Disney Magic for Adults?

jenpooh

2002 Disney Bride
Ok, here's my dilema:

Boyfriend and I are going to Disney next month. We'll be staying at CSR for 10 days. He's 36, loves Goofy, has NEVER been to the world at all (he's never flown either, so this trip should be interesting!). I haven't been since I was in grade school. Trying to come up with little special things I can do to really kick off this trip. Budget is unfortunately small :( I've already gotten him a stuffed Goofy and some Disney Dollars.

I was also wondering.. we'll be there Sept. 7-16th.. his bday is Sept. 23rd.. do you think there's any chance I could get something special from the resort for this? Or will they only honor bdays that happen while you're on site?

Any ideas would be great. Thanks!

Go to city hall in the Magic Kingdom and tell them it's his birthday. They will give you a button that says "Today is my Birthday." I did this for some friends as their birthdays fell the week before and the week after our trip. They had a blast! CM's will sing happy birthday at the drop of a hat! It really made the trip special!

Cyn

Go to the Hallmark store in your area. They have a nice selection of Disney cards near
the 100th WDW Celebration Display. The cards are $1.99 each. I think I saw one with
Goofy on it. Buy your boyfriend a WDW themed card.

I am not sure if any Disney $$'s have a Goofy face on it - but if one does, get him one
of the $'s with Goofy and stick it in the card.

If you are staying onsite (WDW resort) call the resort and ask if they can get an
autographer picture of Goofy for your boyfriends birthday. I think they will do this for free.

have fun !

Remember - if you tell them it's his birthday, you're lying.

HOWEVER, if you say you're CELEBRATING his birthday, then you're OK with the ethics police! :cool:

Exactly!!! And we will be celebrating it, so I'm ok with the fibber police :)

dbcahill... saw on your sig that you've been to CS recently.. that's where we're staying in Sept., any advice?

Thanks again to everyone for the ideas, they're wonderful! :jester:

Hi 'Mrs. Joe' here, check out the post here (of 8/14 I think) of Secrets of WDW by Pegg. There are some really outstanding ideas (many of them at no cost so to speak) that will help add extra magic to your trip. I get a newsletter via email from All Ears that recently had some really great ideas for things in Epcot. Believe I saved it and will try to post some ideas from it tomorrow.

If your goal is Goofy I would also recommend Chef Mickey's at Contemporary Resort for a really fun character dinner. There is an interesting selection of food and desserts and the characters visited each table several times. Also, the price is reasonable (between $17 - 20 I think but you can check on wdwig.com for menus & most updated pricing) for an all inclusive meal. If you don't dine there you may also be able to visit with Goofy there anyway because last time we were there the characters often gathered in the entry area and lots of people were just walking over to get an autograph or photo but did not stay to dine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter