Disney has extended CEO Bob Chapek’s contract for three more years, the company announced Tuesday.

The stock price is down at a factor of 1.7x relative to the market.... just sayin'

Not enough to can a CEO. There are other major stocks I am invested in that are at or new 52 week lows and their leadership has not changed

They'll be discounts in the next couple of years as inflation eats into families vacation budgets. Airfare is already crazy high this year.
I also hope he finally takes onboard the criticisms that have plagued his leadership. It's already bad enough the middle are being squeezed out.

Just cancelled my D+ subscription. It is what the company cares about right now. You get to say why when you cancel so I told them it was because his contract was extended. If enough people did this it would make an impact.

Last edited:
I also hope he finally takes onboard the criticisms that have plagued his leadership. It's already bad enough the middle are being squeezed out.

By raising prices faster than wage growth for decades, this seemed to always be the plan.

Was watching a Vlog yesterday that had some interesting ideas about Chapek.
Their view was he came in just before the pandemic hit and the parks shut down. He inherited a huge debit from the Fox purchase. Those things were all out of his control. His first goal was to right the ship financially. Now that seems to be happening. The BIG question now, is will he start putting money back into the parks again?

:thumbsup2

I am not defending Bob C, but logically this is not all his fault. In the same way an Administration installs people and plans before the next Administration comes in, the same exists here. Much of what Bob C is being faulted for was started by Bob Iger and those in his "administration". In the same way it takes years to undo what a previous administration has done, be it to improve or destroy, the same will be with Disney Corp. I hope he does something good now that he has been given 3 more years. Will he? I admit I am not "hopeful" because of the overall decline of Disney, but perhaps he can do something good for the parks.

GENERAL COMMENT: PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS ABOUT POLITICS. That was NOT my point.

I know Bob Chapek is not a perfect CEO, but I pray and hope he fixes Disney for years to come.

Bob has the stock down to $95? They will owe comcast 27B in another year.

The parks will go to comcast and Apple will buy the streaming service and everything in the vault. Just my opinion.

It solves all the problems.

Bob has the stock down to $95? They will owe comcast 27B in another year.

The parks will go to comcast and Apple will buy the streaming service and everything in the vault. Just my opinion.

It solves all the problems.
Not going to happen.

Kinda makes me sick to be honest but hey, what can you do.

We are the suckers who will keep paying and going to Disney no matter what. So as much as we complain on the boards and say we will stop going to Disney, the reality is...

For many that is so true. As for me, I'm sticking to my guns. I really don't see myself stepping foot in WDW or any of the parks again. I make an excellent living and have always spent very well on every trip to WDW, so cost is not the issue, but I just don't see the value in it for me anymore. I'm not going to blame everything on Chapek (though I can't stand the man), but all the cutbacks, further nickel and diming, the whole Genie+, ILL$, LL, restaurant menu simplification or lack of diversity, etc are just not for me anymore. Perhaps I'm a dinosaur or outdated for not wanting to be tied to my smartphone all day or playing a game of roulette at 7:00 am the day of the park hoping to get lucky and score my attractions. I'm sure many love it, just not me. I still love Disney, but other than the occasional cruise with DCL, I'll be looking for other vacation ideas as I enter my retirement years in the next decade. Never thought I'd get there, but that's where I'm at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter