• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone use the Dosh app and buy gas at Sam’s?? DH bought $48 worth of gas and I got the $0.10 credit to my Dosh account for the $1 pre-authorization that they do at the pump. Now, my activity in my app shows that I received $0.10 for spending $48.00 at Sam’s Club. Am I supposed to get the full 10%? If so, how do I contact them? I just downloaded the app because we shop at Sam’s at least once a week and DH gets most of his gas there too. I figured I might as well start earning 10% back while I can.
I'm betting your DOSH credit will come through as soon as the charge goes through. I know when I get gas it often shows a $1 debit.

I went ahead and did the Sams membership online earlier today but it shows my total price is $0 and that is what is pending on my CC. Does this amount change when I get my physical card in store or did something go wrong? Also, nothing showing on the Dosh end, does this usually take a few days like the SB BB deal?

I'm betting your DOSH credit will come through as soon as the charge goes through. I know when I get gas it often shows a $1 debit.
The charge did go through. My Dosh account says “$0.10 cash back added for $48.00 purchase at Sam’s Club”. I thought it should have been 10% but it looks like they only credited me for the pre-authorization and not the entire purchase.

So I just went to check this before making a trip to Best Buy and found this:

Special Terms
**Earn up to 1,500 Bonus SB. Spend $50 - $99.99 and earn 250 Bonus SB. Spend $100 - $499.99 and earn 750 Bonus SB. Spend $500 or more, and earn 1,500 Bonus SB. Bonus SB will only be awarded on qualifying purchases that are also eligible for the standard SB per dollar reward. Bonus SB can only be earned once per day. Bonus SB will only be awarded for an in-store purchase with your personal QR code or a purchase of items featured in the Weekly Ad (in-store or online). Offers cannot be stacked.

Soooo now buying a $50 only gets me 5% back (250 SB), and a $100 gets 7.5% back (750 SB). The $500 bonus of 1500 SB is a measly 3%. Is anyone else seeing this?

I'm not doing another transaction until I'm sure what's happening. Bummer.

The language must have changed sometime on Friday, since I printed out a QR code on Friday morning and it still had the language about earning 500 bonus swagbucks for $50. As my original post on Thursday night said, they had language saying earn up to 1500 SB, but the terms on the side still had the old language of 500 bonus points for $50. I will have to wait and see how much my purchases from Friday actually earn in bonus SB.

Anyways, going forward, clearly the 750 bonus SB for $100 spend is the best way to go. It obviously makes no sense to go for 1500 bonus SB at $500, you would earn a lot more doing 5 separate $100 purchases (although you would have to go on 5 separate days)

The language must have changed sometime on Friday, since I printed out a QR code on Friday morning and it still had the language about earning 500 bonus swagbucks for $50. As my original post on Thursday night said, they had language saying earn up to 1500 SB, but the terms on the side still had the old language of 500 bonus points for $50. I will have to wait and see how much my purchases from Friday actually earn in bonus SB.

Anyways, going forward, clearly the 750 bonus SB for $100 spend is the best way to go. It obviously makes no sense to go for 1500 bonus SB at $500, you would earn a lot more doing 5 separate $100 purchases (although you would have to go on 5 separate days)

That’s what I was thinking, go for the $100. I’ll be interested to see how yours credits.

I did a purchase Fri too and also checked the small print before going in. I sure hope we get the 500!

If anyone is near a Save-A-Lot, I saw that both Dosh and Ibotta give cash back, 5% each. Dosh is obviously instant and Ibotta is a total purchase reciept scan.

Also, Dosh doesn't register when you use Samsung Pay. Anyone know if there's a way to link your "Samsung" credit card number? I only ever see the last four on the app, if needed.

Anyone know if/when Target will do the Redcard signup promotion again?

The only ones who would know that are people who work in Target corporate, and I don't think they are going to risk their 6 digit salary by leaking the information to blogs online.

The only way anyone will know is when they release an offer to the public, just like last time.

Are the Disney gift cards on Samsclub.com e-gift cards or do they ship? I’m on the fence about a membership (would most likely come out ahead with the discounts). We leave in two weeks and I want to make sure our gift cards are here in time if the discounted gift cards do ship!

Are the Disney gift cards on Samsclub.com e-gift cards or do they ship? I’m on the fence about a membership (would most likely come out ahead with the discounts). We leave in two weeks and I want to make sure our gift cards are here in time if the discounted gift cards do ship!
They ship. I purchased mine on a friday and I think I had them in my mailbox by the following wednesday..

I usually get mine within 48 hours via ups.

They have both but the best discount is on the $150 (3 $50 pack) that is SHIPPED.

The only ones who would know that are people who work in Target corporate, and I don't think they are going to risk their 6 digit salary by leaking the information to blogs online.

The only way anyone will know is when they release an offer to the public, just like last time.

I realize all that, but a lot of times there are patterns for those type of things and I just thought someone might have noticed what that pattern was and around when it was about time for that promotion again.

I'm sorry, but this thread is just too long to find my answer.
Can you no longer buy Disney gift cards with Target gift cards?
I tried to one day recently, and she declined it, saying you cannot use a Target gift card to buy another gift card.
I said but Target has always viewed Disney cards as entertainment cards.
She was nice, but no go.
I have read many varying reports on here.
So is that the final word now---no longer an "entertainment card", but a "gift card"?
Or should I try again, another cashier or another store?

I'm sorry, but this thread is just too long to find my answer.
Can you no longer buy Disney gift cards with Target gift cards?

I found this out the hard way as well, and came to this board to confirm as well. :)
Target is a no-go on Target GC to Disney GC transactions. I've even had trouble using, say $30 in gift cards and the red card on $60 worth of groceries and a $25 Disney gift card.

If I ever buy Disney gift cards again at Target, I won't even bother using a gift card on the same purchase if I'm getting other things. It was just a really obnoxious confusion at the store.

I found this out the hard way as well, and came to this board to confirm as well. :)
Target is a no-go on Target GC to Disney GC transactions. I've even had trouble using, say $30 in gift cards and the red card on $60 worth of groceries and a $25 Disney gift card.

If I ever buy Disney gift cards again at Target, I won't even bother using a gift card on the same purchase if I'm getting other things. It was just a really obnoxious confusion at the store.
Thank you for the quick reply.
Nice to know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter