• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you that use Amazon, they currently have a targeted promotion that gives $10 credit when you send a $50 Amazon gift card by text. I found the purple banner at the top under the Gift Cards & Registry section.

I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m thinking the Discover It 5% cashback will work for this too. I also have the Amazon Prime card, but since it’s my first year with Discover I’ll get double cashback.

ETA: I found a detailed descripton of the promotion on Slickdeals here: https://slickdeals.net/f/10582136-s...-get-a-10-amazon-credit-select-accounts-only?
I am a prime member and am a Amazon chase card holder and can't find the promo. Must be over?

Last edited:
Target has 2 different $5 gift card promotions right now (one in beauty and one for household items). I went to the store and did my regular shopping first. Got my 2 gift cards. Went right back in and bought Disney gift cards using the new $5 target gift cards and gift cards from the card cash promotion.

I am a prime member and have an Amazon chase card holder and can't find the promo. Must be over?

It ends October 17, 2017. It's a targeted offer so it's possible that your account may not have been chosen for this promotion. The banner is still showing up at the top of the Gift Cards & Registry department for me here: https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=nav_cs_gc_registry?ie=UTF8&node=14069511011. Also check all accounts in your household, it's possible those might have been target.

Here's the banner I see at the top:
dt_ss_1024x80_ott._V516469208_.jpg

Reactions: rlp

I'm sorry to hear that some of you had issues with the CardCash deal and the Target app. I made a first purchased of $1000 in Target gift cards for $900 from CardCash yesterday, then converted to Disney. Thankfully it went smoothly and my store actually had enough $100 cards. I used a cashback card of course but also got an additional 2.55% cashback through CouponCabin. While my CardCash order was processing I received a text message from them to confirm that I made the order, then my card was delivered shortly after confirming through text. Did anyone else get a text message?

Just went to my local Target to finish up buying GCs for my trip in three weeks. They were out of every denomination of Disney GCs. They usually sell the $100, $50, and $25. Everything gone! I asked someone working there who confirmed they were out of stock. He said it looked like it had been a while since any were sold. I found that odd since I've been buying some off and on for the past several months. He said it didn't say discontinued, but it also didn't say they would be getting any in. I did find some an hour away. Not sure if I should wait and see if they get any more in or drive an hour to get them. This just made me worried that Target is going to stop selling them.

ETA: It is also showing on the Target website that the Disney GC is not sold in stores.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that some of you had issues with the CardCash deal and the Target app. I made a first purchased of $1000 in Target gift cards for $900 from CardCash yesterday, then converted to Disney. Thankfully it went smoothly and my store actually had enough $100 cards. I used a cashback card of course but also got an additional 2.55% cashback through CouponCabin. While my CardCash order was processing I received a text message from them to confirm that I made the order, then my card was delivered shortly after confirming through text. Did anyone else get a text message?
I got a text too but didn't recognize the number. I never responded because I wasn't sure about the security of it all....my order still came through not long after.

Was really considering this cardcash deal. Think I'll wait for the next 5% off wholesale clubs with the freedom. Don't want to stuck with the target gift card.

I just signed up for coupon cabin and there's an offer for 20%cash back for first purchase. Ever have any problems with getting the cashback on the gift cards? TIA

I just signed up for coupon cabin and there's an offer for 20%cash back for first purchase. Ever have any problems with getting the cashback on the gift cards? TIA

No problem at all, and it credited within an hour after I made the purchase. I made sure to do it directly through the mobile app to avoid any shopping tracker interruptions. Make sure to read the terms on the new member offer. Sometimes they have a max cashback amount for those, and if you’re buying a large amount it’s sometimes better using the normal cashback without the cap.

I got an email asking to confirm one of my orders, but not the others.
Coupon Cabin says cash back is not valid on gift card purchases (which is funny since that is all CardCash is), did yours get the cash back?

I got an email asking to confirm one of my orders, but not the others.
Coupon Cabin says cash back is not valid on gift card purchases (which is funny since that is all CardCash is), did yours get the cash back?

I noticed that too and also thought it was odd since that's all that CardCash sells, so I ignored it and went ahead with it anyways. I was credited $22.95 (2.5% plus 2% bonus on the cashback amount; 2.55% total) for the $900 I spent and it's pending until the end of next month for payout. I'm already a member so the only other good offer they had was 10% back for members with a $10 max cashback, so just went with the normal cashback rate and bonus.

It ends October 17, 2017. It's a targeted offer so it's possible that your account may not have been chosen for this promotion. The banner is still showing up at the top of the Gift Cards & Registry department for me here: https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=nav_cs_gc_registry?ie=UTF8&node=14069511011. Also check all accounts in your household, it's possible those might have been target.

Here's the banner I see at the top:
dt_ss_1024x80_ott._V516469208_.jpg
I guess I am not their target:( (we only have 1 household account) Thanks for the help!

Did you ever receive a response as to why? They marked my orders as fraud as well and I cannot begin to fathom a reason. They seem to be ignoring my e-mails. Disappointing.
I'm not the poster you asked but I emailed cardcash after they cancelled 3 different orders with different payments and they DID get back to me. Their response was just a reiteration that my order was suspected fraudulent but they hoped I would continue to do business with them

Well shoot. I'm bummed I missed the Coupon Cabin angle. I *almost* asked if there was someplace to buy through when I made my order :(.

Just went to my local Target to finish up buying GCs for my trip in three weeks. They were out of every denomination of Disney GCs. They usually sell the $100, $50, and $25. Everything gone! I asked someone working there who confirmed they were out of stock. He said it looked like it had been a while since any were sold. I found that odd since I've been buying some off and on for the past several months. He said it didn't say discontinued, but it also didn't say they would be getting any in. I did find some an hour away. Not sure if I should wait and see if they get any more in or drive an hour to get them. This just made me worried that Target is going to stop selling them.

ETA: It is also showing on the Target website that the Disney GC is not sold in stores.
Could be someone with a big trip coming up in your area got in on the same deal and wiped the store out. A DCL trip is expensive enough to do the trick.

I did the cardcash deal. I also put my receipt into Shopkicks. It's 1point/$ spent right now. I will see if they credit it. They have on my walmart receipts so far.

I did the cardcash deal. I also put my receipt into Shopkicks. It's 1point/$ spent right now. I will see if they credit it. They have on my walmart receipts so far.

SK credited my Target purchase and it was $500 of Disney GCs paid for almost completely with Target GCs. I think I paid $2.15 cash.

So you just submit the receipt even without any of the promo products on it for credit? Never thought to try that, I was sending them through Fetch but if I can double dip I'll start that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter