Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda off-topic, but I was wondering if you all found a particular AmEx card has better offers than others? I somehow got a AmEx EveryDay card (amex changed it at some point... funny thing is they still offer the card I originally had, or at least the same name with what seems to be the same features, so I'll never now why they changed me, but I digress) and while I do get some good offers there's a lot more out there. I thought about changing to or applying for the Blue Everyday Cash card and wondered if that might drum up some better deals? And it seems like since it's a cash card you get stmt credits rather than having to deal with the rewards points, right?

I have noticed that husband's Green card is terrible at offers. He only sees about half of what I get and he has to pay for the privilege. And he actually uses the card... although maybe that's why, he uses it without needing to be enticed! :)

Our family was very grateful to Disney for the DVA and the added incentive of 2% back. It was a major part of our vacation saving and budgeting. It was a very unexpected shock to come on this board and find out that it had abruptly been discontinued. And it is just a reminder that every opportunity for our vacation discounts can end, and does end, at any time - as we have all learned during this wonderful 1,362 page journey on this board. Oh, how we miss the Ebates - Target red card 5% eBay - Ebay 10% ebucks - Target gift card - Target.com 5% for eBay and finish with target 5% for Disney to Disney DVA for the final 2%.

We still have options that work today but could abruptly end tomorrow. And I appologize to anyone I offended with my comment about "Knowing Disney, the 5% could end at any time," I should have been more specific to say "anything regarding free money could end at any time." As it has been said before, Disney doesn't have to give us 5% and I gratefully accepted it, as I have gratefully excepted every opportunity to experience Disney vacations at a discounted price.

And I am greatfull to all the wonderful people here that have posted these opportunities for us to all save

Anyone know if I can combine WalMart gift cards (buy one big card with 4-5 smaller ones) at the SELF Checkout? I've done the service desk before and it seemed to confuse the poor girl. Thought I'd try it on my own at self checkout if that will work.
I've done it at Sam's but not at Wal-Mart.

I just found 2 Master Card gift cards I had hidden away, and I am wondering where I take them to exchange them for Disney gift cards.

I think I tried 4 or 5 different ones and they all told me no. It is not a merchandise credit. I didn't ask - when I went to pay they asked to see my ID and credit card each time. I said I'd be using a gift card and they said they don't allow it. And I said ok but the system will. And they said no. Got managers involved and a big fat no each time.

Not sure if you still have these gift cards but CVS is accepting unwanted Gift Cards, here's the link:
https://cvs.cardcash.com/

I've never used this but I'm keeping the link under my favs. We get a lot of GC throughout the year and to places we never venture. Instead of re-gifting I'll use this to my benefit. Just a thought.

Not sure if you still have these gift cards but CVS is accepting unwanted Gift Cards, here's the link:
https://cvs.cardcash.com/

I've never used this but I'm keeping the link under my favs. We get a lot of GC throughout the year and to places we never venture. Instead of re-gifting I'll use this to my benefit. Just a thought.

I don't shop at CVS (which is what you'd get in return for your gift card) and selling on a resale website as this really devalues the gift card. I've looked on other resale websites before and the most I'd have gotten would have been about 78% after they take their cut. It'd probably be a better idea to just buy toilet paper (or another household essential) there when it's on sale. I was able to get rid of $200 worth yesterday and we'll try the last $100 in a couple of days. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Our family was very grateful to Disney for the DVA and the added incentive of 2% back. It was a major part of our vacation saving and budgeting. It was a very unexpected shock to come on this board and find out that it had abruptly been discontinued. And it is just a reminder that every opportunity for our vacation discounts can end, and does end, at any time - as we have all learned during this wonderful 1,362 page journey on this board. Oh, how we miss the Ebates - Target red card 5% eBay - Ebay 10% ebucks - Target gift card - Target.com 5% for eBay and finish with target 5% for Disney to Disney DVA for the final 2%.

We still have options that work today but could abruptly end tomorrow. And I appologize to anyone I offended with my comment about "Knowing Disney, the 5% could end at any time," I should have been more specific to say "anything regarding free money could end at any time." As it has been said before, Disney doesn't have to give us 5% and I gratefully accepted it, as I have gratefully excepted every opportunity to experience Disney vacations at a discounted price.

And I am greatfull to all the wonderful people here that have posted these opportunities for us to all save
Personally I thought your comment funny & a good reminder :) DVA tensions were running high at the time me thinks ...

Hi, guys! New to this board; it seems very helpful! I had seen a "how to save 10% on your Disney vacation" post somewhere, but can't find it now. I think there was a BJ Disney gift card purchase at 5%, pay that off with Disney Visa for 2% back? ( would that be 1 or 2%??). Not sure of the other particulars. Does Mr Rebate count for gift card purchases at BJs? Site said it did not. I am sure these answers are somewhere in these 1363 pages . . . Thanks for any help!

The Target Cartwheel Perks program is ending!!!!

This is definitely a bummer. The perks were so good at the beginning, then they switched it to "$10 off" select catagories, so I guess I should've seen it coming. We usually used the perks for groceries for our upcoming Disney trips. It was nice to have that extra $10 for every $500 in Disney cards we bought, on top of the 8% or so we got off the Target gift cards we used.

Its YMMV. Most locations let me, but one does not. Pin enabled is better. If not pin enabled, then try registering the card for better luck.

I have had succes with the visa gc's at my Kroger. That's my only experience.

I have been told once I can't at my Kroger. If I go through self check out it works fine. Otherwise I go to another Kroger.

I have never had an issue at my Kroger. Today however, I had an issue at Safeway, has anyone else had a problem purchasing a GC with a GC at Safeway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter