• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney has extended CEO Bob Chapek’s contract for three more years, the company announced Tuesday.

Of course they renewed him. If they didn’t the board would have to admit they made a mistake recommending him for the position. Happens all the time in small town politics.

Absolutely amazing. Stock price has underperformed even in a down market. Several major gaffes. Guests are expressing dissatisfaction like at no other time I can recall.

SMH.
Yes but everyone keeps going to WDW and keep giving them more and more money. The only way it stops is when it starts showing up in attendance. If a large number of people would take just a 1 year break from Disney we would see a change in a hurry. Imagine a 50% drop in attendance for 1 year he would be gone in a heartbeat.

Yes but everyone keeps going to WDW and keep giving them more and more money. The only way it stops is when it starts showing up in attendance.
Problem is the vast, vast majority of visitors have no idea of chapek is, don't see that quality has gone downhill or would care. They won't watch vlogs to keep up with what is going on. They are the once in a lifetime/blue moon visitors,unllike us on this board. If there is a resession i think there will be at least a slight downturn in numbers. Maybe the new expansion at Universal will knock Disney a bit? Who knows.

Our kids made several trips to WDW growing up, and there was never a time that any of us didn't want to go again. My son and his wife went there on their honeymoon. Our daughter chose WDW for her senior trip after high school. Last August when our granddaughter was born it was less than a week until we started talking about her first trip.

The new company policies of charging more / delivering less and taking political stances had convinced my wife and me to put those plans for our granddaughter on hold. This Chapek news pretty much guarantees we won't be taking her for the next three years since I don't see either previously mentioned company policy changing as long as he's in charge. For us, this extension is a clear sign that the board does not want our business.

one of the most difficult challenges, as I age, is changing the frame of reference for most things. For example, a $100 cost is extravagant for me. However my 2 DS entering the work force after schooling think nothing of the spend. Their frame of reference to the value of dollars is different then mine.
Chapek has the mindset of this new frame of reference. Meaning he has been able to accept the new frame of reference and setting revenue targets for different segments based on this new reference. He is of the same age as I. As a result, all of us can clearly see that pushing Parks to adapt to the new reference is working, as the parks are as busy as ever. Further, we know Chapek shifted financial responsibility to a core few, perhaps to get around seasoned veterans who pushed back against escalating pricing?
I would suggest Iger left as his frame of reference did not allow to push Parks, other divisions, to adapt to the new reference of the value of a dollar among other things. He greatly expanded the base to increase profit, Chapek is reaping profit by grossly inflating pricing. And the board agrees there is more profit to reap by this strategy, apparently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter