Disney in your Classroom

Guys! I need some help on how to decorate my classroom, is my first time!!!! pleaseeee:confused:

Do the Muppets count as Disney? My kids' school is on Sesame Street in Toronto, and a couple teachers have brought the theme into the classroom. I think it's a great idea.

Here are a few of my things.

This year's outside bulletin board has a Hollywood Studios influence.

August2010009.jpg

Inside to the left. This was at the beginning of school. It now has more Nemo character stickers around it, so it looks better.

August2010003.jpg

Epcot in the back.

August2010019.jpg

A touch of Magic Kingdom on my Math 'word wall'.
This is now full of Math words we put up as we get to each new concept.

August2010025.jpg

Animal Kingdom is represented by Rafiki and friends.
The top shelf has more animals on it now since our October trip and a few I got from the Nashville Zoo. It has an okapi, an elephant, a hippo, and something else that I can't recall right this second.

August2010029.jpg

August2010028.jpg

August2010026.jpg

Last year's hallway bulletin board.

classroom08-09006.jpg

See how cute Stitch is.

classroom08-09007.jpg

Jiminy Cricket shares phrases of friendship and good character.

classroom08-09005.jpg

Handy Manny teaches us Spanish words and phrases.

classroom08-09004.jpg

Chip and Dale keep us aware of the latest news.

classroom08-09002.jpg

Captain Hook adorns the homework board.

classroom08-09001.jpg

Mickey, in his role as Woody, spends the year rounding up good work.
The lasso was later fixed, by the way.

classroom08-09003.jpg

Some of my pins on my personal message board.
I use Disney pins as push pins to hold notices like bus duty, etc.
It makes my tasks more bearable. :)

classroom08-09009.jpg

All of these are holding up lots of notes now.

classroom08-09010.jpg

Surrounding myself with Disney touches helps me stay happy, and my students love it.

I absolutely love this thread! I am currently a substitute teacher (just graduated in May) but I love getting all of these awesome ideas for when I have my own classroom.

I'm a homeschooling mom, and I invested a few years ago in the Science of Disney Imagineering videos. These videos are designed for middle grade students and cover a variety of physical sciences (one zoology.) They're hosted by an imagineer, who uses the theme parks and cruise ships to demonstrate specific scientific principles. They're also light-hearted and fun, without being too cheesy or watered down.

My three kids have enjoyed them from middle school down to pre-school. It's been really fun to see how much the kids have absorbed, and Disney really did a great job on these! I use them as a supplement to our science books and regular experiments. I would definitely recommend these for other teachers/homeschoolers looking for a fun way to introduce or reinforce science. While I purchased the whole set, I know that my local library district carries these, so you might be able to enjoy them for free.

Hope everybody has a great school year! :cheer2:

bumping this thread. I am also the crazy Disney teacher. Mine is Mickey themed. I created my own Disney alphabet and used the cricuit machine to die cut lots of Mickey heads. I would add pictures but can't figure out how to insert them.

I teach 5th grade and every day I post the agenda for that day. At the bottom, I write a quote from a Disney movie character and ask what movie it is from. They find out the answer the next morning and get the next quote. They look forward to it each day.
Ex. "Keep moving forward." Which Disney movie?

I teach high school floral design and speech. I took pictures of the "dream builders" construction signs around disney last week, but other than that I'm not sure exactly what to do. Maybe just print quotes and pictures from movies? High school makes it more difficult.

I teach high school floral design and speech. I took pictures of the "dream builders" construction signs around disney last week, but other than that I'm not sure exactly what to do. Maybe just print quotes and pictures from movies? High school makes it more difficult.

I love that idea. It fits in so well with your subject area.

There's a ton of inspiring Walt Disney quotes you might consider using too. :thumbsup2

Oh I love this idea! I know the feeling though, I teach middle school and while the kids are still young, they've decided they're fully grown.

I posted these two things on my classroom door - one is a Karen Hallion card that depicts Rapunzel from Tangled getting into the Doctor Who Tardis. The other is from the Walt Disney Family Museum and has a quote about imagination. I forget what it is.

600851_10100494797009884_1028601509_n.jpg

I also have this poster, which you can download for free and print from Venspired.com.

37422f0572ffd1ac3908526b80d03873.jpg

I am also a Disney crazy teacher. I teach a pull out Talented and Gifted class for 3rd-6th grade. We call our room the Imagination Institute and Figment is our mascot. I would like to more Disney in my room, but with older kids it is harder.

Had another idea and wanted to share! Granted this auld probably work better for elementary students where this is one group of kids in the classroom but maybe I can make it happen. I always have problems remembering at the end of the day who was out and needs copies, an extra day for an assignment, etc. I know I can look on the online attendance thing, but I would forget because it's not something I can see that will remind me. Well I had the idea to make magnets that look like the CM badges and when kids come in they put their phones in the "cell phone parking lot" they also have to "clock in" by moving their magnet from out to in columns. Then at the end of the day I can look at the board and know.

Love this!! I teach third grade in NC and my room is always Disney themed!! It started with fish my first year teaching because blue is a calming color. Then I found some Finding Nemo wall decals and it spread from there.
My door has a quote from Walt's opening Disney Land, and an 8" Mickey Mouse cut out. "To all who come to this happy place, Welcome."
My back to school bulletin board has Walt Disney in the center, and traits of his that we should aspire to follow. Then around the outside of that are Walt quotes. For back to school meet the teacher night, I always have the kids wrote what they want to be when they grow up and put it around all of that.
This year for back to school in going to make an up board. I'll draw the house and attach a balloon for each student's name to the house with strings. I'm really excited about that one.
I use the little mini figure things for game pieces when we play games.
I'll see if I can figure out how to post pictures and I'll post some pictures.

I love the idea of using pins as push pins!

I teach first grade and I made a few pointers using antenna toppers. Basically I bought a dowel, put a cap on one end and shaved down the other end so i could cram it into the antenna topper. I love them!

Eureka has a new line of Disney classroom decorations. I went a little crazy at the teacher supply store - I think I bought everything!
One unit I do that I love is "Finding Science in Finding Nemo." The students research the coral reef and the creatures that appear in Finding Nemo. The animal adaptations are amazingly accurate in the movie. They create a presentation to the class on the animal they researched and its adaptations, and then we watch the movie and observe how the animals in the movie show the real life adaptations. They love it!

I introduced a new unit teaching theme to my fourth graders using Disney. We talked about Disney movies and watched Pixar Shorts before moving onto picture books and then chapter books. I also cut out these pictures and cut the theme separately and had the kids match as an independent activity later in the unit.
http://9gag.com/gag/4394507

This blog also has some great ideas oh using Pixar Shorts to teach reading strategies! http://technologyuptospeed.blogspot.com/2013/08/movie-shorts-and-reading-strategies.html

One more- If you can still find them, get pairs of those Mickey head paint samples from Home Depot. Laminate them and put them in a bag to make pairing students easy.

I love this! I'm halfway through college working towards my secondary math license and it's great to see so many great ideas for incorporating my Disney obsession into my future classroom!

I introduced a new unit teaching theme to my fourth graders using Disney. We talked about Disney movies and watched Pixar Shorts before moving onto picture books and then chapter books. I also cut out these pictures and cut the theme separately and had the kids match as an independent activity later in the unit.
http://9gag.com/gag/4394507

This blog also has some great ideas oh using Pixar Shorts to teach reading strategies! http://technologyuptospeed.blogspot.com/2013/08/movie-shorts-and-reading-strategies.html

One more- If you can still find them, get pairs of those Mickey head paint samples from Home Depot. Laminate them and put them in a bag to make pairing students easy.

I love the Pixar shorts and clips that can be used for teaching literary terms! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter