Disney Gift cards to pay for Disney Cruise?

I paid for our cruise using giftcards with the debit red card 5% and the pharmacy rewards 5% which saved me 10% off our cruise!!!:banana:

So, if I understand correctly, we can use the gift cards to pay our onboard credit? How exactly does that work? We are new to Disney cruise line, so not familiar with the policies and such :)

Thanks!

TallMomma said:
So, if I understand correctly, we can use the gift cards to pay our onboard credit? How exactly does that work? We are new to Disney cruise line, so not familiar with the policies and such :)

Thanks!

Yes you can use the gift cards to apply to you onboard account. Just go to gs and they will do it. Just keep them because if you have a balance they will apply to one of the gift cards.

after receiving the letter i called and was told that because i bought so many it showed that i was a business, that i was reselling them. i could not get them to understand that it was all for one trip, that lots of people do this. the letter pretty much said the same thing, that i was a business and i could not use my cc to purchase things for a business.
it was all just stupid in my mind.

please don't call people or things you don't understand stupid. The poor lady you dealt with is a person and you seem to disrespect that she was just doing her job.That makes us all sad.
If you don't understand a system, then take the time to learn about it rather than rubbish the system out on the DIS. Just because many people do it doesn't mean its legal. That isn't what the DIS is for. You did the wrong thing and was caught, move on.

please don't call people or things you don't understand stupid. The poor lady you dealt with is a person and you seem to disrespect that she was just doing her job.That makes us all sad.
If you don't understand a system, then take the time to learn about it rather than rubbish the system out on the DIS. Just because many people do it doesn't mean its legal. That isn't what the DIS is for. You did the wrong thing and was caught, move on.

But she didn't do anything wrong. She was purchasing the cards to use (as a consumer) on her cruise. The person on the phone was wrong in telling her because of the number of cards she was buying, she was automatically a business and was reselling them, with no proof of that.

She did nothing wrong or illegal. It is not illegal to purchase gift cards and use them to pay for a cruise. It was stupid of them to claim she was purchasing them to resell. Letting someone know about your experience is not "rubbishing" the system. It is merely informing others.

I have been buying GC's at my Target with my red card (debit) and haven't had any problems. I'm not sure how much I've bought so far, but I know I bought $500 2 days in a row, at least 2 separate times. I can see that they wouldn't want anyone reselling them, but for an individual to buy with their personal debit card, gives no indication of intent to resell.

Can these cards be bought online? I live 100 miles from the nearest Target so I only get there once or twice a year. It wouldn't be worth the gas to make a special trip for Disney cards. Just wondering if I could make gift card purchases worth it on a once a year trip--or if I can buy them online? Obviously I don't use the pharmacy rewards card either.
Costco is also 100 miles away.
Sams is local to my town--they are currently selling Disney GC for $48.88 ($50)

I think you are misunderstanding. She didn't call anyone stupid. She feels that the misinterpretation of a rule is stupid. And she didn't do anything wrong. She wasn't caught because she was legally shopping for personal use.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Can these cards be bought online? I live 100 miles from the nearest Target so I only get there once or twice a year. It wouldn't be worth the gas to make a special trip for Disney cards. Just wondering if I could make gift card purchases worth it on a once a year trip--or if I can buy them online? Obviously I don't use the pharmacy rewards card either.
Costco is also 100 miles away.
Sams is local to my town--they are currently selling Disney GC for $48.88 ($50)

Sometimes. They are on the Target website under Gift Cards and then Specialty Gift Cards. They are showing as available today, but sometimes it says only available in stores.

This is the most bizarre post I've seen lately. You are telling her not to judge something she doesn't understand, when in fact you are the one judging her on something you don't obviously don't understand.

The poster did nothing wrong or illegal when they bought Disney gift cards using their credit card at the store.

The person she talked to on the phone was not understanding her purpose for buying the amount of gift cards for her own personal use. If that had happened to me I would have asked for a supervisor and been done with the first person on the phone.

Can you use Disney gift cards if booking through Costco? I'd love to get the Costco cash card (which I just found out about last week from this site!) but also get the discount from buying gift cards with my RedCard (which I also got recently since I spend so much at Target!!)!

Yes, you can pay Costco Travel with Disney gift cards. Costco either take the card numbers from you and then turn around and read them to a disney rep on the phone or get on the phone with a disney rep and initiate a three way call and you read the numbers direct to the disney rep. I just paid for our cruise that way because the Costco cash card for booking through them (about 8% of the cruise fare in our case) plus using disney gift cards purchased at target with the 5% red card discount was the best total dscount for us.

FWIW, I just opened my snip snap app and they said target has requested all their coupons be removed from the app. Guess they didn't like everyone using the same coupons....

Yes, you can pay Costco Travel with Disney gift cards. Costco either take the card numbers from you and then turn around and read them to a disney rep on the phone or get on the phone with a disney rep and initiate a three way call and you read the numbers direct to the disney rep. I just paid for our cruise that way because the Costco cash card for booking through them (about 8% of the cruise fare in our case) plus using disney gift cards purchased at target with the 5% red card discount was the best total dscount for us.

Note that this is the case for most travel agents as payment is done directly the customer to DCL and the TA is simply a middle man. You don't pay the TA and the TA then pays DCL.

I've personally done this with AAA for example. The TA read the 15 gift cards I had.

Now if Disney would allow you to combine them into one, it would be SO much easier...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter