Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never tried, and I can't find anything on their site, but the HEB gift cards available on Raise specifically say they cannot be used to buy other gift cards.

What would happen if you bought a soda and a, let's say $50 Disney gift card, and used a $50 HEB plus $1.08 to buy everything? Would it go through then?

What would happen if you bought a soda and a, let's say $50 Disney gift card, and used a $50 HEB plus $1.08 to buy everything? Would it go through then?
I wish I knew. But even then you can only roll so far since it's one per customer/per heb online account. Honestly though, for us, we do all our grocery shopping at HEB anyway, so this is the equivalent of 20% off Disney gift cards for our upcoming trip. I'm going to have every adult in my house buy one, but I feel a bit icky trying to get too much more shady with it (creating multiple email accounts and going back, etc.)

I wish I knew. But even then you can only roll so far since it's one per customer/per heb online account. Honestly though, for us, we do all our grocery shopping at HEB anyway, so this is the equivalent of 20% off Disney gift cards for our upcoming trip. I'm going to have every adult in my house buy one, but I feel a bit icky trying to get too much more shady with it (creating multiple email accounts and going back, etc.)

Promotion says one per customer, no reason to feel icky. I have tons of friends and family that will gladly let me use their account or buy the GC for me. I hope they don't pull the deal early like last time!

Promotion says one per customer, no reason to feel icky. I have tons of friends and family that will gladly let me use their account or buy the GC for me. I hope they don't pull the deal early like last time!
Good point about them pulling it early. I remember now from last time. Also possible they quickly run out of Disney gift cards, though i believe the deal includes Lowe's as well, so worst case we can use those to buy Disney cards.

FYI, just got back from HEB. There are no paper versions of this coupon in sight, at least not at my store. So you need to do this online or with the app, add the digital coupon to your account, and then scan the bar code at checkout. Again at my store, no specific Disney gift card denominations were available, just the blank gift card that you can put $25-$500 on, and they had a ton, so I doubt they'll run out. So add the coupon, bring both the Disney and HEB gift card to checkout, tell the cashier to put $50 on the Disney, $10 on the HEB, scan the coupon code and pay. Easy. Even better if you pay with some kind of rewards card.

Most interestingly, and I haven't tested this yet, is that the coupon appears to still be on my profile in the app. Perhaps the system hasn't caught up yet, or perhaps I can go back and get more. The promotion is scheduled to run through 4/17 as it stands so I'll chime in when I've had a chance to go back.

FYI, just got back from HEB. There are no paper versions of this coupon in sight, at least not at my store. So you need to do this online or with the app, add the digital coupon to your account, and then scan the bar code at checkout. Again at my store, no specific Disney gift card denominations were available, just the blank gift card that you can put $25-$500 on, and they had a ton, so I doubt they'll run out. So add the coupon, bring both the Disney and HEB gift card to checkout, tell the cashier to put $50 on the Disney, $10 on the HEB, scan the coupon code and pay. Easy. Even better if you pay with some kind of rewards card.

Most interestingly, and I haven't tested this yet, is that the coupon appears to still be on my profile in the app. Perhaps the system hasn't caught up yet, or perhaps I can go back and get more. The promotion is scheduled to run through 4/17 as it stands so I'll chime in when I've had a chance to go back.
Seconding this. No paper coupons in sight. Coupon already loaded to my HEB app. Handed Variable-load DGC and a blank HEB gift card to cashier. "$50 on the Disney and $10 on the HEB, please." Cashier rang them up, scanned the barcode on my app, $10 credit appeared, I payed $50 and walked out. Coupon still shows on my app.

what is HEB
Seconding this. No paper coupons in sight. Coupon already loaded to my HEB app. Handed Variable-load DGC and a blank HEB gift card to cashier. "$50 on the Disney and $10 on the HEB, please." Cashier rang them up, scanned the barcode on my app, $10 credit appeared, I payed $50 and walked out. Coupon still shows on my app.
what is HEB

The local Target store will not accept Target gift cards for payment of any gift cards they sell in the store. I was told that Target gift cards can only be used for merchandise. They won't even allow the purchase of two Target $50 gift cards, using a Target $100 gift card to pay for them.

This information was from today. The Target associate even checked with another employee for confirmation.

Last edited:
The local Target store will not accept Target gift cards for payment of any gift cards they sell in the store. I was told that Target gift cards can only be used for merchandise. They won't even allow the purchase of two Target $50 gift cards, using a Target $100 to pay for them.

This information was from today. The Target associate even checked with another employee for confirmation.

Could you share with us the store location?

Yesterday: went to my local Target (Watertown, MA) and purchased $150 in Disney gift cards with Target gift cards no problem at self-checkout.

Today, same store: the payment wouldn't go through (I was using self-checkout) so someone came over to help. That person #1 called someone else over, said "he's trying to buy gift cards with gift cards." Person #2 said "sorry, you aren't allowed to do that." I said I just did yesterday, asked if there had been a policy change, she said "no, you've never been able to do that." So now I knew she didn't really know what she was talking about. I told her that I did yesterday, have been doing so for years as well. She said "that must have been a mistake, that's never been allowed." She called Person #3 over, explained it to him, he said "no, that's never been allowed" and walked away. I asked if I could try the next machine over (the one I used yesterday) and she said "it's not going to work either, but sure." I tried the other machine, broke it up into three smaller transactions ($200, $200, $100) and it went through with no problem. She looked shocked.

Very strange. I know some people had said Target was reporting a glitch and that it should be fixed, I'm wondering if the one machine has been updated so it works again and the other machine needs an update so it won't accept gift cards.

Yesterday: went to my local Target (Watertown, MA) and purchased $150 in Disney gift cards with Target gift cards no problem at self-checkout.

Today, same store: the payment wouldn't go through (I was using self-checkout) so someone came over to help. That person #1 called someone else over, said "he's trying to buy gift cards with gift cards." Person #2 said "sorry, you aren't allowed to do that." I said I just did yesterday, asked if there had been a policy change, she said "no, you've never been able to do that." So now I knew she didn't really know what she was talking about. I told her that I did yesterday, have been doing so for years as well. She said "that must have been a mistake, that's never been allowed." She called Person #3 over, explained it to him, he said "no, that's never been allowed" and walked away. I asked if I could try the next machine over (the one I used yesterday) and she said "it's not going to work either, but sure." I tried the other machine, broke it up into three smaller transactions ($200, $200, $100) and it went through with no problem. She looked shocked.

Very strange. I know some people had said Target was reporting a glitch and that it should be fixed, I'm wondering if the one machine has been updated so it works again and the other machine needs an update so it won't accept gift cards.
OK, you win:thumbsup2...this is the strangest Target gift card experience I have read so far:crazy::rotfl2:

Did the HEB deal 10 times last night. used 10 different account bar codes/transactions but had no problems. Make sure the coupon is added 10 minutes before you checkout, It takes a couple of minutes to fully load.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter