Disney Half Marathon race change question

Joe.Five.Oh

Earning My Ears
I was signed up for the 2019 Disney Marathon and recently found out I am pregnant. I had booked a room for a week at a resort starting January 12th. I have since switched from the Marathon to the Half Marathon. The problem now is we need to arrive on the 11th but the resort is already booked full. If we book a room for a single night somewhere else I don't think I will have a place to change/shower after the race due to the space between check out and check in. This is our first time going to Disney World during Marathon Weekend. If anyone has any tips or suggestions I would appreciate it!

This is also my first time posting on Disboards. If there is a different/better place or thread I should post my question under let me know.

Congratulations!
No guarantee but you can request a late checkout. If the hotel you're booking for the first night has a fitness centre, you can use the showers there. Or keep checking for availability.

Depending on how long it will take you to finish the race, you could be back before check out time.

Sometimes you can check in early, of course that's not guaranteed but it's possible they can have your room ready early. We have had a room at noon before. You can always call with a request for early check in if possible due to arriving early.

Or like said above you can request late checkout. I've heard of people being told no to getting an extra hour (so that would be till noon at least). My brother's family did it once.

Or Have stuff to freshen up with that you gear check (or someone holds for you). Not ideal, but a possibility to hold you over till you can get in a room. Use the resort bathrooms by the pool or in park bathrooms. Better than nothing.

Congrats as well!

Congratulations!
No guarantee but you can request a late checkout. If the hotel you're booking for the first night has a fitness centre, you can use the showers there. Or keep checking for availability.

Depending on how long it will take you to finish the race, you could be back before check out time.

This is very true. I started the half at 6:30, finished at 9:30, was back in the resort by 10:30, quickly showered and tossed my running gear into a plastic bag and checked out at 11. Just make sure you are completely packed except for shower stuff before you leave for the race.

Where are you staying?

I wouldn’t stress because it’s very likely a room will become available as people change plans and groups/agencies release unfilled space in booking blocks on a daily basis.

Where are you staying?

I wouldn’t stress because it’s very likely a room will become available as people change plans and groups/agencies release unfilled space in booking blocks on a daily basis.

I totally agree. Just keep checking.

I would keep checking as well. If you have no luck and can't get back before checkout I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've done plenty of races where I stick around for a while after and don't change or shower until much later in the day. I have one early next month about an hour from my house and it will likely be 3 or 4 in the afternoon before I get home to shower because we are sticking around and doing some post-race activities with the family.

Not ideal but Fitness center or by pool showers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter