Disney Magic Kingdoms

I'm sure you caught the earlier post which shared their lame attempt at covering why they haven't opened new plots of land, but here it is again:

“Hi Robin! Thanks so much for your feedback! We certainly do not want you to feel ignored! Please know that providing you with more land is always a top priority for us. However, unlocking land can impact game performance, and we want to make sure we do it right. We are always looking for ways to optimize Disney Magic Kingdoms while giving you and other players exciting new content and events. Although we haven't opened more land in this update, we are looking for ways to do so in the future! Finally, the gifts you're referring to will be going out later today to all affected users. Hope this clears things up!”

Let's face it, @mikegood2... if it was REALLY an issue with figuring out how to open a new plot of land, how the hell have they been successful at it thus far? Granted this is the only phone app game I play, but somehow I doubt that this game has the largest playable board out there. And while I'm not a programmer either, how different is game play setup really by unshading a new area and making it available? Plus, don't even get me started on the whole "make sure we're doing it right" nonsense.

Overall, hope now we all see why I started the whole "intern" thing years ago. This game is built upon repetition, and yet there are bugs and glitches galore with each new roll-out. Why not get actual programmers to build the game and then have your interns play it to test for bugs BEFORE you release the latest content.

"Although we haven't opened more land in this update, we are looking for ways to do so in the future!" Really Gameloft? Here's a damn thought... how about going back and see how you did it the LAST time, and just do that again. Not rocket science. Idiots.
It's completely their scapegoat. They are full of it. As you said, this game is built upon repetition and might I add reputation as well. The "interns" definitely keep up with their reputation by repetition. The events are obviously their money makers. If they continue not giving out land and listening to a lot of our concerns, then I believe the game will lose quite a lot of players. We are all smart enough to not believe the shenanigans they always tell us.

You do seem to love that rolling happy face, huh? Be careful not to be branded as a one-trick pony, sir. ;)

:rotfl2: How dare you sir! I'm a two-trick pony. ;-)

I would like to use :rotfl2: more often, but it messes up line spacing and as a graphic designer, it bugs the **** out of me. On the other hand :rotfl: fits nicely on a line of text.

Seriously though, yeah I’m aware that I use :rotfl: far more often than I should. Just have had bad experience with people not being able to spot obvious sarcasm and an emoji tends to clear that up with some people. I’ve actually lost alliance members in games I’ve played in the past, because they were unable to understand sarcasm. Even got a few day suspension from a message board, because I was being “mean” to someone, when I was obviously joking around. The mod even told me he knew that, but it was board policy and If I had used an emoji, they I woulda avoided being suspended.

Seriously though, yeah I’m aware that I use :rotfl: far more often than I should. Just have had bad experience with people not being able to spot obvious sarcasm and an emoji tends to clear that up with some people. I’ve actually lost alliance members in games I’ve played in the past, because they were unable to understand sarcasm. Even got a few day suspension from a message board, because I was being “mean” to someone, when I was obviously joking around. The mod even told me he knew that, but it was board policy and If I had used an emoji, they I woulda avoided being suspended.
Yeah, I can kind of relate to this myself actually. Shocking, I know.

I'm sure you caught the earlier post which shared their lame attempt at covering why they haven't opened new plots of land, but here it is again:

“Hi Robin! Thanks so much for your feedback! We certainly do not want you to feel ignored! Please know that providing you with more land is always a top priority for us. However, unlocking land can impact game performance, and we want to make sure we do it right. We are always looking for ways to optimize Disney Magic Kingdoms while giving you and other players exciting new content and events. Although we haven't opened more land in this update, we are looking for ways to do so in the future! Finally, the gifts you're referring to will be going out later today to all affected users. Hope this clears things up!”

Let's face it, @mikegood2... if it was REALLY an issue with figuring out how to open a new plot of land, how the hell have they been successful at it thus far? Granted this is the only phone app game I play, but somehow I doubt that this game has the largest playable board out there. And while I'm not a programmer either, how different is game play setup really by unshading a new area and making it available? Plus, don't even get me started on the whole "make sure we're doing it right" nonsense.

Overall, hope now we all see why I started the whole "intern" thing years ago. This game is built upon repetition, and yet there are bugs and glitches galore with each new roll-out. Why not get actual programmers to build the game and then have your interns play it to test for bugs BEFORE you release the latest content.

"Although we haven't opened more land in this update, we are looking for ways to do so in the future!" Really Gameloft? Here's a damn thought... how about going back and see how you did it the LAST time, and just do that again. Not rocket science. Idiots.

Everyone on Facebook is complaining about not receiving the Mulan rewards described in the letter to users. Game loft finally answered one person with this reply about more land and the Mulan gifts for the comfy outfit:

They really need to spellcheck better. They misspelled monetize!

Yep, I saw your earlier post and actually fixed one of the interns spelling errors for them.

Agree with your view on opening up new land. It really feels like they are tap dancing around the issue. Also not a programmer, but if unlocking land can impact the performance of the game why did they include it in the first place? I have trouble believing that a locked piece of land, which is already there, would take up many more resources just to unlock it.

If I could just get the last two hair feathers for Anastasia, I'll have everyone (but that dumb cricket) max'ed out before the event starts tomorrow.

Part of the reason I wanted the event to start in a few weeks. I’d like to be in the exact place as you are, and feel like I “finished” the game, minus Cri-Kee, before the next event adds more characters.

Currently have Vanelope on her 24 hour MAX

Cri-Kee: 3
The Mayor - 9 (need 2 badges)
Anastasia - 8 (need 2 more feathers)
Drizella - 9 (need 13 ear hats)

Yep, I saw your earlier post and actually fixed one of the interns spelling errors for them.
Missed that one! Must have gotten caught up when I hadn't checked in for a bit and suddenly there were three new pages of stuff.

Part of the reason I wanted the event to start in a few weeks. I’d like to be in the exact place as you are, and feel like I “finished” the game, minus Cri-Kee, before the next event adds more characters.

Currently have Vanelope on her 24 hour MAX
Mine just finished at 1pm, so WiR characters are done.

As for the Mayor, you might want to consider just biting the bullet and buying the last two badges, especially since they aren't the pricier ear hats. It doesn't sound like we'll be needing our elixir this time around either (what the heck??) and 1,600 to just wrap the little guy up might be worth one or two less gray hairs from yet another round of empty collecting.

Okay, so I feel like this land thing is never going to be resolved, so is it best to just store some buildings that no longer give you tokens? Is that the best way to go about it? Because I do like getting the magic of said buildings, so if anyone has thoughts, please share.

Yup, that is what I did - put away about 14 or so buildings - actually was nice and gave me more room to rearrange what I had left to put themes together more

Once I broke the seal of putting a few away it made it much easier to do more and I like my park better now (dang you interns!)

Yup, that is what I did - put away about 14 or so buildings - actually was nice and gave me more room to rearrange what I had left to put themes together more

Once I broke the seal of putting a few away it made it much easier to do more and I like my park better now (dang you interns!)
I’m not as far as you guys but I have two attractions put away because they do nothing for my park. One is the finkelstein tower and I can’t remember the other one. It doesn’t bother me at all

I’m not as far as you guys but I have two attractions put away because they do nothing for my park. One is the finkelstein tower and I can’t remember the other one. It doesn’t bother me at all

I've had all the Nightmare before Christmas stuff neatly fit into one corner of California Adventureland since that event and so really have just left them alone since

Sally as an activity with the Finkelstein Tower for an item for the Mayor (not sure if you have him though)

Missed that one! Must have gotten caught up when I hadn't checked in for a bit and suddenly there were three new pages of stuff.

Mine just finished at 1pm, so WiR characters are done.

As for the Mayor, you might want to consider just biting the bullet and buying the last two badges, especially since they aren't the pricier ear hats. It doesn't sound like we'll be needing our elixir this time around either (what the heck??) and 1,600 to just wrap the little guy up might be worth one or two less gray hairs from yet another round of empty collecting.

Congrats on finishing WiR! Mine will be done in the morning.

I’ve considered that with the Mayor, but I’ve always had someone to level or nearly ready to level the last few days. When I have an opening I will buy 1 or 2 if necessary.

Haven’t bought Carousel of Progress yet, and not sure if there is any reason to. Unless it collects items for P&tF?

Currently have:
56K Elixir
12M magic
1088 gems

I've had all the Nightmare before Christmas stuff neatly fit into one corner of California Adventureland since that event and so really have just left them alone since

Sally as an activity with the Finkelstein Tower for an item for the Mayor (not sure if you have him though)
I don’t have sally or the mayor

Got reflections of China in the chest and have nowhere to put it. Need a little more magic to his 3m to open another plot. Now I understand your guys complaining about the land. Haven’t ran into this issue yet lol

Hooray for you - what a great prize!

Congrats on finishing WiR! Mine will be done in the morning.

I’ve considered that with the Mayor, but I’ve always had someone to level or nearly ready to level the last few days. When I have an opening I will buy 1 or 2 if necessary.

Haven’t bought Carousel of Progress yet, and not sure if there is any reason to. Unless it collects items for P&tF?

Currently have:
56K Elixir
12M magic
1088 gems
As you said, unless it helps with P&tF, Carousel of Progress has been 100% useless. I will know better by tomorrow, I guess.

Completed WiR and wound up getting my final two feathers. Started Anastasia just before 3:30 so I'm out of luck on welcoming anyone before then. Not that I expect to (outside of the gem character that should be instant access once the gem purchase is made.

I don't want to brag, or make people feel sad or jealous, but I decided I should share that I received this gorgeous antler topiary decoration in my platinum chest this morning. It really made my day to get something so rare and special, especially when there are THREE dumb attractions I could have received instead. I can't even explany just how happy this made Merlin. :rolleyes1

Yeah, it took me forever to finally store some things and get rid of a lot of the decorations I had out. I'm very much into having a nice-looking, organized park, and it's been killing me to have to rearrange some areas. I have the Omnidroid thing put away as well as Jet Packs. Might be one more, but I can't remember. I want to keep out the attractions I know and love along with anything that drops tokens or trophies. I actually feel lucky in that I never buy any of the premium attractions, so I know I have less to deal with than others. The lack of land certainly isn't enticing me to buy anything in the future either- food for thought for the interns.

Are you reading this, interns? I keep saying that I'm happy to not spend gems on stuff I don't have room for and here it is again. Really dumb move to ask people to pay for stuff that they can't even keep in their park isn't it?

I’m going to have to store some stuff but I can’t decide what. Quite frankly just too lazy to try and figure out what combination would give me the most magic while also freeing up space :rolleyes2

Yeah, I hate this. I keep things together by movie for the most part. I just figured if I went for this giant monstrosity then I wouldn't have to think too much about it. I'm not in the mood to rearrange my entire park since clearly I'll have to keep doing it every few weeks.

I don't want to brag, or make people feel sad or jealous, but I decided I should share that I received this gorgeous antler topiary decoration in my platinum chest this morning. It really made my day to get something so rare and special, especially when there are THREE dumb attractions I could have received instead. I can't even explany just how happy this made Merlin. :rolleyes1

WHAT!!!

You’ve made me so mad, I’m tempted to delete the game right now! The antler topiary might as well be called the unicorn topiary, because I always though it was a myth. And just think all I got from my platinum chest yesterday was a stupid Steamboat Willie attraction. Kinda makes me sick to my stomach thinking about how bad my luck was. I would offer you a trade, but I don’t want to insult you like that.

@supernova Notice anything missing from my post? Hope people are able to decide how serious I am, or am not, being.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter