Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that is because you don't really understand the thread because you didn't really read it? People do this churning to maximize their discounts on Disney gift cards. That is the end game for most people here, myself included. I have gotten over $2500 in Disney gift cards at a 100% discount through the assistance and sharing I have done on this and a few other threads, so it feels very relevant to me.

That's great, congrats. How long did it take for you to do that? I obviously ruffled feathers, I apologize.

That's great, congrats. How long did it take for you to do that? I obviously ruffled feathers, I apologize.

I have been tracking my progress since December 31, 2015. So it has taken me about 7 months to earn that money. It is not going to be quick, but it is possible to earn big discounts. We all work hard at this and help each other where we can, so I think some of us do get upset when someone waltzes in and expects to be spoon fed the "secret sauce" or be told how exactly to do this work with minimal effort and no contribution to the group as a whole.

Does your GS not allow any third party GC purchases with GS GC at all? My experience and what I've heard so far is that it's just Ebay and Amazon that are not allowed but restaurants and SW purchases have been going through.

But then again, there doesn't seem to be any consistent nationwide policies for GS GCs as seen by previous posts in this thread.

Sorry , I didn't word that right. My gamestop doesn't even carry any of those types of gift cards. They only have the xbox and playstation type of cards. We have moved recently though and are close to a different gamestop, so I might head in there and see what they have.

I actually got our southwest gift cards on Target before they closed the use of gift cards for the southwest gift cards, at a good deal with buying the discounted target gift cards and the gift cards I earned from my rewards programs I do.

I actually got our southwest gift cards on Target before they closed the use of gift cards for the southwest gift cards, at a good deal with buying the discounted target gift cards and the gift cards I earned from my rewards programs I do.

I haven't gotten a SW in forever because of points but I like getting them for gifts - is it just online using a gc and getting the default 5% gone or is it the 5% off in stores too that is no longer?

We have a short trip to Disney in September. I had planned to use my 2% cash back card at Sam's Club for around 7% off on gift cards, but after seeing this board I realize there might be better opportunities out there. Would someone be willing to give me a quick rundown? You can message me? The extra3 code at Raise says it is expired.

In regards to your question about Sam's Club, here was my experience in trying to maximize savings there. I purchases a Walmart giftcard on Raise for about 3% off. I then took that to Sam's Club to buy their pre-packaged discount Disney cards. They were out of stock. I did check out with an iTunes gc, and some regular shopping, but they had to call a manager over to use the egift card. It made me very nervous. In the end, I successfully purchased the gift cards at Sam's Club online, using the Walmart gift card.

Let's assume you can use your rewards cc at Raise 2%
Raise discount 3%
Sam's Club discounted Disney gc 4-5%
You could save 10%.

But there are a lot of risks with all of the above. If you're looking to buy a relatively small amount, you might want to consider the ease of just purchasing directly in-store at Target for 5% off.

Is anyone just buying Target gift cards through Raise or Cardpool for 5% off and then just getting Disney gift cards at Target for an additional 5% off?

FYI - Cardpool has a sale on Target GCs (all 6% off).

Just be weary that their purchase guarantee only works on physical gift-cards. I have bought a bunch of digital ones without any issues, I stopped after I realized they don't guarantee those purchases.
Really?

Is anyone just buying Target gift cards through Raise or Cardpool for 5% off and then just getting Disney gift cards at Target for an additional 5% off?

Yes, I am. It's easy, and I'm not planning a big trip...just buying $800 of Halloween party tickets right now. I will probably do it again when we want to renew our AP's.

Honestly, I don't have the patience for a lot of the other methods. A quick, easy, (essentially) no-risk method works for me.

Yes, that is my procedure. I joined this thread right after the Target>Ebay route died and I am on a time crunch and needed about $4k in 5 months. So I'm keeping it simple and quick!

Yes, I am. It's easy, and I'm not planning a big trip...just buying $800 of Halloween party tickets right now. I will probably do it again when we want to renew our AP's.

Honestly, I don't have the patience for a lot of the other methods. A quick, easy, (essentially) no-risk method works for me.
Ya, thats what I am fixin to start doing again. I was doing the whole Ebay thing before, but now since that is a no go, I will be content with just a 10-12% savings.

Sorry , I didn't word that right. My gamestop doesn't even carry any of those types of gift cards. They only have the xbox and playstation type of cards. We have moved recently though and are close to a different gamestop, so I might head in there and see what they have.

Online you can't use a target gift card to buy any egift cards anymore. Anytime you try to it cancels the order. But, you still get the 5% off with the redcard.

That's what I'm doing since I'm not allowed to use ebay GC to purchase GC anymore. 8-10% is still better than 0%.

That's what I'm doing since I'm not allowed to use ebay GC to purchase GC anymore. 8-10% is still better than 0%.
Right, I am hoping to get at least 10% off every time. Fixin to start here at the end of the month churning again. I'm kinda excited. So, are there any other stores that allow a Disney Gift Card to be purchased with a gift card? Walgreens, Best Buy?

Right, I am hoping to get at least 10% off every time. Fixin to start here at the end of the month churning again. I'm kinda excited. So, are there any other stores that allow a Disney Gift Card to be purchased with a gift card? Walgreens, Best Buy?

BB allows disney GC to be purchased with a BB GC. Right now there's a promotion for ebates where you can get $5 off for spending $25 at BB (some people have had success buying GC online and do in-person pickup). Other people have also indicated success with Walgreens. Sam's Club also sells Disney GC at a discount (close to 5%) and you can use walmart/Sam's Club GC. If you want 10% each time you have to be patient and very selective on what you purchase (not all GC will be 5% off at gc resale sites).

Alternatively you can also look for CC offers. E.g., you may have an AmEx deal for $10 off $50 at JoAnn fabrics where you may be able to purchase a GC (depending on what your local JoAnn carries).

Lowes has 5% cash back bonus with discover card right now up to $1500 spent. Not sure if they have eBay gift cards in store or not, I know I have seen Disney gift cards there. I realize 5% is the same discount that you can get with red card, but I have an extra bonus for the first year of having my discover card so I get double cash back. Might be worth it for 10% cash back!

I didn't demand anything, and its fine, I can do my own research. The title of the thread is Disney Gift Cards and the conversation isn't about Disney gift cards, it is about churning Game Stop, Walgreens, ebay etc. So when someone said a comment about a deal being shady wasn't appropriate to this thread my first thought was that none of the conversation appears related to the title of the thread.

Hi Lucigo, I apologize for some of the other members snotty response to you (no I don't expect you to read 1000+ pages to figure out what everyone is talking about.) I will be glad to give you an explanation of what is going on, please bear with me as this might be a little lengthy.

The idea here is to find ways to get Disney gift cards at a discount, which can then be used to buy park tickets, pay for your hotel and even your food. Here are some of the ways that you can save money on Disney gift cards:

1) Thru ebay: Ebay has a program called ebay bucks which gives you 2% back for any purchases. (You must sign up for this program in your ebay account.) However, every once in a while they offer bonus bucks where instead of 2% back they will give you 6%, 8%, or even 10% back. But even better, you can pay with an ebay gift card that you can sometimes purchase at a discount. So, for example, you go into target and buy an ebay gift card for $100 using your target redcard which gives you 5% off anything at target. You then wait until ebay is running their 8% ebay bucks offer and use the $100 ebay giftcard to purchase a best buy gift card. You are now up to a 13% discount. (the original 5% from target + the 8% from ebay.) You now take the best buy gift card and go into best buy and do one of 2 things: 1) You can buy a Disney gift card which you have now gotten at a 13% discount or 2) Use your Best Buy gift card to buy an ebay gift card. You then use the ebay gift card the next time an 8% ebay bucks offer comes out and buy another best buy gift card (So your discount is now at 21%). This is called "Rinse and Repeat". The more times you rinse and repeat, the more your savings will be.

Things to be careful of: People have told stories of their paypal accounts getting shut down when using too many gift cards on ebay. As the famous saying goes "everything in moderation" - if you start buying $2000 worth of gift cards every time ebay has their bonus bucks, you should expect to be shut down. Also, never attract attention to yourself: when buying gift cards at Best Buy, don't go in and start buying a ton of gift cards at a time. If a cashier tells you it can't be done, just apologize and try another cashier or another best buy. It is not worth your the fight or your dignity even if you are right. (there are many people who would disagree with me on that, I know because I see them yelling at cashiers or store managers.)

2) Thru American Express: American express has offers on their credit cards that can save you money without having to rinse and repeat. For example, right now Amex has an offer that if you spend $25 at Bed, bath, and Beyond you get $5 automatically back on your credit card. So yesterday, I went into Bed, bath, and Beyond and purchased a $25 Disney gift card. I got $5 back on my credit card and 1% the credit card gives me back, for a total savings of 21%.

Similarly, last year Amex had a deal with Newegg that spend $200, get $25 back. So I bought a $200 ebay gift card at NewEgg and immediately started my rinse and repeat with a 13.5% discount.

Similarly, currently Amex has a deal at Best Buy: Spend $250, get $25 back. You can go to best Buy and buy a Disney gift card and your discount is 11% or you can buy an ebay gift card and start the rinse and repeat at 11%.

Please note that there are a number of American Express cards that have no annual fee (American Express Blue Cash, American Express Everyday, American Express Simplycash). You can also add free authorized users. For example, I added my mother, father and sister as authorized users on some of my cards, so I have a total of 8 actual credit cards and can get these deals 8 times. I don't want to spend too much time here on the Amex process, there are other forums that go into details on that.

Another way that you can get discounted ebay gift cards is thru Rite Aid, which sometime offers bonus plenty points. a few weeks ago they offered $8 in plenty points when buying an ebay gift card, or a 17% discount (a little less since you probably will end up using the points at Exxon/Mobil whose gas prices are usually more expensive than everyone else - at least in my area. )

Finally, don't forget when buying gift cards on ebay, always go through a cash portal like ebates to get an additional 1% back on your purchase. If you don't know what ebates is, visit their site and it will explain to you what to do.

I hope this explains to you what this whole forum is about, and I'll be in Disneyworld from August 15 -August 18 (In 3 weeks!)

Dear friends,
I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for this thread, which I first looked at when it was "only" 200-300 pages or so. We have just paid off our trip and also amassed enough gift cards to pay for everything we plan to eat/buy while we are there. Just by doing the GC/target route over the past year, waiting for great deals, I have saved approximately $600. I really just wanted to reach out to you guys and say thank you!! Because of this extra money, we can do some of the "extra" stuff that we couldn't have afforded on our own. Best to all of you!

For those with the Best Buy Amex offer, keep in mind you don't have to purchase all $250 at once. We have several ebates accounts, so I was able to use the $5 bonus offer on each account (paying with Amex every time). Then I made one final larger purchase to get my total up to $250. Worked out to roughly 20% off. And since you're paying with Amex and not a gift card, you should get the 2% in Best Buy rewards.

Ugh. Getting frustrated with BB.com! I'm trying to take advantage of the ebates offer ($5 off $25) and ordering a GC for in store pick up. I first tried, several days ago, getting a $50 ebay card and paying with a BB egift card. It was cancelled & I was't too surprised. However, I realized I had a bit of a PP balance so thought I'd use that today and it gets cancelled too! I can't figure out why it would be, since I have a balance that more than covers the purchase amount. I know I could just transfer the PP to my bank account and use that at BB, but I really like keeping my churning totally separate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter