• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic In England, May 2020 to October 2021 Updates In First Post

Staying at an anchorage close to Dover wouldn't be all that different, but a lot cheaper, so I'd still consider that waiting it out "in" Dover

Not sure if you actually can sit out there at anchorage to be honest as its such a busy terminal in terms of cargo I feel it might not be possible but I don't know for sure

Not sure if you actually can sit out there at anchorage to be honest as its such a busy terminal in terms of cargo I feel it might not be possible but I don't know for sure
That's why I suggested the North Sea. There are anchorages there and it isn't that far. I doubt there is one in the Canal as that would indeed be too busy

Disney officially cancelled the Magic sailings through October 2.

I just saw. So sad..:( Was about to come here to say that we cancelled yesterday. I didn’t want to pay in full as had gut feeling it will be cancelled.. lost my onboard booking benefits but well well... it was too much money to pay even for 125% FCC.

edit: thought I’d posted in the cruise meet forum in BadPinkTink’s thread

Disney officially cancelled the Magic sailings through October 2.

Yep. The writing has been on the wall for a long time now but it's good that they finally made it official. We cancelled our Magic cruise before PIF date because just waiting for DCL to do it was too painful, but that still leaves flights, hotels, and tours to cancel. It's sad news, but not really unexpected. :(

It’s hardly a surprising with all the travel restrictions in Europe and the fact the Magic only came over to here to dry dock and bring crew home. I don’t know how anyone could realistically expect late European summer sailings to actually go ahead, given the situation and with no crew.

We were booked on the EBTA and the 7 night Russian in August and as much as I would have loved to cling onto the hope that we might sail, given the severity of the situation, it was never going to happen. We’re rebooked next summer and even then, unless there’s a vaccine, I’m not sure how cruising will work

Not a surprise but I was still hoping the WBTA would still happen as they have to get the ship back. I guess the two ports being cancelled was the final nail in the coffin. Now I need to decide what to change to! Just wish they had decided last week as spent a very early morning booking things lol

I think she hast to be underway to use her desalinators. Plus, she had been sitting for quite a while. It is probably useful to get her up and running fully now and then to make sure everything is operating correctly.

The Magic is now on the way back to Dover, after her day out in The English Channelmay 9.jpg

well its time to update this post.

The Disney Magic has completed the summer 2021 UK staycation cruises and has now stated the transatlantic crossing with no passengers. According to shipmapper, The Magic is on the way to Ponta Delgado.

After a very successful summer season in The UK, its interesting reading back on this thread.

Monday 4 October 2021
Depart London Tilbury
At Sea - Atlantic Ocean
Destination Ponta Delgada

Tuesday 5 October 2021
At Sea - Atlantic Ocean

Wednesday 6 October 2021
At Sea - Atlantic Ocean

Update on The Magics Transatlantic Journey

Thursday 7 October 2021
At Sea - Atlantic Ocean

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter