Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about using rewards from different people in one transaction, but thanks for posting about the certificates. I just checked mine and my promo code does not end in 5977 so I'm hoping for a big one.

It's actually 5877 not 5977 and includes the number after all the "lines"

So, when I looked at mine I thought it ended in 6587, but there is a 7 separated at the end. So, it's 587........7 and worth $5.00.

Best Buy Mystery Certificates went out to emails yesterday. Since these are rewards certs i assume they can be used on Disney GC. Does anyone know if I can use my certificate and my moms in 1 transaction? FYI per slick deals if you cert promo code ends in 5977 its $5

How did you find out it's monetary value, mine ends with 5877 - I'm thinking $10?

EDIT: It's $5, but it's also an additional $5 I didn't have when I received the notice! :goodvibes

Did you check the number on the right or left? I thought mine didn't but then I saw the number on the left?

I was looking the bar code on the left. It’s 6587. I just went back and checked all the bar codes and don’t see a 5977 anywhere. It’s probably a $10 code but I’ll still take it. I wouldn’t turn down a $5 code.

So, when I looked at mine I thought it ended in 6587, but there is a 7 separated at the end. So, it's 587........7 and worth $5.00.

I looked again and mine is a $5 code. I completely missed that little “7” at the very end. Bummer.

Has anyone done the Meijer deal today? I'm on my way.

I intended on going first thing this morning on my way to work, but was running late. Dang. I hope I can get all that I need without a whole lot of running around. I need $3,000. I'm using my own MPerks account, my daughters, and a friends. LOL

Could people post data points where there are Walmarts that actually participate in this Dosh deal? I'm wondering both if there's anything in a drive-able distance as well as wondering what overall percentage of stores are participating.

FYI, there are plenty of CVS in metro NYC area that are participating in the 2% Dosh offer.
I am just south of Nashville and Walmart isn't showing up for me.

I intended on going first thing this morning on my way to work, but was running late. Dang. I hope I can get all that I need without a whole lot of running around. I need $3,000. I'm using my own MPerks account, my daughters, and a friends. LOL

I never thought to open an account in my son's name! He has a computer too so nothing would be the same. My goal is $2,000.

Has anyone done the Meijer deal today? I'm on my way.
Went this morning to Meijer and successfully got $2K with mine and my husbands mPerks accounts. It was easy, because they had a ton of variable load $5-500 cards so I just needed four. Had the coupon clipped in our accounts, did 2 separate transactions for $1000 each. No problem!

RE: Meijer and Chase Visa

OK.. So, I just left work and ran to Meijer. Chase declined my Disney Visa card (2X) so then I pulled out another Visa (Chase Southwest) and it declined that as well.

I don't know if it's because I was at a Meijer in a town I don't usually shop at and a large amount or what. I should have known because this happened to me at a Walgreens about an hour from my house once with a large purchase.

Anyway, I was in self-check and the employee was like "sorry, you'll have to cancel your transaction and call your card issuer." No way. I was afraid I'd somehow lose the coupon.

I pulled out my phone and low and behold I had fraud alert emails. I had to simultaneously keep my cash register transaction active and click thru 3 emails to let Chase know I recognized the charges (and get lots of angry stares in the process).

I wasn't bold enough to try a 2nd transaction, but I got my 2-$500 cards for $900 and earned 2% on my Disney Visa (I assume - Meijer comes up as groceries and earns 2% typically).

Done for a few hours. I'm going to the location by my house for the rest.

ETA: I have a credit limit of over 30K and pay my bill in full every month, so it's not like I was maxing out my card or anything. Just thought I'd give a warning in case it happens to anyone else. It's pretty frustrating actually!

Last edited:
RE: Meijer and Chase Visa

OK.. So, I just left work and ran to Meijer. Chase declined my Disney Visa card (2X) so then I pulled out another Visa (Chase Southwest) and it declined that as well.

I don't know if it's because I was at a Meijer in a town I don't usually shop at and a large amount or what. I should have known because this happened to me at a Walgreens about an hour from my house once with a large purchase.

Anyway, I was in self-check and the employee was like "sorry, you'll have to cancel your transaction and call your card issuer." No way. I was afraid I'd somehow lose the coupon.

I pulled out my phone and low and behold I had fraud alert emails. I had to simultaneously keep my cash register transaction active and click thru 3 emails to let Chase know I recognized the charges (and get lots of angry stares in the process).

I wasn't bold enough to try a 2nd transaction, but I got my 2-$500 cards for $900 and earned 2% on my Disney Visa (I assume - Meijer comes up as groceries and earns 2% typically).

Done for a few hours. I'm going to the location by my house for the rest.

ETA: I have a credit limit of over 30K and pay my bill in full every month, so it's not like I was maxing out my card or anything. Just thought I'd give a warning in case it happens to anyone else. It's pretty frustrating actually!

It's been a few years, but I've had Chase trigger fraud alerts for very small purchases before. (If memory serves, it was about a $5 purchase.) When I spoke to the Chase customer service rep, she informed me that certain locations can trigger fraud alerts, particularly if that location has a history of people using stolen credit cards there. In this case is was at a gas station near a highway exit, which I suspect was frequented by thieves trying to determine if the CC they had just stolen was still working.

I purchased 2, $500 Disney GC's without issue at Meijer. After the transaction went through I did receive a text from bank card.

I also stopped at BB to purchase $50 Disney GC via Swagbucks. I didn't have time to read several pages so wasn't sure what's been going on but I purchased a $100 MC via Kroger 4x fuel points several months ago and used it to purchase the $50 GC. As I was in line I had time to briefly read the SB's terms. It looks like I could have easily purchased a $100 Disney GC and would have been given all the points instead of making two trips. Am I wrong?

I purchased 2, $500 Disney GC's without issue at Meijer. After the transaction went through I did receive a text from bank card.

I also stopped at BB to purchase $50 Disney GC via Swagbucks. I didn't have time to read several pages so wasn't sure what's been going on but I purchased a $100 MC via Kroger 4x fuel points several months ago and used it to purchase the $50 GC. As I was in line I had time to briefly read the SB's terms. It looks like I could have easily purchased a $100 Disney GC and would have been given all the points instead of making two trips. Am I wrong?

$100 @ BB is the better deal right now. You get 750 sb bonus on the $100. Plus the 200 sb shop credit later on. Used to be $50 was better. But that changed maybe...2 months or so ago? Something like that.

yes sorry that was a typo on my part

$100 @ BB is the better deal right now. You get 750 sb bonus on the $100. Plus the 200 sb shop credit later on. Used to be $50 was better. But that changed maybe...2 months or so ago? Something like that.

Darn! I should have asked first then made my purchase. I'll hold onto the MC as it still has $50 on it. Thanks buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter