Disney Layoff 7,000 As Embattled House Of Mouse Announces Restructure

popy

Mouseketeer

Disney Layoff 7,000 As Embattled House Of Mouse Announces Restructure​

look like , bad times ahead!

I was worried that this was the area that would be cut, and was happy to read they were not being cut.
Agree 100%. I am worried about the higher up management positions. I have a few friends that could be affected, nothing has been said to them so far. In a sense, that makes it worse.

If you want to start a proper discussion and want people to engage with you, it is custom to share the link. So you know everyone knows what you are talking about and has the same baseline.

Like in business and in life, make it as easy as possible for others to understand you.
Really did not want to do anything except let it be known.
as far a link, easy to do, give it try, as you said , very easy to understand. Might be a custom, but never nessary. After all it is just for fun. we are not in grade school here.

How about the ongoing negotiations with the CM unions. I'd love for front line CMs to get paid more but I'm also afraid of rising costs. Disney becoming too expensive is the biggest gripe that fans have. Not sure how they can balance the two.

Given all of the recent layoff announcements at Amazon, Twitter, and Google, this doesn't seem to be a Disney only phenomenon. They're doing what all big companies do when there's talk of a recession.

I don't think they have released details about how they are going to get to 7k. A good chuck may come from currently open positions that they leave unfilled permanently or from general attrition. With 170k employees, getting to 7k thru those two, less painful, measures might not be too hard. On the flip side, they really do want to shrink streaming and production costs so there will probably be some serious cuts there.

On the plus side, investors seem to now be pessimistic about streaming, but very optimistic about parks. So although the cuts are painful, there will be a focus on retaining CMS (and hopefully making some strategic investments).

All tech companies are going thru thru this. Wages have grown to fast for white color positions so it was bound to slow down

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter