Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
In continuing Best Buy news: I was at a store today and asked the cashier, with whom I've purchased many Disney Gift Cards, about the recent changes in gift card purchases. He said that if I paid 'real money' for some of the Disney gift card then I would be able to use a Best Buy gift card for the balance.

i.e. To buy a $50 Disney gift card: use $49 from a Best Buy card and $1 cash from pocket.

Don't know if this actually works because I'm waiting for the CashStar gift cards to come in.
I really hope this is true.

It varies, but I don't think it matters. I have occasionally had issues with the points crediting. I did have a Kroger CSR tell me once that the coupon was good for only one use, when I knew it was unlimited. I just hung up and called again, but now I try to remember to screen shot the coupon just in case.
Thank you!

In continuing Best Buy news: I was at a store today and asked the cashier, with whom I've purchased many Disney Gift Cards, about the recent changes in gift card purchases. He said that if I paid 'real money' for some of the Disney gift card then I would be able to use a Best Buy gift card for the balance.

i.e. To buy a $50 Disney gift card: use $49 from a Best Buy card and $1 cash from pocket.

Don't know if this actually works because I'm waiting for the CashStar gift cards to come in.

I tried to buy a $25 fixed amount Disney giftcard along with an ink refill for $30 and use a $25 BB gc and the system would not take it. The cashier said it was because you can't buy a gc with a gc. I thought it would be fine because I had more merchandise than gc but nope.

I tried to buy a $25 fixed amount Disney giftcard along with an ink refill for $30 and use a $25 BB gc and the system would not take it. The cashier said it was because you can't buy a gc with a gc. I thought it would be fine because I had more merchandise than gc but nope.

Drat. I was hoping they set it up like Target where when I tried to buy a $17 DVD and $40 in GC's, it said I could use $17 of my gift card and "how else would you like to pay" for the rest :) I could do them in separate transactions, BB GC for DVD and Chase Pay for GC, but I'm trying to get the swagbucks bonus :laughing: Guess I'll just have to save up more in PayPal before going back.

Checking out my BoA Amerideals (or whatever they call that) I've got another Staples one but only 5% back this time (up to $3, through 6/18) but I also have Kohl's for 10% back up to $9 cash back, good through 6/7. I thought there were posts of Kohl's selling gift cards so that might have possibilities.

Also, outside of Disney, one for Atom tickets which I recall talk of in some thread.
"Earn 10% cash back on your Atom Tickets movie & concession purchase, with a $3.00 cash back maximum! Offer valid 1 time only. Offer expires 5/23/2018. Offer not valid on 3rd-party purchases or theater gift cards. Offer not valid if payment is initiated through a 3rd-party such as Amazon Pay or Facebook. Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date."

Since that one expires soon it must have been sitting on my card for a while since I don't check this one often for offers. :)

Checking out my BoA Amerideals (or whatever they call that) I've got another Staples one but only 5% back this time (up to $3, through 6/18) but I also have Kohl's for 10% back up to $9 cash back, good through 6/7. I thought there were posts of Kohl's selling gift cards so that might have possibilities.

Also, outside of Disney, one for Atom tickets which I recall talk of in some thread.
"Earn 10% cash back on your Atom Tickets movie & concession purchase, with a $3.00 cash back maximum! Offer valid 1 time only. Offer expires 5/23/2018. Offer not valid on 3rd-party purchases or theater gift cards. Offer not valid if payment is initiated through a 3rd-party such as Amazon Pay or Facebook. Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date."

Since that one expires soon it must have been sitting on my card for a while since I don't check this one often for offers. :)

Thanks for the heads up. I need to remember to check those more often. I have the Staples offer but mine is for 10% off up to $6. Didn't get the Kohl's offer. Kohl's does sell gift cards but I don't recall if they sell Disney.

Does anyone know how many Disney gift cards I can buy from Target online in one transaction or in a certain period of time? Just going for the 5% off w Target credit card. Thanks.

Is anyone have a problem deleting a gift card from the Disney gift card website. I cant add another, because i'm up to my limit of 5 and need to delete a couple, but it wont let me?
Thanks!

Is anyone have a problem deleting a gift card from the Disney gift card website. I cant add another, because i'm up to my limit of 5 and need to delete a couple, but it wont let me?
Thanks!
Yeah, same problem here since at least yesterday. Here is Disney's reply to my inquiry...
Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry. DisneyGiftCard.com has been experiencing technical difficulties. We appreciate your patience and understanding while the site is being worked on. Please try back at a later time. Thank you.

Does anyone know how many Disney gift cards I can buy from Target online in one transaction or in a certain period of time? Just going for the 5% off w Target credit card. Thanks.
You can no longer get the redcard %5 off when buying DGC online.

ETA: I was mistaken. You cannot buy a DGC w/ a Target gift card online.:oops:

Last edited:
You can no longer get the redcard %5 off when buying DGC online.

I know they were out of digital cards online for a while but they’re back now and this is the first I heard this, so I just popped open the target app, added a $100 GC to cart and on the checkout screen with my default payment method of Target CC it’s showing 5% off and $95 total. Are you saying they cancel it after the fact or something?

I know they were out of digital cards online for a while but they’re back now and this is the first I heard this, so I just popped open the target app, added a $100 GC to cart and on the checkout screen with my default payment method of Target CC it’s showing 5% off and $95 total. Are you saying they cancel it after the fact or something?
Perhaps they're confused with the old loophole that allowed you to get 5% off if you had a Red Card even if you were paying with a gift card? That loop was closed a long time ago. You certainly get your 5% off paying online with your RedCard (when the cards are in stock of course)

Perhaps they're confused with the old loophole that allowed you to get 5% off if you had a Red Card even if you were paying with a gift card? That loop was closed a long time ago. You certainly get your 5% off paying online with your RedCard (when the cards are in stock of course)

I should think so, Target even advertises that you get 5% off specialty gift cards when using your RedCard.

The Disney gift card site is updating, according to their Guest Services department. It's supposed to be back up and fully functional on Monday.

However, a poster on another thread offered great help. You do not need to delete a card if all you want to do is add the value of a card to an existing card in your account. Just follow the link to add the new card number and security number, then just select to transfer that value - it's very easy!

https://www.disneygiftcard.com/Manage/Transfer

Yes, that's the deal now, sadly. It does not work at target online using a target gc anymore. That ended ini think, 2015. Ugh. If it happens to get thru with using the target gc online, it will cancel before too long, they do not fill those at all anymore. But if you wanted to pay with your target red card you would still get the 5% discount.

I apologize...I could have sworn that was the case but I guess I had read a post on here wrong. It must have been you could not buy the DGC with a Target Gift card online. I remember trying to do that last year and the order was canceled. Glad it worked for you! I'll edit my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter