Disney Gold Pass not working right for park admissions

DavidRoss

Mouseketeer
Has anyone else been having trouble getting park admissions booked a gold pass? When I look at the park admissions for annual passes, there are days I see all parks available for annual passes but not for theme park or select resort hotels. So I go to book a park but it treats the request as if it is a theme park pass and not an annual pass.

Has anyone else been having trouble getting park admissions booked a gold pass? When I look at the park admissions for annual passes, there are days I see all parks available for annual passes but not for theme park or select resort hotels. So I go to book a park but it treats the request as if it is a theme park pass and not an annual pass.
Do you have a DVC or other WDW resort booked for the time period you are looking? If so, your reservation makes you a resort guest not an AP holder (in terms of the bucket you are getting reservations through). You can call the AP line and they can unlink the reservation in the MDE temporarily, book your pass for you and then link it back.

As mentioned, if you are in a reservation that is linked, then you are considered a resort guest, regardless of pass type, and are limited to that bucket.

For the system to recognize you as an AP holder, you can’t be in a reservation, but then it will only let you book 3.

You can only book 3 passes at a time for the annual pass. I think once you use one, you can book one.

I did reach out to a cast member via chat. She realized what was going on and temporarily took away my room reservation. I then booked the three annual pass admissions. Then she added my reservation for my room back and it appears I was able to book more than three reservations. This is for a reservation in April. But the odd thing is that I also have a reservation in November and the system is recognizing that I have valid admission media (via annual pass) and letting me book as a resort pool of rooms. It this how this is supposed to work?

At first it allowed for all resort days plus 3 additional AP days. Now if you have a resort stay it is only recognizing that stay and not allowing AP days to be added in addition. There is no cap on days that you can book if there are resort stays associated with them. From what I've read they're able to override and book AP days as well if you call the AP line (I haven't done that so don't quote me on it).

I was on the phone for 3 hours, to include 1.5 hrs waiting for connection, the nice cast member from tech support needed help with another tech support to get ours to let one family member make another reservation (they already had some), the system has flaws. I hope they get them fixed.

Do you have a DVC or other WDW resort booked for the time period you are looking? If so, your reservation makes you a resort guest not an AP holder (in terms of the bucket you are getting reservations through). You can call the AP line and they can unlink the reservation in the MDE temporarily, book your pass for you and then link it back.
Thats what happened to us. Had to call DVC to get the park passes we needed under our AP instead of the room.
A hassle, but they were able to take care of it.
If you have an AP and a room booked, the room wins and online will not let you get a park pass using your AP.

So what I am saying is this: AP reservations for the time we are going this month are allowing Hollywood Studios to be booked. So I had them unlink the room reservation during the same dates, booked my HS day and then they added the room reservation back and I booked the other 5 days during that time that I wanted. It seems to be allowing this.

The other point I am making is that I have a 4 night stay in November. I am able to book all 4 days at parks because it is recognizing that I have admission media even though it is an annual pass. So it seems that even though you have a room reservation, you can book as many days as you want during the room reservation if using an annual pass. It seems the 3-days only applies if you are using your annual pass outside the dates of a room reservation.

It seems the 3-days only applies if you are using your annual pass outside the dates of a room reservation.

That's correct. I have 20+ days of park reservations on my AP voucher right now which go with a couple of trips I have booked.

So to sum up:

If the park reservation "bucket" for on-site resorts is filled for a particular day & park, and if the AP "bucket" is not yet full and if you have an AP, you can call to get a park reservation for the day in question.

Wow - they really need some better systems/programming! Manual fixes you have to call to get are really inefficient!!

Last edited:
I've been a member for years and am NEVER surprised at the bugs in GO.com system or any disney tech stuff. Disney does many things right, their online stuff, is now and has always been pretty iffy.

Well this is good to know. We’re going may 9-12 and MK is booked one of the days we wanna go but we’ve been waiting for Disney to call us back about our APs. I guess I need to mention on the phone when they call about making our reservations since others have had issues with it. We’re staying at the fort so I’m guessing the system will only see that

Well this is good to know. We’re going may 9-12 and MK is booked one of the days we wanna go but we’ve been waiting for Disney to call us back about our APs. I guess I need to mention on the phone when they call about making our reservations since others have had issues with it. We’re staying at the fort so I’m guessing the system will only see that
This is only an issue on the days that the resort bucket is full. If there is availability for resort guests, you should be fine. You can also purchase a ticket now (make sure it is less than what the cost of your AP will be) and you can apply the ticket cost towards the cost of your AP, then you can make reservations now and they will stay after you get your AP. This is what we did.

This is only an issue on the days that the resort bucket is full. If there is availability for resort guests, you should be fine. You can also purchase a ticket now (make sure it is less than what the cost of your AP will be) and you can apply the ticket cost towards the cost of your AP, then you can make reservations now and they will stay after you get your AP. This is what we did.
The resort bucket is full for our MK day. We already bought 1 day tickets because that was all we had planned on doing. Then we decided with being eligible for an AP we would do two days but the second day is full. It’s still open to APs though

I'm having the same problem for a May trip. Our friends who are joining us are FL residents with APs, and they can pick from the AP bucket. We're APs too, but can only pick Epcot or DAK for the entire trip because we come out of the Resort Guest bucket.

However, I'm a bit confused by the solution. Should I call MS or the AP line to get choices from the AP bucket? Yesterday I spent 45 minutes on the AP line to get DW's Gold AP set up for renewal, but then had to call MS this morning to actually renew it.

Thanks! (I'm getting too old for this...)

Peter

I'm having the same problem for a May trip. Our friends who are joining us are FL residents with APs, and they can pick from the AP bucket. We're APs too, but can only pick Epcot or DAK for the entire trip because we come out of the Resort Guest bucket.

However, I'm a bit confused by the solution. Should I call MS or the AP line to get choices from the AP bucket? Yesterday I spent 45 minutes on the AP line to get DW's Gold AP set up for renewal, but then had to call MS this morning to actually renew it.

Peter
Call the AP line, 407-939-7277

Peter

I was successful finally last weekend doing the chat on the AP page. I waited on hold for over two hours last Friday before giving up. Just stay on the AP page and when the chat window opens pounce. He was able to help me easily.

MS chat said they could not help; not sure if that was my bad luck or not.

I was trying to switch days around but all that was open for resorts was AK and HS.

Thanks for the replies. I was able to get into the AP line just now with about a 10 minute hold (woohoo!), and got the reservations I wanted. I can't wait for all this stuff to go away - it sure takes all the fun out of planning. Maybe by our following trip in October it won't be as bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter