• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney hires former Democratic Communications Strategist as new Head of Global Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

PortMickey

WDW & DCL fan
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/...any-head-of-global-communications-1235225914/

The Walt Disney Company has named Kristina Schake as EVP of global communications.

Effective immediately, Schake will be responsible for the TWDC’s worldwide communications strategy and operations, while also serving as lead spokesperson. She will report to chief corporate affairs officer Geoff Morrell.

“I could not be more pleased to welcome Kristina to Disney and to have her leading communications for the company,” Morrell stated, announcing Schake’s appointment.

“Her experience in the public and private sectors, in political and corporate campaigns, make her ideally suited for this important role and to help me integrate communications with government relations, public policy, and corporate social responsibility into a new Corporate Affairs team,” Morrell continued. “Together with the exceptional professionals at Disney, we will help the world’s greatest storytelling company engage even more effectively with our many stakeholders around the world.”

Schake has spent three decades working in government, media, business, entertainment, and technology. Most recently, she was appointed by President Biden to lead the nationwide COVID-19 vaccine education campaign and previously was Instagram’s global communications director.

“As Disney approaches its 100th anniversary, I’m excited to lead the company’s global communications work at this pivotal moment of growth and transformation,” added Schake. “The magical stories and experiences Disney creates enrich the lives of countless people around the world and it’s an honor for me to be a part of that, helping Bob Chapek, Geoff Morrell, and the talented teams throughout the company tell the story of Disney as it begins its second century.”

The California native also served as deputy communication’s director for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign and served in the Obama administration as special assistant to the President and communications director to the First Lady.

Schake’s other government posts include her time as the senior communications strategist for First Lady Maria Shriver, the Women’s Conference, and the California Endowment’s Building Healthy Communities Initiative. In 2009, she co-founded the American Foundation for Equal Rights, which led the successful bipartisan public awareness campaign and legal challenge to restore marriage equality to California. Following her graduation from John Hopkins University, Schake began her career working for Los Angeles Mayor Richard J. Riordan.

wow. Idk if hiring someone so political after the recent debacle/missteps was the wisest decision ever….

I don't think Disney has anything to lose at this point, as their PR department has been an embarrassment. They've got to try something to dig themselves out of their current mess and who are better 'spin masters' than the folks who worked in politics?

Also, having worked in political consulting, most of the ones I've met have been party neutral because they end up working for a variety of causes and candidates. It's pretty common for those folks to even be flat-out apolitical, owing to seeing how the sausage is made. :D

This 1000%. It’s frustrating to see along with this, how many threads that have been started here recently that are 1000% political despite the rules against it
Couldn't agree more. I'm glad to see a certain other thread seems to have disappeared. Hopefully we can keep this one on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter