Disney Ground Transfer from MCO - How early

BrianD

DIS Veteran
How early in the morning do the Disney buses start running from MCO to the port on the cruise departure day? I want to arrive as early as possible to the port so that we can board at the earliest possible time. Would it be better to use another company like Happy Limo, Tiffany, etc.?

Also, we are thinking of possibly flying in the evening before and staying at the Hyatt there at MCO. If you use Disney ground transportation, can you arrange to have them get your luggage from the hotel room, or can they only collect luggage from arriving flights at baggage claim?

Thanks!!! :cool: :)

I believe the DCL buses start leaving MCO for the port around 9:30 - 10:00.

I've never done it, but supposedly if you stay at the MCO Hyatt the night before, you can leave your luggage (with DCL tags attached) in the hall and a "little mouse" picks them up and gets them to the ship.

We use Happy Limo and typically schedule our pick-up at 9:30 a.m. We did that on our trip this weekend, and it allowed us to get to the port by 10:30 a.m. with a quick grocery stop thrown in. I'm sure that can vary depending on the traffic, but we've never had it bad in all of our trips. I like getting to the port before the buses start arriving because it is not at all crowded.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We always stay the night before at the Hyatt. When you check in, identify yourself as a DCL passenger, and they will give you an envelope with information on the transfers. You usually leave your luggage outside the door of your hotel room by 8:30 or so in the morning, and they will collect it and transfer it to the ship. Make sure you don't put the cruise line's tags on the bags until the morning of the cruise. You'll have to claim your bags when you arrive the night before. I've heard that the Hyatt's bell staff will collect your luggage from the baggage claim, but I've never tried this myself. I usually wait for the luggage while my wife checks us in at the hotel desk.

The check-in for the busses is in the lobby of the Hyatt, and usually starts at around 9:30am. The first bus leaves at around 10:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter