• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

Do you have to finish the NBC side quests before they are available to use in the tower challenge?

Hi guys,
I am getting back into the game after about a year of not playing, and I am catching up. Right now, I'm close to having enough gems to get a premium character. Who would be more helpful: Davy Jones or Flower? I see Davy Jones is the only character with tasks that give the fabric for Minnie's Pirate costume, but other than that, how useful is he in the game versus other premium characters?

Less than one day in and we already have all of the mayor's megaphones. But then, we've been here before, haven't we? :rolleyes:

Looks like this tower event is geared towards medium duration players. Those who may have been playing for a while and don't have everything yet. Probably have frontier land open for example. Long term players are just here for the Mayor and leveling up existing characters. New players might get a new character or attraction.

At least we have 90th birthday Mickey content to look forward to. More useless costumes and an attraction that won't fit anywhere. Could be neat to see the PotC characters board Willie and Donalds House and have a sea battle.

Less than one day in and we already have all of the mayor's megaphones. But then, we've been here before, haven't we? :rolleyes:

Yep. And nothing to do but play it out if we want the mayor. I've got another one of my pirates upgrading to level 10 right now, with one more to go. And I have 3 LM characters who are waiting their turn, too. So in that sense I'm very ok with a lull in the game.

I’m a newish player. I got Jack in the event start’s platinum chest. I really don’t care about getting the mayor, not a NBC fan.

I don’t have Alladin or Mad Hatter.

Not really sure what I’m trying to get in this tower challenge. I guess Jack’s house?

My highest level character is lvl 7 Prince Chrming. I’ve just been putting him and Jack in the tower and that’s it.

I literally started the game last week, so I'm probably not gonna get much. Been throwing in my Level 5 Woody and my Level 4 Charming and that's pretty much it. Maybe getting Woody to 6 this week. I'm hopinh to save up for Jack - already cross the 1000 Maleficent Coin mark - but it's going to be slowing down a lot from here, especially with Tink being my only character who can get refreshers.

finally finished the NBC quests so can use them in the Tower Battle (last one was 2nd time Jack and Oogie have a task) ... I am ranked pretty low in the rankings for points (like 450th place) - I think I got into a competitive board as a lot of people have over 20k already, and top 50 is above 11k

finally finished the NBC quests so can use them in the Tower Battle (last one was 2nd time Jack and Oogie have a task) ... I am ranked pretty low in the rankings for points (like 450th place) - I think I got into a competitive board as a lot of people have over 20k already, and top 50 is above 11k

Me, too. My board is ridiculous. When I started yesterday there were already people with 6,000+ points. Now the top person is over 18K. Crazy.

Me, too. My board is ridiculous. When I started yesterday there were already people with 6,000+ points. Now the top person is over 18K. Crazy.

only thing I can think of is they used gems to speed up the TNBC tasks so they hard larger groups battling earlier or something

Yeah, my board is kinda crazy also. The top 2 in mine are over 16K. I’m currently 168th with a little over 9K. Have found that I really jump around a lot though. On one collect yesterday I went from around 500 to around 100.

I kinda wish that the Tower Event didn’t offer anyone new and were basically aimed at giving newer players the ability to potentially get characters/attractions from events before they ever began. I’d prefer 15 “boring” days with nothing much to do, than collect for 2 weeks so I can eventually get the mayor. :confused3

Could someone help me clarify a quick question:

A newish player is doing the tower challenge.

He has none of the earnable characters- Jack, Aladdin, or Mad Hatter.
He wants Aladdin more than all.
Can he work the tower, complete chapter 1, not buy Jack, and put the event currency earned towards Aladdin and get him right away?

I want to be sure that he doesn't need to buy Jack in order to be able to buy Aladdin

I just got jack and only have 2 megaphones. I’m not sure if I’ll be getting the mayor or not. I didn’t realize I could use jack for the tower challenge so I’ll have to wait 2 hours to put him in. I only have Pete so that’s slowing me down

only thing I can think of is they used gems to speed up the TNBC tasks so they hard larger groups battling earlier or something

I was thinking that, too. That's the only way to be at 6K one hour into the thing. Unless they are cheating somehow. In any event, I don't get why anyone would find it worth it for the rewards. Just odd.

Yeah, my board is kinda crazy also. The top 2 in mine are over 16K. I’m currently 168th with a little over 9K. Have found that I really jump around a lot though. On one collect yesterday I went from around 500 to around 100.

I kinda wish that the Tower Event didn’t offer anyone new and were basically aimed at giving newer players the ability to potentially get characters/attractions from events before they ever began. I’d prefer 15 “boring” days with nothing much to do, than collect for 2 weeks so I can eventually get the mayor. :confused3

I look at it as something like 10 days. Last one I really wanted C. Robin and got him instant his items were available since I had plenty of EC and we were boarding the cruise ship that day and I didn't want to play anymore. So you can still have around 5 days of boredom if you choose. :P

Can he work the tower, complete chapter 1, not buy Jack, and put the event currency earned towards Aladdin and get him right away?

I want to be sure that he doesn't need to buy Jack in order to be able to buy Aladdin

I'm so far into the game I don't have much advice, but since Jack helps with the tower it might be useful to have him. I do think it's possible to just save up EC for what you want in any case.

I just got jack and only have 2 megaphones. I’m not sure if I’ll be getting the mayor or not. I didn’t realize I could use jack for the tower challenge so I’ll have to wait 2 hours to put him in. I only have Pete so that’s slowing me down

Glad you were able to get Jack and I wouldn't give up hope now that you have him. :)

That's nothing. Top person on my board has over 500,000. Yep you read that right. They have over half a mill. Pretty sure it's a hack job but not sure what to do with it. Removing them would only move me to 468 with my lowly 8500ish points :headache:

I would think so - you can choose when to use the EC you get, not like they disappear once the next stage begins. And I know in the past people said they were able to go back and get the item from the first stage even after the 2nd stage started so I dodn't see why you wouldn't be able to get Aladdin without first getting Jack

That's nothing. Top person on my board has over 500,000. Yep you read that right. They have over half a mill. Pretty sure it's a hack job but not sure what to do with it. Removing them would only move me to 468 with my lowly 8500ish points :headache:

that's insane! And, I mean, to each their own, but if you hack a game that badly, what it he point? What are you really achieving?

They are all separate. I think in past events you could purchase things backwards as well, just not forwards in the game. You should be able to get them both. I'm just earning EC and waiting it out. If I have enough for the mayor, I'll get him, but I'm more interested in the other stuff. I'm not purchasing a single mayor-item until maybe the end.

Had a super lucky morning... I really wanted that Cobra backpack stand, so bought 1 chest and I got a Genie Lamp stand... cool because I didn't have one before...
Next I tried again, and got a Alice Cookie stand... and again feeling good because I was missing that stand also... I've never bought concession stands during events before so I'm glad I got them now for half the price...
Then I tried a final magical chest, and I got the Cobra backpack stand... WOW... I didn't even get one set of character tokens in the chests... So 90 gems for 3 new concession stands is pretty awesome...

Last edited:

I'm sure you'll have enough to buy all the earnable characters and attractions, if you skip the Mayor's tokens. So you definitely need to buy Jack first because he helps with the currency... and then once you get Aladdin, work him nonstop to get enough to buy Mad Hatter... And near the end of the event, all the leftovers go toward the 3 attractions... I think that is a good strategy...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter