Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! That's going to be a great deal!!!
I know! I’m kind of miffed I just ordered $900 of the BJs cards. I’m missing out on that extra 10%. I just ordered them Friday and it is still processing. Anyone ever successfully cancel a BJs order? It says on their site you can call to cancel but it makes me nervous to mess with it. But it would mean approx an extra $90 savings...

I know! I’m kind of miffed I just ordered $900 of the BJs cards. I’m missing out on that extra 10%. I just ordered them Friday and it is still processing. Anyone ever successfully cancel a BJs order? It says on their site you can call to cancel but it makes me nervous to mess with it. But it would mean approx an extra $90 savings...

Are they open on the weekend? If so, you should call immediately to try to cancel.

I initially placed a large order, not realizing that my 5% Chase card caps at $1500. So I called (within a few hrs of placing the order), and the customer service rep essentially cancelled my original order and placed a new one for $1500.

The gal on the phone says it's a fairly new thing. She said it goes through like everything is ok but when they go to verify with the bank (apparently due to so much credit fraud lately they have to do some sort of bank verification now) they cannot get the third party to verify. I'm not sure what else to do. I wonder if it was because I was wanting the $25 Disney eGiftcard and not a physical gift card?
It sounds like the same mess I went through when I used my Virtual Visa at Best Buy. They processed the order and sent me the gift card, but it was unactivated. When I called and told them that it was unactivated, they told me that it had been purchased with a "gift card" and couldn't be activated. I asked why they processed the order and sent it to me then...no answer. Then, I went round and round, first explaining that it was a Visa gift card and was processed as a Visa card. Then they said it was flagged as "possible fraud". I went to the store (several times) with printouts of the card, my ID and all sorts of "proof" that it was a legitimate purchase. I made 5 different phone calls to their "help" desk. Finally, after SIX WEEKS, I got my $25 Disney gift card. The statement that finally did it was when I said, "Listen, YOU have MY $25 and I have the PROOF that a purchase was made and the item was not delivered as promised. You need to provide me with the product that I purchased or you need to give me MY money back". That's what is happening with @ksromack right now...Disney HAS your $25 since they took it off your Visa gift card. They either need to provide you with the product you purchased or give you your money back. Otherwise, you can also file a dispute with the Virtual Visa.

The gal on the phone says it's a fairly new thing. She said it goes through like everything is ok but when they go to verify with the bank (apparently due to so much credit fraud lately they have to do some sort of bank verification now) they cannot get the third party to verify. I'm not sure what else to do. I wonder if it was because I was wanting the $25 Disney eGiftcard and not a physical gift card?

I used a virtual visa to buy a $25 egift card on Disney's website on both Friday and Saturday and it worked just fine. Your story makes me a little hesitant to cash out for one again though.

I used a virtual visa to buy a $25 egift card on Disney's website on both Friday and Saturday and it worked just fine. Your story makes me a little hesitant to cash out for one again though.
Well that gets my goat! Maybe I should try again. I even asked the gal on the phone if they made sure to run it as a "phone" order too.

Dud you receive your egift card already?

Some Kroger stores currently have 4x fuel rewards. Here's an example of my savings:

Purchase $50 GC and pay with my Chase card. This gets me 200 points, good for 20 cents off gas at Kroger or Shell stations. If we fill up both cars at a time, say 25 gallons, that saves $5. Until the end of June, the Chase reward is 5x for grocery stores, so that's another $2.50. $7.50 for every $50? Hopefully, my math skills are working right today.
This is what we do! We’ve saved so much money on gas over the past year!

My ACME (Albertson's family of stores) changed their rewards programs that I am hoping will get me some deals on GC. They are offering $ off any purchase now instead of just off gas (which there aren't any near me).

They have $15 off 2x$100 Visa or MC gift cards and $10 off 2x$50 ones. I have to go check out their activation fees to see if it is worth it. This would also earn me 400 points which is worth another $5 off a later purchase.

Right now they also have a 10x rewards on select gift cards (which aren't any good to me) which would be about 14% off (before any credit card rewards). I'm hoping these gift cards will keep changing to something I can use.

My ACME (Albertson's family of stores) changed their rewards programs that I am hoping will get me some deals on GC. They are offering $ off any purchase now instead of just off gas (which there aren't any near me).

They have $15 off 2x$100 Visa or MC gift cards and $10 off 2x$50 ones. I have to go check out their activation fees to see if it is worth it. This would also earn me 400 points which is worth another $5 off a later purchase.

Right now they also have a 10x rewards on select gift cards (which aren't any good to me) which would be about 14% off (before any credit card rewards). I'm hoping these gift cards will keep changing to something I can use.
fee on $50 is $4.95, fee on $100 if $5.95 :) So you pay just under face value.

The coupons are a good deal, they will negate the activation fees and actually give you a small discount. Fees for the $50 cards are 4.95 and the $100 cards are 5.95. So buying two of the 50s gives you a discount of 10 cents, but 2 of the 100s gives a discount of $3.10; if you buy both you come out $3.20 ahead.

Unfortunately you should not be earning any fuel points on the transaction. I have not on any VGC/MCGC purchase this year at Acme and I've used those coupons a few times. They seemed to have fixed the system where before on some VGC/MCGC/AmEx would earn points when it's actually against the terms of the program. So don't count on the points when making your decision.

Also make sure when checking out the $ off purchase rewards that it makes sense vs fuel or even grocery rewards. I was calculating out that for small rewards it was a better value to take a product over the $1 off since I know retail value of the product was more than $1. If you can't use the fuel rewards than some of the higher redemptions, like 7 rewards for $10 off makes more sense than a product. I like the new flexibility BUT it means I have to math more :( ( :) )

ETA: Also with the change over it looks like we can use more fuel stations. Before it was Sunoco only for me but the new terms add in the Safeway/Albertson brand stores with stations. Maybe that makes it easier to use it for fuel now?

Anybody else seeing the $20 cashback offer at RMN when you spend $50 online? It says make my monday. Anybody have any luck getting home depot gift cards online and getting cashback with RMN even though it says excluded? Thanks.

Anybody else seeing the $20 cashback offer at RMN when you spend $50 online? It says make my monday. Anybody have any luck getting home depot gift cards online and getting cashback with RMN even though it says excluded? Thanks.
I'd be surprised if it worked. It looks like Home Depot online gift cards actually come from Cashstar.com so I doubt it'll report as a purchase from Home Depot.

I'm just now getting back into the swing of things and have a few questions:

Discover Deals program ended on Oct 31, 2018?! I guess it's not really a question but I'm shocked!

Is Meijer 10% saving on GC's starting on Nov. 8th? I thought that's what I read but never saw a link or posted advertisement.

EDIT to add: I also read on Nov. 23, Target will have a promotion - Spend $50 get 20% off coupon. This coupon is an amazing deal for anyone who shops a lot there. The Target 20% off coupon must be used between Nov 27-Dec 8 2018. I put that on my calendar.

Speculation as to anyone offering another good discount on Disney GCs during the upcoming holiday sales?

I haven’t paid any attention in past years, but I need approximately $2K in discounted GCs to complete our trip in January. TY!

I'm just now getting back into the swing of things and have a few questions:

Discover Deals program ended on Oct 31, 2018?! I guess it's not really a question but I'm shocked!

Is Meijer 10% saving on GC's starting on Nov. 8th? I thought that's what I read but never saw a link or posted advertisement.

EDIT to add: I also read on Nov. 23, Target will have a promotion - Spend $50 get 20% off coupon. This coupon is an amazing deal for anyone who shops a lot there. The Target 20% off coupon must be used between Nov 27-Dec 8 2018. I put that on my calendar.

The meijer deal is in their 3 day sale ad on the website. https://www.meijer.com/weeklyad/ at the bottom of the first ad page. It says it will be a digital coupon that needs to be clipped in your mperks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter