Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t have it loaded into the app, but it was just a Happy Lady, which is in the circular this week. I realize the other cards like Happy Guy require loading, but there are two Happy Cards that are just in the flier without loading.

The situation was annoying enough when I had the flier right there to reference. I can only imagine the headache of trying to argue terms and conditions of a digital coupon.

Did you buy both Happy Lady and Happy Guy in one transaction for $20 off your groceries?
Yes and I loaded both onto the app and got the $20’credit. I’m wondering if it’s an issue with it not being loaded at the register? I didn’t blame you for being annoyed. I hate stop and shop but they have some good deals from time to time.

I remember when I first posted about it someone who wasn’t a card holder called and they told them it was only for card holders. So maybe not. Did you get an email to call?

I did not. Must have just got lucky. I saw it on PTN and called a few days after it had been posted. I did follow up after I got my package in the mail and asked about the gift card, so it took almost 10 days to get it. But I don't think they would have let me go through with the pitch if I wasn't eligible.

Yes and I loaded both onto the app and got the $20’credit. I’m wondering if it’s an issue with it not being loaded at the register? I didn’t blame you for being annoyed. I hate stop and shop but they have some good deals from time to time.

UPDATE: The issue was, in fact, it not being loaded on the app. It's confusing because the page in the circular says "load these coupons" at the top of the page, then there are a bunch of products shown on a white background with a yellow box under each that says "with digital coupon" and the price. The bottom of the page has a maroon background with Happy Dining and Happy Lady pictured, the terms of the deal, and no mention of digital coupons, and it looks like a completely different section.

I found this out because the store manager called me to apologize, and tell me she spoke to everyone involved. After it happened, I emailed an account of the situation through the S&S website, not thinking I'd get a response any time soon. I have to say, I'm really happy at how quickly it was investigated, and it went a long way to restoring how I feel about the store. The manager told the CS rep that next time she should take care of the customer first and investigate second. There were lots of people there (including the manager) she could have called when she wasn't familiar with an issue, and that I wasn't upset about the deal (I got the $10) but with how it was handled. Apparently, shortly after I left, another customer had basically the same problem, so now the appropriate people have been educated. So, maybe I'll load some of these onto the app, and try again.

UPDATE: The issue was, in fact, it not being loaded on the app. It's confusing because the page in the circular says "load these coupons" at the top of the page, then there are a bunch of products shown on a white background with a yellow box under each that says "with digital coupon" and the price. The bottom of the page has a maroon background with Happy Dining and Happy Lady pictured, the terms of the deal, and no mention of digital coupons, and it looks like a completely different section.

I found this out because the store manager called me to apologize, and tell me she spoke to everyone involved. After it happened, I emailed an account of the situation through the S&S website, not thinking I'd get a response any time soon. I have to say, I'm really happy at how quickly it was investigated, and it went a long way to restoring how I feel about the store. The manager told the CS rep that next time she should take care of the customer first and investigate second. There were lots of people there (including the manager) she could have called when she wasn't familiar with an issue, and that I wasn't upset about the deal (I got the $10) but with how it was handled. Apparently, shortly after I left, another customer had basically the same problem, so now the appropriate people have been educated. So, maybe I'll load some of these onto the app, and try again.

I am glad that it worked out at the end. I agree with you 100% that the ad was poorly done - if you look at page 4 of the ad, every single other item on the page says in the yellow box that you get the discount "WITH DIGITAL COUPON." It does not say "WITH DIGITAL COUPON" by the happy lady or happy dining cards.

However, Stop and Shop is notorious for poorly done ads. The $20 off $100 on gift cards last month said it was good until 11/31 in the ad, when there aren't 31 days in November. And then the coupon that printed out said it was only good until 11/29. They had a similar promotion a few months ago where if you bought a gift card, you were supposed to get $10 off your next shopping order and then the coupon that printed said it was $10 off $20 (not what was advertised).

I am glad that it worked out at the end. I agree with you 100% that the ad was poorly done - if you look at page 4 of the ad, every single other item on the page says in the yellow box that you get the discount "WITH DIGITAL COUPON." It does not say "WITH DIGITAL COUPON" by the happy lady or happy dining cards.

However, Stop and Shop is notorious for poorly done ads. The $20 off $100 on gift cards last month said it was good until 11/31 in the ad, when there aren't 31 days in November. And then the coupon that printed out said it was only good until 11/29. They had a similar promotion a few months ago where if you bought a gift card, you were supposed to get $10 off your next shopping order and then the coupon that printed said it was $10 off $20 (not what was advertised).

Wow - $10 off $100 is a decent deal, but changing it after the fact to be, essentially, $10 off $120 is kinda crappy.

Glad it worked out for you. For what it’s worth I’ve done a bunch of gc deals at stop and shop loaded onto the app with no issues. That being said s+s customer service in general blows so I feel your pain.

Ugh, I'm so irritated with myself. I bought $715 Disney gift cards from Sam's and then remembered that my MIL has a BJ's account and a bunch of them are still at the 8% off price. Bought another $500 from BJ's and now I think I'm tapped out for my Chase warehouse category for this quarter. (I had bought $285 from Sam's last month for my Nov trip).

The good news is, BJs still has 3 packs of the $50 gift cards for $137.99 and single $50 for $45.99. $25 gift cards show as all sold out and the $100 gift cards are at the regular BJs price of $95.99.

Ugh, I'm so irritated with myself. I bought $715 Disney gift cards from Sam's and then remembered that my MIL has a BJ's account and a bunch of them are still at the 8% off price. Bought another $500 from BJ's and now I think I'm tapped out for my Chase warehouse category for this quarter. (I had bought $285 from Sam's last month for my Nov trip).

The good news is, BJs still has 3 packs of the $50 gift cards for $137.99 and single $50 for $45.99. $25 gift cards show as all sold out and the $100 gift cards are at the regular BJs price of $95.99.
I’m peeved about jumping on the BJs deal for $2000 for my DVC dues and then the Happy deals game around. It’s simply the nature of the beast that there is always a better deal when you sink a bunch of money into one and no better deal when you skip the current deal. I try not to beat my self up on it.

I’m peeved about jumping on the BJs deal for $2000 for my DVC dues and then the Happy deals game around. It’s simply the nature of the beast that there is always a better deal when you sink a bunch of money into one and no better deal when you skip the current deal. I try not to beat my self up on it.

Thanks, I got over it after I got to vent a little. It didn't represent too much of a difference, $25 overall. I'm going to need to buy more on a different card anyway (DVC Dues soon) so in the grand scheme of things, not a big deal. I just hate letting my own self down, haha! ;)

Thanks, I got over it after I got to vent a little. It didn't represent too much of a difference, $25 overall. I'm going to need to buy more on a different card anyway (DVC Dues soon) so in the grand scheme of things, not a big deal. I just hate letting my own self down, haha! ;)

Our trip is Nov 2019 and I have been following this thread since sep this year when the dosh deals at Sam's were hot. Since then i have decided that if there's a discount over 10% then i will buy a couple hundred worth. There seems to be at leastb1 good deal per month but they aren't always available to me. So far injave collected about 2000 in Sam's gift cards and i just bought about 450 from BJ's with my 5% discover. I did purchase $100 happy kid cards from Staples online but i have no idea if i will be able to convert those to Disney so i didnt want to buy more. I also did some of those great RMN deals in September.

That being said...10% discount=buy a little
15% discount = buy a little more
20% = buy a lot (but these tend to by YMMV offers which make me nervous to invest)

Everyone will have their own thresholds but that's what i am going with for now just to keep myself safe!:)

Happy Lady cards are on sale at Gift Card Mall for 20% off. At this discount I'm willing to take another chance at BB&B. So far I haven't been denied converting to Disney GCs, but 2 of the transactions weren't very pleasant!

As always, don't buy more than you can afford to be stuck with :rolleyes1 as YMMV at your local store.

Glad it worked out for you. For what it’s worth I’ve done a bunch of gc deals at stop and shop loaded onto the app with no issues. That being said s+s customer service in general blows so I feel your pain.

Loaded the app this morning and got a Happy Lady and a Happy Guy. I was sort of hoping some other useful ones might be included like the Happy Kid or Happy Bride, but I'm just "happy" these two went through without a hitch.

Happy Lady cards are on sale at Gift Card Mall for 20% off. At this discount I'm willing to take another chance at BB&B. So far I haven't been denied converting to Disney GCs, but 2 of the transactions weren't very pleasant!
As always, don't buy more than you can afford to be stuck with :rolleyes1 as YMMV at your local store.

Thanks for the tip. But, why, oh, why don't they discount the Happy Guy? Although, I've been successful so far in churning at BBB, I'm much more comfortable at Home Depot. Plus, we can always use stuff from Home Depot, if the churn doesn't work.

Thank you! If Staples doesn’t allow me to do 20 Happy Kids I’ll put my pride aside and order from them again. They were really rude.

Also Happy Bride is on sale as well.

Loaded the app this morning and got a Happy Lady and a Happy Guy. I was sort of hoping some other useful ones might be included like the Happy Kid or Happy Bride, but I'm just "happy" these two went through without a hitch.

Thanks for the tip. But, why, oh, why don't they discount the Happy Guy? Although, I've been successful so far in churning at BBB, I'm much more comfortable at Home Depot. Plus, we can always use stuff from Home Depot, if the churn doesn't work.
I think Happy Guy is the most popular one because of Home Depot and self checkout. I see a lot of people talking about it on groups I’m in.

I think Happy Guy is the most popular one because of Home Depot and self checkout. I see a lot of people talking about it on groups I’m in.

Well, I wish people would stop taking about it before Home Depot gets wind of it, and codes it into their registers to stop it!

Seriously, though, I would like some HG to churn at self-checkout, but it's also the only "safe" Happy card to me because I know for a fact we'll find occasion to buy stuff at HD. I don't typically shop at BBB, so finding ways to spend money for a failed churn would be kind of annoying.

I love the idea of a gift card that can be used at various businesses, but I wish they had more options you can find everywhere in their collections. Some of the options are really region-specific. There are no rainforest cafes or Jamba Juices anywhere in decent driving distance to me. I'd love one with a Starbucks option - wouldn't need to churn it; I'd just keep and use it.

Does it work online or only in-store?

Never churned before but damn I’d love to get %20 off some Disney giftcards

Does it work online or only in-store?

Never churned before but damn I’d love to get %20 off some Disney giftcards

Which one? The Happy Cards can be purchased online or in person, depending on the source.

Turing them into Disney GCs requires you to go to a store that has Disney GCs in stock and will allow you to self checkout, while running the Happy Card as credit. Home Depot is the hands down favorite, but Happy Guy cards are on sale less frequently.

You CAN do the transaction at Bed Bath and Beyond with a Happy Lady card, but some people have reported not only a lack of success, but some extremely embarrassing and unpleasant scenes, including being accused of criminal activity.

Edited to add: accounts of BBB employees on power trips can be found on pages 1748-1749 of this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter