Disney gift cards on bands

pmcneff

November 2015 WDW trip!
We bought our DD some gift cards and was wondering if she can set those on her magic band.

We bought our DD some gift cards and was wondering if she can set those on her magic band.

no. as of March of this year. I tried to put a gift card on mine while we were on our trip and they said that feature was not available. that really stinks though because that's just one more thing that we had to carry around.

No, but you can can just charge everything on the band and then pay it off with the gift cards at the front desk every night.

I think I had seen other posts about putting gift cards on your room and then your magic band charges just eat away eat your card until it's gone. I plan to put several cards on my room at check in to cover our purchases. I guess it's pretty much what Scootypuffjr said but hopefully I won't have to stop at the desk daily.

I think I had seen other posts about putting gift cards on your room and then your magic band charges just eat away eat your card until it's gone. I plan to put several cards on my room at check in to cover our purchases. I guess it's pretty much what Scootypuffjr said but hopefully I won't have to stop at the desk daily.

In our experience you can't "preload" your room at check-in. You can only pay down your balance with Gift Cards. You don't have to do it daily but you do need to do it prior to your checkout day or they may charge your credit card. On our last trip we did it twice, about halfway through and the night before checkout.

Also - depending on which cast member you get it can take awhile for them to apply these. Each time we were using multiple gift cards (I was paying down our balance of approx. $500 with 5-$100 gift cards on two separate occasions). The one night it took about 5 minutes and they were done. The other night it felt like almost half an hour. It could have been a slow computer or just a CM who hadn't done it before. I was fine with it as the kids were getting ready for bed back at the room anyways but I think the people waiting behind me to check in at 9pm were a little frustrated.

In our experience you can't "preload" your room at check-in. You can only pay down your balance with Gift Cards. You don't have to do it daily but you do need to do it prior to your checkout day or they may charge your credit card. On our last trip we did it twice, about halfway through and the night before checkout.

Also - depending on which cast member you get it can take awhile for them to apply these. Each time we were using multiple gift cards (I was paying down our balance of approx. $500 with 5-$100 gift cards on two separate occasions). The one night it took about 5 minutes and they were done. The other night it felt like almost half an hour. It could have been a slow computer or just a CM who hadn't done it before. I was fine with it as the kids were getting ready for bed back at the room anyways but I think the people waiting behind me to check in at 9pm were a little frustrated.

Thanks for the information. I have several gift cards I am saving for our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter