Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone noticed issues with BB Reward points crediting? My experience:
  • 10/23 - purchased $100 Disney GC, points posted 11/9
  • 11/9 - purchased $24 computer mouse, no points/none pending
  • 11/16 - purchased $125 Disney GC (using rewards certs so was $115 OOP), no points/none pending
  • 11/22 - purchased $4 pop socket, points are pending
Unless I'm missing something. I've paid this rewards program very little attention until a couple months ago...
I haven't seen any issues but I didn't purchase anything in November. In fact I made a purchase a couple hours and ago and it shows as pending in my account and my purchases over the last couple days of Disney gift cards are also showing as points pending. Fwiw on 10/20 I bought a $15 starbucks card online and used $10 in rewards and I got 6 in points for the $5 I spent (elite plus at this point, lol).

I do see an area online where you can request your missing points. (Personally 95% of spend on my account is straight up gift cards so I do not want eyes on my BB Rewards account.)

...However, Stop and Shop is notorious for poorly done ads. The $20 off $100 on gift cards last month said it was good until 11/31 in the ad, when there aren't 31 days in November. And then the coupon that printed out said it was only good until 11/29...
Oh. dear. lord. I thought Citi Bank and Disney competed for the worst IT out there with Barclays trying to catch up. Turns out the whole time S&S was lapping the field!

Can you buy a Disney gift card with a Disney gift card? I really want one of the ones with designs.

None of these were purchased with gift cards, correct?

I just hit elite plus and mine seem to track correctly.
Not OP but thanks for this :) I couldn't figure any kind of math that matched the points pending from our BF purchase but I think if I take out the little GCs I used up now it makes sense. I forgot that I finally got rid of some SB GCs I was holding from the GC > GC policy change.

I haven't seen any issues but I didn't purchase anything in November. In fact I made a purchase a couple hours and ago and it shows as pending in my account and my purchases over the last couple days of Disney gift cards are also showing as points pending. Fwiw on 10/20 I bought a $15 starbucks card online and used $10 in rewards and I got 6 in points for the $5 I spent (elite plus at this point, lol).

I do see an area online where you can request your missing points. (Personally 95% of spend on my account is straight up gift cards so I do not want eyes on my BB Rewards account.)
Mine too. I might request the mouse points since that is a bit more legitimate :)

Happy Lady cards are on sale at Gift Card Mall for 20% off. At this discount I'm willing to take another chance at BB&B. So far I haven't been denied converting to Disney GCs, but 2 of the transactions weren't very pleasant!

As always, don't buy more than you can afford to be stuck with :rolleyes1 as YMMV at your local store.

Which one? The Happy Cards can be purchased online or in person, depending on the source.

Turing them into Disney GCs requires you to go to a store that has Disney GCs in stock and will allow you to self checkout, while running the Happy Card as credit. Home Depot is the hands down favorite, but Happy Guy cards are on sale less frequently.

You CAN do the transaction at Bed Bath and Beyond with a Happy Lady card, but some people have reported not only a lack of success, but some extremely embarrassing and unpleasant scenes, including being accused of criminal activity.
whoa that’s scary... hmm

Well I was going to give BankAmeriDeals a try... if I can get 10% cash back at Staples if I only buy a gift card

http://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/simon-mall-gift-card-promotion/

Here’s a Happy Guy discount sort of. You get a $10 Visa gift card with a $75 Happy card purchase. $10 Visa is a nice stocking stuffer or you could use for snacks around the park.

I would jump on this deal if there was a Simon Mall near me. UGH!

Looks like it has to be done in person, if you have a Simons Mall near you. It's not clear if there's any activation fee for the Visa or not.

I do wonder if there is a fee on the $10 Visa as well.

whoa that’s scary... hmm

Well I was going to give BankAmeriDeals a try... if I can get 10% cash back at Staples if I only buy a gift card
Yep, I did earlier this year when I had Staples. For credit card offers I haven't had any trouble with GC only purchases. (Knock on wood)

Rmn cashback online working for gc only orders at staples?

Get a visa gc for 106.95, get $10 back from rmn, $6 from visa offers. Take the visa gc to Best Buy and get $9.50 back from swagbucks, $1 back from bb rewards.

Total savings 19.5%.

Anyone tried this yet?

Get a visa gc for 106.95, get $10 back from rmn, $6 from visa offers. Take the visa gc to Best Buy and get $9.50 back from swagbucks, $1 back from bb rewards.

Total savings 19.5%.

Anyone tried this yet?

Where did you see this offer, link please?

Where did you see this offer, link please?

It’s like an 8 step combo. Retail me not has $10 back on $100 orders online. I was asking if this worked on gift cards

I have 10% back up to 6 dollars on 3 of my chase Visa cards via chase offers in the chase app.

The rest is the usual swagbucks/ Best Buy in store qr code and Best Buy rewards

Total savings 19.5%.

Anyone tried this yet?
I have ordered gc only many times online and all my RMN have tracked. I know some have had some not though. I just need to do the part where I take the Visas to BB...

It’s like an 8 step combo. Retail me not has $10 back on $100 orders online. I was asking if this worked on gift cards

I have 10% back up to 6 dollars on 3 of my chase Visa cards via chase offers in the chase app.

The rest is the usual swagbucks/ Best Buy in store qr code and Best Buy rewards

Sounds like a great deal even if it does make my head hurt thinking about all the components involved. Lol :)

Hope it works for you. Let us know!

I'm going to take a chance and do the Happy Lady deal. I didn't have the best experience at my BB&B last time I tried with a gift card (they were training a new person and she asked a manager who made a big deal out of it. Since there were other people in line behind me I wasn't going to push it. That's after getting a GC with a GC 4 times before that). Since this one is ran as a credit I'm hoping I can just swipe it at the terminal and be fine. If they give me a hard time I may just hold onto it and use it a Cheesecake Factory or Panera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter