Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in September I bought a $100 Vanilla Mastercard gift cards at Sam's when the DOSH credit was 10% and also got the Uber credit. I used that to buy a Disney card at Best Buy for the Swagbucks promo and the Best Buy rewards points. Before using them, you may want to call the number on the GC to ensure it is fully activated. I had some issues with Vanilla MCs I bought from Staples in August. I had to call on each one to make sure it was activated properly, as the first one I tried at Best Buy was declined. Besides that minor kink, it was a great deal and I averaged a 23% savings. Good luck!
Your better off buying Visa gift cards. They're easier to use than MC.

I have $125 in paypal from sb and Iboota. whats the best pace to turn in to Disney gift cards besides Best buy.. I do not have Sams or BJ membership.
You can buy an online only membership at BJ's for $10. I did it today.

You can buy on BJ's right now until November 4th without a membership.

Thanks to a slickdeals forum thread, there is way to get a log in without paying for a membership.
You go on and click join now, then fill out you email, mailing address and make your password.
Once you click submit, it takes you to pay for the membership.
Just back out at that point and you have a log in for the website, in order to buy the discounted gift cards.
Were you able to buy Disney gcs doing this? Customer service walked me through setting up a free online acct for the promo they are doing, but Disney cards didn’t show up with pricing. They say members only pricing or something similar.

Should I ask for cash or Disney gift cards at my party? I remember asking for cash as a kid and that turned a lot of people off and I haven’t gotten anything since lol. However, this time I was asked for what I want. Plus it’s a celebration of me recovering from my health issues.

Of course I would like to stretch the cash as much as possible for Disney cards since I’m considering a solo Land+Sea package that’ll cost me $3000. I don’t want to offend anyone asking for money again or make it inconvenient asking for Disney gift cards.

Were you able to buy Disney gcs doing this? Customer service walked me through setting up a free online acct for the promo they are doing, but Disney cards didn’t show up with pricing. They say members only pricing or something similar.
I can add them to my cart with out paying the $10 and see pricing but they all say 'can't fulfill order due to insufficient inventory

I agree. The Happy Card is basically a visa/mc card. At my BBB, the swipe machine is on the customer end. I just bought two at a time and did one swipe. I never had a problem.

I tried buying a $50 Disney GC at BBB using 2 $25 Happy Lady GC. I too had the swipe machine on customer end and even selected credit. It did not work. I did not try buying a $25 GC though.

Yep! I placed 3 separate orders. I just searched for disney gift card, clicked on the one I wanted, it had a sign in button instead of add to cart button. I clicked on that and signed in. It then redirected me back to the gift card page with the add to cart button showing and the discounted price.

I tried buying a $50 Disney GC at BBB using 2 $25 Happy Lady GC. I too had the swipe machine on customer end and even selected credit. It did not work. I did not try buying a $25 GC though.
The register would need the exact amount. You would need to do a split payment. The cashier would have to enter $25 then swipe your $25 card. I purchased 2 $25 gc’s with a $50 happy card. I just did one swipe and it worked fine.

Yep! I placed 3 separate orders. I just searched for disney gift card, clicked on the one I wanted, it had a sign in button instead of add to cart button. I clicked on that and signed in. It then redirected me back to the gift card page with the add to cart button showing and the discounted price.
Do you or anyone else know how long cards are taking to arrive. I am in CA.

Should I ask for cash or Disney gift cards at my party? I remember asking for cash as a kid and that turned a lot of people off and I haven’t gotten anything since lol. However, this time I was asked for what I want. Plus it’s a celebration of me recovering from my health issues.

Of course I would like to stretch the cash as much as possible for Disney cards since I’m considering a solo Land+Sea package that’ll cost me $3000. I don’t want to offend anyone asking for money again or make it inconvenient asking for Disney gift cards.
I think people are a lot more accepting of cash gift requests than they were in the past. Many couples actually add honeymoon funds to their wedding registries. So, it would not be out of the ordinary to ask for cash gifts to your vacation fund. I'd rather give a gift that the recipient wants instead of some useless item that they either return or re-gift.

It says ring up like credit.
He tried showing her that and she said she doesn’t care what it says...she says no!
I would escalate this to management or even corporate.
She, apparently, was the management on duty. But I did call corporate and they apologized and took down the information, presumably, so they could reprimand her.

She's basically implying that the happy cards were purchased with stolen credit cards and now you are using them to buy other cards that will be clean because you can't trace them back to the stolen credit cards. That's never something that a store employee should accuse a customer of and I'd call and ask to speak with the manager about it. That cashier at the very least needs to be retrained.
I was trying to figure out what exactly is money laundering last night :rotfl2: I couldn’t understand why you wouldn’t just use cash to buy the gift cards. I wasn’t even thinking stolen credit cards. I would be very bad at this :rotfl:

My have times changed...The Happy Card is the equivalent of a Visa prepaid card for payment processing. If they would accept a Visa card for the transaction, there's no difference in accepting the Happy card. They may have a store policy to not accept their store gift card for a 3rd party gift card, but if they would accept a Visa prepaid card for it (which they should if they accept Visa cards) then they should accept the Happy card.
It is sad how times have changed. Many times when I use my credit card or a gift card or even cash for that matter, I feel like I am committing a crime. I stopped eating at Rainforest Cafe for this very reason. Every single time we used a gift card there, management came out and wanted to see the gift card and my driver’s license and put me through a series of questions??? Not the way I want to end my meal. Other tables would be staring at us like we did something wrong. Never again!
FWIW...BBB corporate said that if it was a Visa gift card then they should have accepted it.

I agree. The Happy Card is basically a visa/mc card. At my BBB, the swipe machine is on the customer end. I just bought two at a time and did one swipe. I never had a problem.
The swipe was at the counter. The cashier had no problem with it. This manager couldn’t even see the cards he was swiping, she had to ask DH what he was using. He said Visa card and she asked to see it. This woman came running in on her own to stop the transaction for no apparent reason. Just didn’t like the looks of DH, I guess???

So sorry for your DH! Mine would be so mortified and never do any such errands for me again!!
DH needs explicit instructions anytime I ask him to do an errand. He was mortified! It will be a very long time before he ever runs an errand for me again :sad2:

I was accused of money laundering by a BBB employee last year when I tried to use a BBB gift card that I got cashing in some of my Discover card points to buy a $25 Disney gift card. I came home and submitted the customer feedback form on their website expressing my embarrassment at being called a money launderer in front of multiple other customers and asking for a confirmation of BBB’s GC to GC policy. Within a couple of days I received an email response from the district manager inviting me to call him on his cell. When I called he apologized profusely and confirmed that they do allow GC to GC transactions. If I was willing to give them a second chance he offered to call the store manager right then to let them know I was heading up to complete my purchase. When I arrived at the store I headed up to the register with my gift card. The cashier hesitated and asked the cashier next to her if this was allowed. The second cashier emphatically shook her head and said no at the exact moment the store manager came up and firmly said yes it is allowed. It was an extremely satisfying experience.
I am glad that you were able to get your store corrected. I have not heard from anyone whether or not I can go back to complete my purchase or not. But DH said the woman was very angry and I don’t want to escalate the issue :scared: I just don’t think that I will ever be going back to BBB

FYI...the Disney GC's at my BJ's store are regular price. Not sure if anyone had tried to purchase in store vs. online, but I went in last night and none of them were ringing up the same as the online sale price.

I just don’t think that I will ever be going back to BBB

And hopefully you told that to corporate when you spoke with the rep. They know that one report of 'bad press' behavior is really just a small percentage of what could be out there alienating more customers. Just look at how many people you've "told" so far that all have a bad taste based on just one employees performance :) Not sure you'll always get an immediate effect like @Eighty8Keys did but hopefully it helps down the road.

If cashiers have any doubts, the full CC number with expiration date and CVV code is printed on the back. That's all the same information you'd use to buy stuff online on their store and it's accepted. If they are concerned they can input it manually to see what happens (although I know that's frowned on due to fraud issues but the option is still usually there on the terminal). Again sorry it just went so horribly first time out. Like usual all the bad guys are ruining it for the rest of us, but that's still no excuse for her behavior. (really, if you think about it, how many hard core money laundering schemes hinge on a single $50 Disney GC?? this was not the hill to run out and make a stand on :sad2:)

really, if you think about it, how many hard core money laundering schemes hinge on a single $50 Disney GC?? this was not the hill to run out and make a stand on :sad2:
This just tickled my funny bone:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Thanks for the good laugh, I needed that! I really wish more people would think about what it is they are making a stand against before they leave their foxhole! :thumbsup2

This just tickled my funny bone:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Thanks for the good laugh, I needed that! I really wish more people would think about what it is they are making a stand against before they leave their foxhole! :thumbsup2
No problem, glad I could help out one of my favorite characters. TTFN! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know what the Dosh daily limit for 5% cash back at Sam's Club is? I do not have a Sam's locally so that may be why but I cant find anything in the app stating a limit. Is it exactly 24 hours for Dosh limits or calendar day? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter