Disney just announced Star Wars Day at Sea for early 2017

I've been looking too--It's such a tease that they announce that it's 16 cruises, but not which ones!

I've been looking too--It's such a tease that they announce that it's 16 cruises, but not which ones!

Looking at a calendar with 16 cruises it looks like a majority of them will be SW. Early January to mid april is 16 weeks. Didn't realize it at first but now that I look there is a good chance ours is one, which is exciting!

Found it!!

"Star Wars Day at Sea will be on Disney Fantasy seven-night cruises sailing from Port Canaveral on Jan. 7, 14, 21, 28; Feb. 4, 11, 18, 25; March 4, 11, 18, 25; April 1, 8 and 15, 2017.
Departing Jan. 7, 21; Feb. 4, 18; March 4, 18; April 1 and 15, 2017, the western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; Grand Cayman and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay. Departing Jan. 14, 28; Feb. 11, 25; March 11, 25; and April 8, 2017, the eastern Caribbean itinerary includes Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay."

Found it!!

"Star Wars Day at Sea will be on Disney Fantasy seven-night cruises sailing from Port Canaveral on Jan. 7, 14, 21, 28; Feb. 4, 11, 18, 25; March 4, 11, 18, 25; April 1, 8 and 15, 2017.
Departing Jan. 7, 21; Feb. 4, 18; March 4, 18; April 1 and 15, 2017, the western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; Grand Cayman and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay. Departing Jan. 14, 28; Feb. 11, 25; March 11, 25; and April 8, 2017, the eastern Caribbean itinerary includes Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay."

This made my day, now to watch the prices sky rocket. This is also our honeymoon after our Disney wedding!!!! So excited!!!!!

I am also interested in whether it replaces pirate night or adds another night to it. I love Star Wars! I just wish my son could come but he'll be in college and not available the week DH and I are cruising.

Does this replace the Pirate Night and fireworks?

Pirate night still happens. BUT. No servers dressed up. No special menu. No fireworks. No buffet. SWDAS features the fireworks, buffet, and special menu (which is very good).

I think they will continue to do star wars cruises until about a year or two after the final release of the movie series. Either way, i need to get on one!

Pirate night still happens. BUT. No servers dressed up. No special menu. No fireworks. No buffet. SWDAS features the fireworks, buffet, and special menu (which is very good).

We were supposed to sail on SWDAS this past February but had to reschedule to next Feb. due to work. We were bummed about missing SWDAS, but now we are kind of glad that we will (presumptively) benefit from tweaks and adjustments for v2.0.

The servers not dressing up really puzzles me. I know there is a cost involved with making costumes for all the servers for only 16 cruises, but it sounds like the lack of costumes for the servers really let a lot of people down.

The costumes don't have to be super-ornate, or limit vision or mobility. I don't think anyone reasonably expects servers in Wookiee suits or Stormtrooper armor. But a Jedi costume, or desert outfit (Luke/Rey) should be relatively simple to make, and lightweight and unrestricting to wear.

We were supposed to sail on SWDAS this past February but had to reschedule to next Feb. due to work. We were bummed about missing SWDAS, but now we are kind of glad that we will (presumptively) benefit from tweaks and adjustments for v2.0.

The servers not dressing up really puzzles me. I know there is a cost involved with making costumes for all the servers for only 16 cruises, but it sounds like the lack of costumes for the servers really let a lot of people down.

The costumes don't have to be super-ornate, or limit vision or mobility. I don't think anyone reasonably expects servers in Wookiee suits or Stormtrooper armor. But a Jedi costume, or desert outfit (Luke/Rey) should be relatively simple to make, and lightweight and unrestricting to wear.

Even a Star Wars themed dress shirt would be something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter