• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic April 14 2014

Finally booked it, we knew we were going to, just a matter of actually doing it!!!! YAY- it's real!!!! Also got our hotel for after- staying at Animal Kingdom Villas until Sunday.

Yay! How exciting! I loved the Animal Kingdom park and area..will you be able to see animals from your room?

I just started looking at hotels...There are so many to choose from. Does anyone have suggestions? Not sure if we'll stay at a Disney resort or offsite..looks like some of the properties have fun pool areas. Is there a benefit to staying at a Disney hotel?

I do like that some hotels near the port offer discounted parking, but we might drive in from Orlando on the 14th.

Can't wait!! :)

Yay! How exciting! I loved the Animal Kingdom park and area..will you be able to see animals from your room?

I just started looking at hotels...There are so many to choose from. Does anyone have suggestions? Not sure if we'll stay at a Disney resort or offsite..looks like some of the properties have fun pool areas. Is there a benefit to staying at a Disney hotel?

I do like that some hotels near the port offer discounted parking, but we might drive in from Orlando on the 14th.

Can't wait!! :)

We did not get a savanna view room this time, we are DVC members, trying not to use too many of our points up. ;) theren are some benefits to staying on property- Extra magic hours, being able to book meals earlier, but it depends on your preference for all that. It's Spring Break time during then, so hotels will book up qicker, as will restaurants, so we will do it early. We are going to stay around the port on Sat/Sun nights. We have stayed at Radisson at the Port and Country Inn and Suites around the area, both were great hotels. Radisson has a great pool.

Hi Everyone,

We are booked on this cruise and looking forward to seeing the new Magic. I'm Ellen and cruising with me is my DH Kenny, DD Melanie and DD's friend Alexis. This will be our 9th Disney cruise. We were just on the Magic in July on a 12 night Med cruise.

Our plan is to drive down to Florida. We'll get to Orlando on Saturday, July 12th. We are staying at Pop Century. After the cruise we are heading back to Disneyworld and staying at Art of Animation. We'll start heading back home on Monday, the 21st.

We definitely want to participate in the FE.

Ellen

Hi Everyone,

We are booked on this cruise and looking forward to seeing the new Magic. I'm Ellen and cruising with me is my DH Kenny, DD Melanie and DD's friend Alexis. This will be our 9th Disney cruise. We were just on the Magic in July on a 12 night Med cruise.

Our plan is to drive down to Florida. We'll get to Orlando on Saturday, July 12th. We are staying at Pop Century. After the cruise we are heading back to Disneyworld and staying at Art of Animation. We'll start heading back home on Monday, the 21st.

Ellen
Welcome!!!!! We are driving also, from Maryland. Excited to see the renovated Magic also!!!

Hi Everyone,

Ellen

Welcome! I would love to hear more about your Med cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi Everyone,

Ellen

Welcome! We're flying in on the 11th for a couple of days at the parks before the cruise. We might stay at Art of Animation too..haven't decided yet. Looking forward to seeing all of the changes to the Magic. :)

Amy

Welcome!!!!! We are driving also, from Maryland. Excited to see the renovated Magic also!!!

Hi Nikki,

let's hope the drive down is traffic free.

it's about an 18 hour drive for us. We are going to start out on friday afternoon as soon as the girls get home from school. We'll sleep out and do the bulk of the driving on saturday. hope to get to disney late afternoon.

ellen

Welcome! I would love to hear more about your Med cruise!

Hi Amanda,

This was our second Med cruise with Disney. the first one we did in 2010 and it was a 10 night cruise. We decided to do another one because of the Greece/Turkey additions. We had a wonderful time. We went to the french coast, had two stops in italy, two stops in greece, turkey, and malta. we also had 4 sea days which were welcome breaks from the port days. We did not do any ship excursions and went with private guides. this way we could do more things and be on our own schedule. We think cruising is a great way to see many new places. it's tough to only have several hours in a country and there is always more that we want to do. but we make the best of it. it's a great way to preview a place and then we can decide to go back there to vacation. Plus it's always great to be on a disney ship.

if you have any specific questions, just let me know.

ellen

Welcome! We're flying in on the 11th for a couple of days at the parks before the cruise. We might stay at Art of Animation too..haven't decided yet. Looking forward to seeing all of the changes to the Magic. :)

Amy

Hi Amy,

thanks for the welcome.

We've stayed at AoA before in the little mermaid room. our family staying in the lion king suite. the rooms are very nicely decorated and the whole resort still has that new feel to it.

We usually stay at the value hotels on property since we spend most of our time at the parks.

ellen

Hi Nikki,

let's hope the drive down is traffic free.

it's about an 18 hour drive for us. We are going to start out on friday afternoon as soon as the girls get home from school. We'll sleep out and do the bulk of the driving on saturday. hope to get to disney late afternoon.

ellen

It's about 14 from us, we are leaving early Saturday morning- will get there Sat night. Next day, just gonna hang in Cape Canaveral, they have a good mini golf/gocart place. We will be hitting MK after the cruise.

Hi So excited! Just booked! can't wait. Now to keep all my browsers clear and email and facebook closed so we can try to surprise the kids!
My name is Ali and my husband is Adam. This will be our 5th Disney Cruise! But our first on the Magic. Our kids will be with us too. Logan (14) Colby (12) Turning 13 on the ship and my peanut Mason (6).

Hi So excited! Just booked! can't wait. Now to keep all my browsers clear and email and facebook closed so we can try to surprise the kids!
My name is Ali and my husband is Adam. This will be our 5th Disney Cruise! But our first on the Magic. Our kids will be with us too. Logan (14) Colby (12) Turning 13 on the ship and my peanut Mason (6).

Welcome! 5th cruise - y'all are going to have to show me the ropes! (Yes, I type the word "y'all"!)

Welcome! 5th cruise - y'all are going to have to show me the ropes! (Yes, I type the word "y'all"!)

HAHA.. thats cute. and of course. It would not let me private message you I wanted you to add our info.

It's about 14 from us, we are leaving early Saturday morning- will get there Sat night. Next day, just gonna hang in Cape Canaveral, they have a good mini golf/gocart place. We will be hitting MK after the cruise.

Y'all have to drive a lot further than we do. It is about 9 hours from Charlotte! We are going down Saturday...leave real early and hope to be there by late afternoon! We are staying at the Best Western. I bet that night the boys will swim and we will be in need of a drink by the pool!

Hi Ali. Welcome!

just curious.....where on Long Island do you reside? I live next door in Rockaway, Queens.

It's great that you are surprising your kids. Is the surprise the cruise or the whole trip to florida?

ellen

This is our 5th too, after this we are moving up to Gold!!!!:thumbsup2

Y'all have to drive a lot further than we do. It is about 9 hours from Charlotte! We are going down Saturday...leave real early and hope to be there by late afternoon! We are staying at the Best Western. I bet that night the boys will swim and we will be in need of a drink by the pool!

I wish I lived that close, of course it could be bad for my wallet if I did. We usually fly actually, but traveling during Spring Break- we figured the airfare would be "sky high"(pun intended) :rotfl: Trying to save money so we can rebook, maybe I should tell DH that, huh??? :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter