Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called PayPal and got the nicest agent. She was so sweet and appreciative that I was positive and cooperative. That was after I slept on my annoyance last night. I answered her questions and she reset the account. The big PITB was typing in all TWELVE gift cards into the system (K-Mart only had $25 eBay cards) but she was a champ and hung on through the process.

Now off to try to buy $300 in Disney cards for pick up at Best Buy.

I did some churning with ebay and BB last week, it worked very well, I even ordered 3 $50 cards at bestbuy.com with a filler item ($1.49 phone case), and picked it up in store. I did have an issue twice, where they could not validate the cards at pick up, but both those times, I had changed the pick up location on the order, so I won't be doing that again. They other two times went very smoothly, and the second time the cashier asked what I was going to do with the ebay cards, so I explained that they will be used for my vacation, she said she was curious because, she "never sees anyone purchasing the ebay cards, ever". I guess I don't have much competition in my neck of the woods :)

Another interesting trip to my GameStop... I bought some Skylander figures B2G3 that I can hopefully resell and was getting a $200 ebay GC with them. Found out that now (along with the approval for a $250 GC purchase with GC) if your GC purchase is more than $100 and you are using more than 2 GC to purchase, they need to call for approval as well. So, it's definitely low and slow for me at GS. Thankfully, I do have 2 others in a half hour radius, so I can spread it out a bit, but it's interesting, that's for sure. And if I'm going to the third GS there's a BB nearby and I can do a bit there as well.

Another interesting trip to my GameStop... I bought some Skylander figures B2G3 that I can hopefully resell and was getting a $200 ebay GC with them. Found out that now (along with the approval for a $250 GC purchase with GC) if your GC purchase is more than $100 and you are using more than 2 GC to purchase, they need to call for approval as well. So, it's definitely low and slow for me at GS. Thankfully, I do have 2 others in a half hour radius, so I can spread it out a bit, but it's interesting, that's for sure. And if I'm going to the third GS there's a BB nearby and I can do a bit there as well.

It's so strange how each GameStop can have different policies. I converted my last $300 in GameStop to eBay yesterday, paid with 3 $100 gift cards and the cashier didn't even blink. I think I'm done with GameStop though unless there's a sale like the $60 for $50. The stores are too small with only one or two employees, making it difficult to fly under the radar without really spreading out the purchases.

I did successfully convert $325 in BestBuy to Disney using store pick-up yesterday. I added a pack of k-cups that were on sale and received Ebates on the entire purchase. Even though I end up with smaller denomination cards, it gives me peace of mind to know that the transaction already went through. I pay for the add on item with my credit card and that's the card I show them when I pickup up my items. I've also had some great conversations with the clerks about Disney and accumulating gift cards to pay for the trip (without disclosing any part of the churning process).

Going forward I plan to take my remaining $300 in eBay and cycle that through Best Buy whenever there is an eBay bucks promo. It sure is slow going compared to what it was in the past.

It's so strange how each GameStop can have different policies. I converted my last $300 in GameStop to eBay yesterday, paid with 3 $100 gift cards and the cashier didn't even blink. I think I'm done with GameStop though unless there's a sale like the $60 for $50. The stores are too small with only one or two employees, making it difficult to fly under the radar without really spreading out the purchases.

When I started, most GS in eastern KS/Western MO were doing GC to GC. A few weeks later, we couldn't find any in eastern KS, but Western MO was still doing it. Just tried to go a few days ago after 3 weeks in WDW and they said they got a memo 2 weeks ago and are no longer doing it. Also, they are phasing out their eBay GC anyway (the register wouldn't even let the cashier ring it in, and this was before she knew we were paying with GCs). It is very frustrating. I don't have any left in GS since I converted my last ones right before we left for our trip, but my mom has been sitting on a bunch that she has been accumulating since GCM stopped selling Target and now we are having difficulty getting them converted.

Well....I got bored and decided to see what PPDG had in store for me today...

This time, I put a $50 BB gift card in my cart and went to check out. I selected PayPal as my payment method and proceeded to enter my e-mail address and password to log in. Previously, I got the message that said that this payment method was not accepted. This time I got all excited because it seemed to go through...sort of...

It listed my e-mail address (my PayPal account) under the "PayPal" payment option...but it told me to "Please log in to PayPal"...:confused3huh? So I entered my password again, and again it tells me to "Please log in to PayPal":badpc::badpc:.

I give up:rolleyes1....I just can't win:sad2:

I'm not going to bother calling (yet) because it isn't that big of a deal at this point. Once I get my $200 in eBucks, I will want to use them towards a BB gift card purchase and THEN I will be on the phone trying to figure this out. It's so stupid that PayPal says it's eBay, eBay says is PayPal, PPDG says it's PayPal...but each of them individually say that there is no problem. If there is NO PROBLEM....WHY CAN'T I BUY ANYTHING!?:furious::furious::furious:

UPDATE: ...and now my PayPal account has been locked and my PayPal debit card has been deactivated. I went through the security verification and all has been restored, but still...WTH?? All I did was (gasp!) try to make a purchase...

Alrighty....I *think* I was correct. I had purchased $1K in gift cards starting on May 19. When I hit $975, I tried to buy another $50 and got "locked". I was able to buy a $25 but I have been "locked" ever since. I went back and forth between eBay and PayPal, each telling me that nothing was wrong. Well, sure enough, today I tried to buy a $50 BB card from PPDG and it went through without any problem at all. It has been 31 days since I made the initial $475 purchase so I think I was correct in assuming that I hit an invisible limit of $1000.

I will stop at BB tomorrow and try to buy a $50 eBay card. I've never had an issue at this store so I don't anticipate a problem. *IF* all goes well, I may take my $208 in eBucks come July and try to churn again. At this point, the churn funds are "free" and there is no longer any of my "cash" invested so I don't have a lot to lose.

Well this is interesting....

On a whim, I tried to order a $50 eBay gift card for in-store pickup at Best Buy. As I suspected, it was cancelled within about 5 minutes...but I still received $0.50 in eBates. I don't feel right about this, even though it is not my fault. I always click through a shopping portal whenever I plan to make a purchase. If it credits, great...but I certainly do not want credit for an order that was cancelled. From previous experience, I know that when eBates issues you a credit, they typically won't rescind it. I had this happen in the past for an $8 credit (10% back on a pair of work boots from ShoeBuy that didn't fit so I returned them) and they told me that it was mine to keep. I am not going to contact them regarding a $0.50 credit that I am not entitled to because I don't want to draw attention to it. I thought I would let you folks here know that you CAN earn eBates from eBay gift card purchases made at Best Buy. For those of you who have had luck with your orders going through, this may be beneficial information for you.

On a whim, I tried to order a $50 eBay gift card for in-store pickup at Best Buy. As I suspected, it was cancelled within about 5 minutes...but I still received $0.50 in eBates. I don't feel right about this, even though it is not my fault. I always click through a shopping portal whenever I plan to make a purchase. If it credits, great...but I certainly do not want credit for an order that was cancelled. From previous experience, I know that when eBates issues you a credit, they typically won't rescind it. I had this happen in the past for an $8 credit (10% back on a pair of work boots from ShoeBuy that didn't fit so I returned them) and they told me that it was mine to keep. I am not going to contact them regarding a $0.50 credit that I am not entitled to because I don't want to draw attention to it. I thought I would let you folks here know that you CAN earn eBates from eBay gift card purchases made at Best Buy. For those of you who have had luck with your orders going through, this may be beneficial information for you.

I, too, got credit for buying gift cards that were cancelled. They took back the money a couple of days later.

They usually do rescind credit for cancelled orders. Not always though. I think many people don't notice because they have so many orders and credits in their account, $0.50 here or there is hard to account for.

I, too, got credit for buying gift cards that were cancelled. They took back the money a couple of days later.

They usually do rescind credit for cancelled orders. Not always though. I think many people don't notice because they have so many orders and credits in their account, $0.50 here or there is hard to account for.

That makes me feel better. I didn't feel right getting money for an order that I didn't pay for:scared:.

I'm cashing out some for my trip next week. The discount % on the usual Raise->Target->Disney was 15.70%. The discount on eBates->eBay->BB/GS/K-Mart->BB->Disney was 20.68%. I saved about $100 off $550 of Disney gift cards in less than a month. I also scored a week in a 1 bedroom at Wyndham Cypress Palms for only $222 through Skyauction. We'll probably spend another $100 on groceries/etc. We have APs, so I spent $872 for 5 days at WDW. Can you say "budget trip"? Yes. Yes you can.

Now I have to figure out how to reflect the cash out on my spreadsheet. I still have $250 left on eBay and $50 on BB. Hmm ...

Oh, and I ordered my gift cards online and was able to get $2.50 in eBates from it.

I'm cashing out some for my trip next week. The discount % on the usual Raise->Target->Disney was 15.70%. The discount on eBates->eBay->BB/GS/K-Mart->BB->Disney was 20.68%. I saved about $100 off $550 of Disney gift cards in less than a month.
Oh, and I ordered my gift cards online and was able to get $2.50 in eBates from it.
:thumbsup2 since Target is a 5% discount, that means you got the gc on raise for over 10% off? I've never seen that kind of discount...what am I doing wrong? you're an awesome budgeteer! and you got the ebates for gc??? lucky..... so far I'm only running 9-10% off gc using Amex/Bj's or 5x cash back+5% off using grocery store/target....

:thumbsup2 since Target is a 5% discount, that means you got the gc on raise for over 10% off? I've never seen that kind of discount...what am I doing wrong? you're an awesome budgeteer! and you got the ebates for gc??? lucky..... so far I'm only running 9-10% off gc using Amex/Bj's or 5x cash back+5% off using grocery store/target....
That included a $10 free gift card I received for buying something I was going to buy anyway. Without that my discount was 12.19%.

I'm a Disney Visa member and we've gotten a $25 gift card recently for speaking with someone for 20 min regarding DVC. You don't have to purchase anything and they send you the gift card in the mail the same week. Also, there was a promotion whenever we got our card (back in Feb) and we received a $200 Disney gift card. THEN, we received another promotion that gave us a $50 Disney gift card for adding an authorized user.

I sent a message to NGC about all of their listings being pulled and the store being marked "away". I asked if they would continue to sell on eBay. Their response is below:

New message: Hello, At this time we do not have...

New message from: nationalgiftcard (104)
Hello,

At this time we do not have a specific time frame but we will be back up and running eventually

Both $50 and $100 Disney gift cards are out of stock at target.com. I need $650 more in the next two months. I think I just need to buy them next time they're in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter