Disney Honeymoon Recommendations

JoshSwords

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

Now that we have just 2 weeks until the wedding, I finally have time to get the little things in order for our honeymoon.

The honeymoon plans are to spend four nights at the Polynesian resort and 3 nights on the Wonder.

Frankly, I have not had enough time to prepare the "special things" that should be done to ensure that Kim has the time of her life due to my lawschool obligations.

I would appreciate any recommendations on how to make this wonderfull time truely a fairytale.

All post are welcome, espicallly recommendations on what to pack, where to go, and "special" things to do.

Thanks

Congratulations!!! :)

On our honeymoon, we stayed at AKL for 4 nights, and did the three day cruise on the Wonder. It was amazing!

First of all, definitely wear the bride and groom ears. It's soooo worth it! Tell anyone who will listen that you are on your honeymoon. Magic moments will pop up all over the place.

Have you been to Disney before? If you have, I would talk with your FW and find out what things you definitely do not want to miss, and plan around that. That's what we did. We were very familiar with WDW, so we took our time, planned our days around restaurants we wanted to eat at, and had a casual time.

If you haven't been there before, try not to push yourself too much. After the stress and excitement of wedding planning, you don't want to make your honeymoon seem like a chore. The Magic Kingdom is wonderful for Disney Magic, and Epcot can be extremely romantic. If there is an ERide night during your stay, take advantage of that and take the daytime to see the smaller attractions and take your time to see the little things. Check out the boards for restaurant and theme park ideas. We got the "Unoffical Guide to WDW" and that helped a lot, espcially for the stuff I didn't know about, like smaller attractions, shows and restaurants.

This is what we did. We arrived Sunday night and had dinner at Boma. We spent our first day at Epcot, and had dinner at Rose & Crown. (We had lunch at San Angel). We were lucky enough to get a terrace seat so we could watch Illuminations. Tuesday was our MK day, since it was an ERide night. We did the small attractions that I had never done before, had dinner at 'Ohana, and went back to the MK. On Wednesday, we did MGM. Lunch at Prime Time and dinner at the Brown Derby.

Every day, we actually skipped the parades, and went back to relax at the resort. We experienced the resort and the pool and the CMs there. That helped a lot.

On the cruise, we were able to do wonderful excursions. We did the dolphin encounter at Nassau, and a couples cabana massage and snorkling at Castaway Cay. Just amazing. I do wish that we would have taken more time to experience the ship, but I don't regret anything.

You can find magical, fairy tale moments anywhere. You can make them yourself. Take lots and lots of pictures. Maybe buy your wife a journal so she can write everything down so she can remember your fabulous honeymoon (I did this, and I love it. I read it all the time. :) ) Finding and interacting with characters is always magical, even as adults! Don't put too much emphasis on *having* to do things, and just enjoy your first days being married in the most Magical Place on Earth!!! :Pinkbounc

What to pack? Comfy shoes and lots of sunscreen! DH and I got sunburned, bad, at Nassau. That sucked.

Have a wonderful, magical honeymoon. It will be totally worth it. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!! (and I'm totally jealous...I have always wanted to stay at the Poly!!!)

(If you want, you can PM me if you have any questions about stuff you are thinking about! :) )

Congrats on the upcoming wedding.
We will also be honeymooning at wdw but our is June 8-13
The best advice I can give is to make her feel like one of the princesses.
Do as many things that she wants to do as possible and I am sure you will also have a great time.
Make sure to wear the Bride and Groom hats I have read that many special things can happen to people who are wearing them.

Whaen you get back please post your adventure for everyone else to learn from and if you have time maybe drop me an e-mail on anything you think that we should try.
mulgar9@yahoo.com
Have a wonderful life together you have picked the best possible way to start off

Shawn :jester:

As a matter of fact, we got engaged at Disney World so this will be our return trip.

As of now, we have planned to attend the Hooptie Doo Muscial Review, Dinner at the California Grill to see the fireworks, and a character breakfast at Ohana's before we leave for the cruise.

On the cruise, we plan the do the Blue Lagoon excursion at Nassau and take it easy with a raft at Castaway Cay.....also, I am looking forward to the "mud fight for couples" spa treatment on the Wonder.

If I am leaving anything out, please let me know.

Some concerns (how small the may be) includes the dinner reservations on the cruise and how long it will take to get around in the bus using the transfer tickets.

Any insight on this will be helpful as well.

Thanks again.

P.S.- how do I get the countdown to appear on my messages. I think that is so cool.

For the countdown timer go to the tech support board. There is a thread there that gives you the link to set up your countdown. Have a great time on your honeymoon!

Joshswords
Try posting your transportation questions on the transportation board there are a lot of knowledgable people over there that will help you out.

Shawn :jester:

We will be honeymooning on the Wonder and to WDW in about 3 weeks time and I'm so excited.

WONDERful Plans:
I am going to try to get the couples massage at Castaway Cay as soon as I board the ship, as well as PALO reservations.

WDW Plans:
We are staying concierge and can't wait to get pampered. Massages for us and pedicure for me @ the GF Spa, Dinner @ Victoria's and Albert's, Illuminations Cruise, A round of GOLF @ Osprey Ridge Course, dinner @ the California Grill, Photography session @ MK and most importantly breakfast in bed!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!! Enjoy your trip. I'll be sailing on the Wonder- June 1st, GF- June 6-10 and YC June 10-14. Hope to see all the honeymooners there!

Originally posted by JoshSwords
Some concerns (how small the may be) includes the dinner reservations on the cruise and how long it will take to get around in the bus using the transfer tickets.
P.S.- how do I get the countdown to appear on my messages. I think that is so cool.

Bus transfers vary by resort, generally you shouldn't have to wait for more than a half hour or so. Call your hotel's front desk and they can give you the stated times. As far as transfers to the cruise, there is bus (if you included it when you bought your tickets). Call your travel agent and they will have the meet information (or Disney Cruise Lines) if you need the phone numbers, PM me and tell me what hotel.

Also, there is a nice thread about the timer on the tech support forum.

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter