Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought 2-$100s using 3 gift cards 10 minutes ago and got the confirmation email. I am not going to get high-anxiety about this one until there is a reason, but I will be most irritable if this method gets shut down too.

Maybe I was trying in some pocket of time when things were down. Will try again this morning.

Am I the only one who thinks it's completely bizarre that some guy comes on our thread and tries to boss us around without even understanding what we're talking about? I mean who does that? Who looks at almost 1100 pages of conversations between strangers and says, "Y'all are doing this wrong and I want it fixed!"
When I see posts like the one you mean, or ones where they ask about a method that doesn't work that we had discussed for 50 pages , I just assume that they came here to stir the pot. I still answer them, because there are new people coming in all the time, and I don't to look rude, but I do wonder why people have to post things to bother others.

I started this thread, and even though I don't post much I love reading how many people come on here and help each other save money for their Magical Disney trips. It is so wonderful. ALL the info is important to someone no matter if it is posted 1 time or 100 times. They are crazy. BYE BYE. you don't need to save :)
I agree! I see by your siggy that you are DVC members now. Congrats! We are going to BWV/BCV in November too, can't wait!

Just a couple data points regarding converting Walgreens GCs (not store credit cards) to Disney GCs: Had $1000 to convert, so I tried 3 Walgreens within 15 minutes of me the other day. I'm in the western suburbs of Chicago, Fox Valley area. Each one handled it differently. First one, I bought a $100, swiped the Walgreens GC, no questions, no problems. Second store, bought a $200 GC, swiped the Walgreens GC, no questions, no problems. Third one, bought a $300 GC. Cashier said he needed to call the manager for any GC purchase over $100. Manager asked me how I was paying and I said with a GC and a credit card. She asked to see the credit card and verified my name and signature. Cashier continued the purchase and the manager watched me a little too intently, almost suspiciously. I only had the courage to swipe one Walgreens GC and just decided to pay for the rest with a CC. (I know, I'm a wimp! :) I think I'll stick with store #2 in the future! Also, if anyone is curious, I did not accrue Balance Rewards Everyday Points on the gift card purchase, only on the other items I purchased.

Also, I want to thank everyone who takes the time to share their experiences on this board. As a huge couponer for over 10 years, saving money is in my blood! We're taking our first Disney World trip this October: My husband and I, our four kids 10, 8 and twins 6, and my in-laws. I knew I could save 5% buying GCs through Target, but this board has taken my savings to a whole new level! Thank you so much for making my trip-planning experience more fun, less stressful and less expensive! Happy saving everyone!

Just bought 2-$100s using 3 gift cards 10 minutes ago and got the confirmation email. I am not going to get high-anxiety about this one until there is a reason, but I will be most irritable if this method gets shut down too.

Glad to hear that the "fine print" may just be a technicality that they aren't really enforcing. I'll definitely give it a try once I receive my Target GCs from ebay.

I agree that it would be very disappointing we could no longer use Target GCs for Disney.

I have received shipment notification for my order of 5 x 100 Disney gift cards paid for completely with Target gift card ($475). Just wanted to let you guys know. So hopefully we are still good with ordering Disney gift cards with Target gift cards, despite that note saying we can't.

I just placed an order for $250 in Disney cards using only Target gift cards. No problems and no cancellations so far. Seems to be working as it always has. Hopefully it will continue.

I checked a number of specialty e-gift cards and they all say the same thing about not being able to use a Target gift card to purchase that gift card. We know that to be true for e-gift cards. I wonder if they added that blanket statement to all the gift cards that can be purchased online even though the Disney cards are physical ones. I'm hoping that's the case. For me, that was an uncomplicated way to save (for me) 13% when combined with Amex cashback, fuel rewards and the RedCard discount.

Last edited:
I'm glad the Gamestop > BB credit moving is working great for everybody. Looks like the trade in values are holding up!

Don't forget that you can use your power up points you are earning towards purchasing pre-owned games and then churning those games back to BB. You also earn My Best Buy points for games trade ins towards those $5 Best Buy certificates. My girlfriend is sick of me asking her to trade in video games at BB for me @Minniekins, haha but she has no idea I'm going to use all these funds for her birthday AP. I plan on telling her "I told you it was worth it!" once I reveal what all this was for :rolleyes1

I don't see how this thread is going off topic. Gamestop/Best Buy churning/flipping is directly related to discounted... in my opinion, FREE :) Disney gift cards. Granted some of the methods on here aren't for everybody, the information is on here. You can take that info, digest it, and use it depending on what's made available to you and how you feel about it.

I'm glad the Gamestop > BB credit moving is working great for everybody. Looks like the trade in values are holding up!

Don't forget that you can use your power up points you are earning towards purchasing pre-owned games and then churning those games back to BB. You also earn My Best Buy points for games trade ins towards those $5 Best Buy certificates. My girlfriend is sick of me asking her to trade in video games at BB for me @Minniekins, haha but she has no idea I'm going to use all these funds for her birthday AP. I plan on telling her "I told you it was worth it!" once I reveal what all this was for :rolleyes1

I don't see how this thread is going off topic. Gamestop/Best Buy churning/flipping is directly related to discounted... in my opinion, FREE :) Disney gift cards. Granted some of the methods on here aren't for everybody, the information is on here. You can take that info, digest it, and use it depending on what's made available to you and how you feel about it.

My purchases and trade ins went so well yesterday (minus my screw up that I'm chalking up to learning curve...) that I'm actually considering keeping $100-150 in GS on hand for when this sort of thing pops up!

I did use my GS rewards card when purchasing the games, so I'll use those rewards for more tradable games. I'm not signed up for BB points though - I might need to check in to it more. Is it free? I did make sure to scan my Shopkick at BB when I bought my ebay GC, so I earned a few extra points there, but if there's another way to earn a little bit more I'm all for it!

My purchases and trade ins went so well yesterday (minus my screw up that I'm chalking up to learning curve...) that I'm actually considering keeping $100-150 in GS on hand for when this sort of thing pops up!

I did use my GS rewards card when purchasing the games, so I'll use those rewards for more tradable games. I'm not signed up for BB points though - I might need to check in to it more. Is it free? I did make sure to scan my Shopkick at BB when I bought my ebay GC, so I earned a few extra points there, but if there's another way to earn a little bit more I'm all for it!

I'm also considering adding this to my process. My fiance loves Gamestop, already has the pro membership, and even if we get stuck with any Gamestop cards, he'd use them easily.

I am loving this. You just made me get loud and tell my husband this. I only get loud when I'm really excited. :) Question though: you mentioned your girlfriend having to trade some in for you. Why? Is there a limit on how many you can trade in? If you have a link or info on that, I'd be grateful. Thanks!

GS is done in Louisiana too. My guess a its over most everywhere

@Minniekins, even though it was effective earlier, it looks like eBay didn't actually start enforcing the $2K/60 limit until July 28. I was curious because when I took advantage of the 4X eBucks promo on July 21 I'd already spent over $2k in the past 60 days.

I hope you find a way to spend those GS without losing too much of your earnings.

@Minniekins i hope you're GS situation improves. Have you thought about utilizing some for gifts for anyone you may know. They also sell some collectible type things like those funko figures and I got a Star Wars monopoly set there on clearance recently for the family.
Or do you have friends or family who could use GS gift cards for holidays they would buy off you?
Buy Sell Trade may also be an option..... If you can cut people a deal but not incur the resellers costs maybe that would help. Or even if you have a great rapport with one of the GS employees share you situation (to an extent) and maybe they or someone else would be into buying them.

GS churning is dead in Metro Boston and Southern NH. The good news is that you can buy other GCs that are not Ebay/Amazon/Visa. I bought a $500 Southwest GC and will probably buy restaurant cards with the other $100 I still hold.

Question regarding Ebucks expiration...

The expiration is tomorrow. Does that mean I need to use them today because tomorrow they are dead or can I still use them tomorrow and if so, till what time?

Yup, My Best Buy is free. For every 250 points you get a $5 certificate you can use in store. GC purchases are YMMV with the certificates. It looks like they are cutting the points earned per dollar spent in half on 8/28.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/my-best-buy/pcmcat309300050007.c?id=pcmcat309300050007

If you sign up for the Gamers Club (there is a free and paid version), you get 2x points for trade ins. If you play/buy video games for others, the paid version is amazing. They give you 20% off any new video game. It even stacks with sales that they have (excluding black friday), giving some insane deals on games. I've easily made back the funds and more for the $30 2 year membership. It's better than Power Up Pro IMO.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/my-best...&issolr=1&searchRedirect=gamers+club+unlocked

I'm also considering adding this to my process. My fiance loves Gamestop, already has the pro membership, and even if we get stuck with any Gamestop cards, he'd use them easily.

Even if the games tank in value before you trade, you can always return the games back to Gamestop. There is no possible loss with at least trying this out. :)

Last edited:
I am loving this. You just made me get loud and tell my husband this. I only get loud when I'm really excited. :) Question though: you mentioned your girlfriend having to trade some in for you. Why? Is there a limit on how many you can trade in? If you have a link or info on that, I'd be grateful. Thanks!

Yes, you can trade in a maximum of three of the same title per system. The system will let you trade in more then three, but there is a good chance you can get banned. It will flag your account.

For example:
3 Rainbow Six Siege for Xbox One
3 Rainbow Six Siege for PS4
3 Battleborn Xbox One
3 Battleborn PS4
& so on

Then my girlfriend will do the same for maximum return.

Yes, you can trade in a maximum of three of the same title per system. The system will let you trade in more then three, but there is a good chance you can get banned. It will flag your account.

For example:
3 Rainbow Six Siege for Xbox One
3 Rainbow Six Siege for PS4
3 Battleborn Xbox One
3 Battleborn PS4
& so on

Then my girlfriend will do the same for maximum return.

So are you just always finding new titles that work for the churn? Once you do the three, you move on and don't even think about those titles again? My mom is here from up north (because I'm 41 weeks pregnant and could go into labor at any moment) and I'm going to try to have her do a few of these for me. Here's another question- do you think they'd let my son trade in? He's 7. He's with me most times so that would be easy. I can also have my husband and BIL do it for me, but that's getting a little crazy with logistics. But maybe this restriction isn't as big of a deal if new games are coming all the time and you don't really have to worry about it... I'd like your thoughts on that if you would share.

Oh, one more thing, have you ever traded in a new game? My GS has the Empire one new for only $19.99 which would obviously still be a quick $3 after tax, and I suppose that I could just open it, but wondered if there was any advantage to trading it in in new condition.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
So are you just always finding new titles that work for the churn? Once you do the three, you move on and don't even think about those titles again? My mom is here from up north (because I'm 41 weeks pregnant and could go into labor at any moment) and I'm going to try to have her do a few of these for me. Here's another question- do you think they'd let my son trade in? He's 7. He's with me most times so that would be easy. I can also have my husband and BIL do it for me, but that's getting a little crazy with logistics. But maybe this restriction isn't as big of a deal if new games are coming all the time and you don't really have to worry about it... I'd like your thoughts on that if you would share. Thanks again!

I work at a computer all day here in my office, so I'll occasionally check online weekly ads when I'm not busy. I saw the guaranteed $25 list of games I posted a couple pages back, and checked to see what they were selling for at Gamestop, which was less. A combination of high trade in vales at BB, and sales on the same games at Gamestop make this process work. Since the "up to $25 on select titles" was on the weekly flyer, the values would probably hold until Saturday. The sales on the preowned games at Gamestop could possibly end on Wednesday (when they release ads/change sales) which would kill the churn.

I'm not sure about your son. I would not think so, because they do need your identification in order to process trade ins.

I work at a computer all day here in my office, so I'll occasionally check online weekly ads when I'm not busy. I saw the guaranteed $25 list of games I posted a couple pages back, and checked to see what they were selling for at Gamestop, which was less. A combination of high trade in vales at BB, and sales on the same games at Gamestop make this process work. Since the "up to $25 on select titles" was on the weekly flyer, the values would probably hold until Saturday. The sales on the preowned games at Gamestop could possibly end on Wednesday (when they release ads/change sales) which would kill the churn.

I'm not sure about your son. I would not think so, because they do need your identification in order to process trade ins.
He has a passport! I'm going to ask. Thanks for all your expertise!

Lol well someone is GS trade churning in my neighborhood. Both my GS out of samurai but I ordered a few.
If the cover isn't the original is that an issue for BB trade in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter