LOT especially at Disney Springs)
Thank you for pointing this out. I saw that they sell these online as well, and then discovered a Costco blocks away from our pediatrician.
Just wish they sold some of the cards that could be used for churning.

So I recently moved, and received one of the 10% off my next purchase coupons from Target. Does anyone know if these are usable with to purchase the Disney Gift Cards at a reduced rate in combination with the redcard?

We had time between my DDs prelims and finals at her swim meet so I made a tour of local K-Marts. We went into one and grabbed 12 $25 eBay cards. The cashier told us we couldn't use a gift card to buy a gift card. Crap. I played dumb said I could at my local store then apologized for making him scan them all and said 'no thanks' when he asked if we still wanted them.

We drove 8 miles to the next closest one, grabbed 12 cards and the cashier happily rang me up.

Classic YMMV.

Now I need to convert some to BB so I can buy Disney cards for next week's trip.

Interesting and odd thing happened to me this month. I have been frequently able to purchase Disney GC and eBay GC at one specific BB store with BB PPDG. One night after a movie dinner date with my GF, I stopped by again to start cashing out Disney GC, but apparently it was later in the night and the floor cashier lead was there, and he flat out said I can't do that and the computers don't allow it. Didn't stir trouble, but felt pretty bad because he wasn't very respectable to me regarding it.

Kind of freaked out that weekend because we had so much in funds that's not in Disney GC yet. The following Sunday I decided to try online BB order to pick up in store for only Disney GC, and it worked when I paid with BB GC and also got Ebates. I gave me hope to continue with BB, but I tried again on Wednesday and it was cancelled. This is when it got weird because it went through perfectly fine on Sunday, and it didn't on Wednesday.

Same stores, different days. Curiosity got the best of me and I tried agian today (Sunday). And it worked again! It's ready for pick up.

I have a theory that it might be a department in BB that process store pick ups since when you come in, it's on the different register than checkouts. And maybe that the people scheduled to work on Sundays actually know where the Disney GCs are and processes it for me, while other people on different days either don't try hard enough or doesn't know where to process my order. Or maybe it's the same cashier lead that cancels the online orders when they see BB GC payments?

Either way, that guy was wrong. The system allows it, and some people in your store does it.

Figured I'd try an online order through Best Buy using ppdg BB gift cards. Ordered $150 in eBay and $50 Disney and the order went through for in store pick up. Hoping it goes through. I did get a confirmation email. The email said it would be available for pick up tomorrow.

Also ordered Disney gift cards through Target earlier today. Got the Target at Kroger. Just received an email that I'm getting 2x sb on the order. I did add a couple small office items to the order. Just stuff we needed anyway.

Grrr. Was anyone able to flip twice today? Ebay is telling me: To help protect your account, we limit the amount of items purchased by a single account at any one time. This buying limit is temporary. You can come back soon and buy more items.

I was able to get $500 BB this afternoon, but had to use my husband's Paypal acct with my ebay (he still has never gotten a promo). And I bought $50 for Fandango (my paypal worked for that one). Trying to flip it again and I can't, not even a single card. I think I'm going to go ahead and try to buy that homeschool book I need and see if that works.

North Austin peeps, are we all going to Lakeline Best Buy?! The guys asked me what the deal was because several people have been buying Ebay cards with BB cards today.

EDIT: Nope, can't buy anything.

have you been able to purchase anything from ebay since getting that message? I got that message on my account and DHs account. Called ebay about my account and was told its a paypal problem. Called paypal and was told its an ebay problem. Just wondering if yours went away

have you been able to purchase anything from ebay since getting that message? I got that message on my account and DHs account. Called ebay about my account and was told its a paypal problem. Called paypal and was told its an ebay problem. Just wondering if yours went away

I have not tried yet.

Anyone else find it curious that NGC took down all of their listings? Their store is marked "the seller is away". After they emailed me saying that they were looking into selling Target on eBay, I've been checking them regularly. They were slowly adding more and more cards, and now nothing.

Anyone else find it curious that NGC took down all of their listings? Their store is marked "the seller is away". After they emailed me saying that they were looking into selling Target on eBay, I've been checking them regularly. They were slowly adding more and more cards, and now nothing.

That IS strange.

Another thing I noticed is that GCM doesn't even list Target any more. :( They previously listed, but showed that they were out of stock. I was really hoping this was just a lull in the process, but I'm losing hope...

I have an idea as to why NGC is down...I placed a $1000 order with them (2 $500 GS gcs) which was flagged for review by PayPal. I'm guessing it was flagged because they are new sellers that had a high volume in a short amount of time? I'm not sure if that's the case, just my guess, but NGC never responded to PayPal's emails to them regarding the sale, so the sale was cancelled through PayPal and my money was refunded, but here's the kicker...they sent me the gift cards! If they did this to multiple people, they're sunk! I'm still trying to figure out with PayPal if there is a way to make this right.

I have an idea as to why NGC is down...I placed a $1000 order with them (2 $500 GS gcs) which was flagged for review by PayPal. I'm guessing it was flagged because they are new sellers that had a high volume in a short amount of time? I'm not sure if that's the case, just my guess, but NGC never responded to PayPal's emails to them regarding the sale, so the sale was cancelled through PayPal and my money was refunded, but here's the kicker...they sent me the gift cards! If they did this to multiple people, they're sunk! I'm still trying to figure out with PayPal if there is a way to make this right.

Whoops!

Are we allowed to post links to where we've found Disney Gift Card giveaways?
I would say that links are allowed as long as they don't include a referral. Then again, I'm not a moderator.

You can share the link with a comment like "If this is not OK, Mods please delete" and that should cover your bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter