Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today, I went to my Kroger affiliated store which had the 4x fuel points and no more Disney cards. So I drove to the next one over and it was gone from there too. Not sold out, just no longer on the gift card display. I asked and the store said: “dunno, the gift card people were working on it yesterday”. Is it possible no more 4x fuel points?

So today, I went to my Kroger affiliated store which had the 4x fuel points and no more Disney cards. So I drove to the next one over and it was gone from there too. Not sold out, just no longer on the gift card display. I asked and the store said: “dunno, the gift card people were working on it yesterday”. Is it possible no more 4x fuel points?
Possible someone else in your area is hitting it hard & they haven’t restocked. Home Depot & BB use a 3rd party to stock gift cards in store & never know when they will arrive, maybe Kroger does as well? (Chasing someone else happens, one year I was just behind someone to every Target in my extended area when they ran that holiday special on gift cards [which they haven’t done for a couple years].)

Sounds good, but if it’s a Virtual VISA from SB, know that it’s definitely a YMMV if Shop Disney will cancel the transaction. Apparently, VV hasn’t always been coming through with paying Shop Disney, and several people have posted with stories of having the payment go through only to have it canceled later, and sometimes having a difficult time getting the proper credit back on the VV.

Currently, Target has 3% back through RMN, and people have reported that tracking without issue, both with and without fillers. I haven’t heard of Target refusing the VVs as payment. Unless you really want the cute designs on the physical cards from Shop Disney, you might be better off buying from Target. I think you can get them as e-gift cards for faster access.
Thanks for the heads up. RMN doesn’t work since I can’t have PayPal.

Interesting. I noticed there weren't any yesterday either, only 3 day tickets.

I was able to purchase a Disney gift card at our Kroger yesterday on the 4x fuel point deal.

We always stay off site, this next vacation I promised the kids we would stay at least one night onsite disney. I was thinking about buying hotels.com giftcards they have them for 9% off or 91.00 for 100 gift card. What do you think? is this better than buying Disney giftcards and booking direct. Do you think hotels.com has better pricing?

We always stay off site, this next vacation I promised the kids we would stay at least one night onsite disney. I was thinking about buying hotels.com giftcards they have them for 9% off or 91.00 for 100 gift card. What do you think? is this better than buying Disney giftcards and booking direct. Do you think hotels.com has better pricing?
Sometimes you can get Hotels.com for 15-20% off too. I have done this a few times. Other perks I can think of would be going through a cashback portal (I usually get 5-10% back on the pre tax amount) and also you get credits towards a free night through Hotels.com (~10% pre tax) which you can redeem many places including Disney hotels. Oftentimes Hotels.com will have the public offer room only pricing, as long as they have availability. I have had no issues getting and linking the right confirmation number for MDE and adding Magical Express. I have done both through Hotels.com chat several times. To use Hotels.com GCs you have to pay in full up front, but they have refundable rates and for Disney they follow the normal 5 day cancellation window.

It would probably come down to, which gift cards can you get a better discount on (and how soon you need them since you need them up front for hotels.com) and also which are you okay getting 'stuck' with if things change. I usually keep a stash of Hotels.com GCs from when they are 15-20% off for flexibility.

Sometimes you can get Hotels.com for 15-20% off too. I have done this a few times. Other perks I can think of would be going through a cashback portal (I usually get 5-10% back on the pre tax amount) and also you get credits towards a free night through Hotels.com (~10% pre tax) which you can redeem many places including Disney hotels. Oftentimes Hotels.com will have the public offer room only pricing, as long as they have availability. I have had no issues getting and linking the right confirmation number for MDE and adding Magical Express. I have done both through Hotels.com chat several times. To use Hotels.com GCs you have to pay in full up front, but they have refundable rates and for Disney they follow the normal 5 day cancellation window.

It would probably come down to, which gift cards can you get a better discount on (and how soon you need them since you need them up front for hotels.com) and also which are you okay getting 'stuck' with if things change. I usually keep a stash of Hotels.com GCs from when they are 15-20% off for flexibility.
that's a great idea buying them when they are on sale, I didnt think about the cash back Swagbucks is 8% right now I didnt check ebates. plus the 8th night free thing. We do not need them yet, waiting on Disney to open the calendar for our dates. But I will be ready

Many times expedia or orbitz will have codes for 10 - 15% off hotels and Disney hotels are usually included.

I personally am not a fan of hotels.com as I once got stuck with one of their gift cards and ended up having to use it on a hotel I wouldn't have. Also realize that if you end up getting stuck with a hotels.com gift card, not all hotels will they allow you to use gift cards on.

Sorry, don't want to get too off course, but when/where should I be keeping an eye out for 15-20% off Hotels.com gift cards and does anyone know if they can be redeemed for Universal hotels? (Royal Pacific specifically.) Thanks!!

Haha. I'm sorry. I apparently thought you all were psychic. It is for staples.

I saw DoC post about this over the weekend or maybe it was Monday, so I had been checking my offers. Just re-checked and still wasn't there, but on my saved offers I still had some left on one of the 10% offers...the offer *again under my saved offers* has now switched to $25 back on $100. Odd, but I'll take it. Just wanted to give others a heads up, maybe look on your saved offers as well.

I only got the 4x Happy card. My best customer bonus was $0.50 off a pint of ice cream???

I had that one show up today, but I swear it wasn't there yesterday. So keep checking. I also have a 200 bonus for buying a Happy card - am hoping they stack.

Sorry, don't want to get too off course, but when/where should I be keeping an eye out for 15-20% off Hotels.com gift cards and does anyone know if they can be redeemed for Universal hotels? (Royal Pacific specifically.) Thanks!!

Yes you can book Royal Pacific, you just have to do the pay now option.

Right now there's a hotels.com

$50 GC with $10 cashback on select AMEX cards

$50 GC for $42.50 on Samsung Pay

Sometimes gift card sites like Gyft will have them for 15% off, they did earlier this month. BJs sometimes they will go 15% off. You have to have a membership but can get an online one for $10 I believe. I got one last fall during a few days where they were letting you buy without a membership. My Kroger used to do coupons every so often that worked out to 20% off but I haven't had one for a long time :(

I usually book Universal hotels through Hotels.com (unless I am using credit card points) for the cashback portals, free nights, gift card discounts.
I only got the 4x Happy card. My best customer bonus was $0.50 off a pint of ice cream???
:rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter