Disney imfinity ps4

Cobern

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know when infinity will be coming out for the ps4? I just bought a ps4 for my husband today and we know the kids would love the infinity game. Thanks for any help :)

At this time, there are no plans to release it on PS4 or Xbox One. This may change, but as of right now, there is no confirmation that it will be released and no release date.

You do know that the PS3 version works on the PS4, right?

PS4 is not backwards compatible with PS3. Disney Infinity PS3 will not work with PS4. No marketplace/store downloads acquired on PS3 work on PS4. If you played it on PS3, either hard copy or digital copy, or if it can be played on PS3, it cannot be played on PS4. And vice versa.

With the exception of the Wii U, none of the new consoles are backwards compatible.

Well that stinks for xbox and ps3 owners who cant play their existing games on a New system.

Well that stinks for xbox and ps3 owners who cant play their existing games on a New system.

Stinks, yes, but it's not unexpected.

The only new system for home theaters with backwards compatibility is the Wii U. It's because the Wii has reached market saturation and is expected to cease production stateside in 2014. The purchase of new Wii's has dropped off significantly, the resale cost of a used Wii at resale locations has bottomed out, and so Nintendo has made the decision to discontinue the manufacturing of the console in favor of the Wii U, most likely by this spring the announcement (which has already been hinted at coming from Nintendo) will be made and by summer we will no longer see new Wii's.

Xbox 360 and PS3, however, still dominate console sales, even in this holiday season. They're still in-demand and, despite the fact the new consoles are out, developers will be treating them as the primary gaming consoles for which they should be developing software for. Because they're still so in-demand, if the were to make the new units backwards compatible, they'd essentially kill any point in somebody buying a PS3 or 360. Considering there's still 6-14 months where they're going to still be the primary consoles of the majority of gamers, they're not going to add a feature to the new consoles that would deaden the sales of the existing, still highly active, consoles. So as a result, no software, no downloads, no content can be accessed from the Xbox One/PS4 that was accessible on the previous editions of the console.

That said, most gamers and industry folks agree that when the new consoles become more the standard and there's value in discontinuing the old models, you will see that the next versions of these consoles will be backwards compatible. Which is why, my friends, buying a console at launch can be a risky business. Yes, you get it first, but in 18 months they announce that the new versions of the One and PS4 are coming and they'll be smaller, have bigger hard drives, be less buggy, and will be backwards compatible to the 360 and PS3, all for about $100 less than you paid for the one you got at launch, you'll either want to buy it again, or you'll have to enjoy your early buy with less features while the second version of the console becomes the version that most gamers buy.

Then again, you wait long enough, nobody will care if it's backwards compatible anyway because the content for the new consoles will outshine the content for the old. Like everybody was so excited 360 and PS3 were backwards compatible for like the first year they were out, now who even notices, cares, or uses that feature? I can't remember the last time I played an Xbox original on my 360 or a PS2 game on my PS3. The good stuff they'll "remaster" and make an "HD remake" of, release it as a gold edition, and you'll buy it all over again. Like Windwaker. I have it already, I have the console that plays it, and I have a Wii which was backwards compatible to the Cube. I could have played it anytime I wanted. But they re-did it, gave it HD graphics, and despite the fact I had it and could play it on Wii whenever I wanted, I got it day 1 for the Wii U. Game makers and the console folks know this, so they know people will care until the next Halo or GTA comes out for the new consoles, then suddenly nobody will remember or care it wasn't backwards compatible and will buy it anyway.

The only real reason it's an irritation now is because neither console has any really great, distinguishing games for it.

Stinks, yes, but it's not unexpected.

The only new system for home theaters with backwards compatibility is the Wii U. It's because the Wii has reached market saturation and is expected to cease production stateside in 2014. The purchase of new Wii's has dropped off significantly, the resale cost of a used Wii at resale locations has bottomed out, and so Nintendo has made the decision to discontinue the manufacturing of the console in favor of the Wii U, most likely by this spring the announcement (which has already been hinted at coming from Nintendo) will be made and by summer we will no longer see new Wii's.

Xbox 360 and PS3, however, still dominate console sales, even in this holiday season. They're still in-demand and, despite the fact the new consoles are out, developers will be treating them as the primary gaming consoles for which they should be developing software for. Because they're still so in-demand, if the were to make the new units backwards compatible, they'd essentially kill any point in somebody buying a PS3 or 360. Considering there's still 6-14 months where they're going to still be the primary consoles of the majority of gamers, they're not going to add a feature to the new consoles that would deaden the sales of the existing, still highly active, consoles. So as a result, no software, no downloads, no content can be accessed from the Xbox One/PS4 that was accessible on the previous editions of the console.

That said, most gamers and industry folks agree that when the new consoles become more the standard and there's value in discontinuing the old models, you will see that the next versions of these consoles will be backwards compatible. Which is why, my friends, buying a console at launch can be a risky business. Yes, you get it first, but in 18 months they announce that the new versions of the One and PS4 are coming and they'll be smaller, have bigger hard drives, be less buggy, and will be backwards compatible to the 360 and PS3, all for about $100 less than you paid for the one you got at launch, you'll either want to buy it again, or you'll have to enjoy your early buy with less features while the second version of the console becomes the version that most gamers buy.

Then again, you wait long enough, nobody will care if it's backwards compatible anyway because the content for the new consoles will outshine the content for the old. Like everybody was so excited 360 and PS3 were backwards compatible for like the first year they were out, now who even notices, cares, or uses that feature? I can't remember the last time I played an Xbox original on my 360 or a PS2 game on my PS3. The good stuff they'll "remaster" and make an "HD remake" of, release it as a gold edition, and you'll buy it all over again. Like Windwaker. I have it already, I have the console that plays it, and I have a Wii which was backwards compatible to the Cube. I could have played it anytime I wanted. But they re-did it, gave it HD graphics, and despite the fact I had it and could play it on Wii whenever I wanted, I got it day 1 for the Wii U. Game makers and the console folks know this, so they know people will care until the next Halo or GTA comes out for the new consoles, then suddenly nobody will remember or care it wasn't backwards compatible and will buy it anyway.

The only real reason it's an irritation now is because neither console has any really great, distinguishing games for it.

Can I say I just love this post! I only bought the PS4 because my husband just had I have it. I wanted the infinity for the kids to play. We still have our ps3 so I may just break down and buy it for ps3 and start getting characters since they work with all of them.

I do agree about no distinguishing games. I swear every ps4 game is a shooting one and I wanted something a little bit more kid friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter