Disney Magic Kingdoms

Does anyone know if bonus chests are still a thing?
post-update it doesn’t look like it. I opened 4 chests that were in storage and didn’t get the pop up. Just found my first chest in the wild too which opens immediately which means zero use for the vault. So I’m fairly confident they are gone for good.

Did I read earlier that a gem refund was going to happen for those opening the pedestals?

And my kid did it again, been saving gems from the character purchase bundles and everything else like leveling characters etc., I had over 200, let my daughter use the phone to watch YouTube, stupid me for unlocking it for her when she now has her daddy’s phone as her own, wouldn’t give a 4 year old a phone but have no clue what else to do with it since I just signed a new 18 month contract for the thing a month ago to get daddy a new
phone and he passed away 2 weeks later, and she has a tablet, I know she went and used the gems to open chests, but no clue yet what she did with the rest since I only have 9 left again, she even turns the sound off on my phone so I can’t hear game sounds and know what she’s doing so I can catch her, there goes buying gem rides again anytime soon

Yes. I just got one after opening a chest found in the Park. Also, the rewards have more tokens in them. Two bronze chests... one had Huey ears, and the other had a Hei Hei token. So there’s that. 🤷‍♀️

Have you tried concession farming yet? If you have the space (or can afford the magic to purchase a cheaper section), it's a good idea to set out every magic dropping concession that you own. It's especially helpful if you can group them together by type. You can then collect each group as the timers expire. There are concessions that drop faster than most attractions. I've been playing for a while and still have a small farm.

The non-event character bundles (like Boo, Maximus, King Louie, and Lady Tremaine) are available continuously. The interns are still trying to convince me that I have to purchase those characters.

Another tip for you (please learn from my mistake): Don't place attractions on the edge of an expensive section of land. I was trying to maximize my space, so I put the Princess Fairytale Hall next to the 3 million section by Small World. Guess what I now own? I clicked "purchase land" accidentally when I was trying to collect that stupid hall.
I put everything out with magic and atm only have decorations stored that I might want to use later, after buying all the Snow White chests, still need one more dwarf but that can wait until it comes around again, I bought 5 times so I was done this round, my gabby thought it was funny when I made an annoyed sound every time we got some crap bench, organ or queens throne and eventually was laughing hysterically at me getting more mad, at least my angry faces and getting mad at the game made her laugh again, so worth the money just for that, after buying all the chests, I was finally able to buy the 150,000 piece of land but I think the Snow White things I got will fill that right away and was left with like 3,500 magic after so it’ll be a bit before I can start leveling the higher level characters again, and I know my daughter is going to find someway to click to do the update on me even though I’m trying to wait

And my kid did it again, been saving gems from the character purchase bundles and everything else like leveling characters etc., I had over 200, let my daughter use the phone to watch YouTube, stupid me for unlocking it for her when she now has her daddy’s phone as her own, wouldn’t give a 4 year old a phone but have no clue what else to do with it since I just signed a new 18 month contract for the thing a month ago to get daddy a new
phone and he passed away 2 weeks later, and she has a tablet, I know she went and used the gems to open chests, but no clue yet what she did with the rest since I only have 9 left again, she even turns the sound off on my phone so I can’t hear game sounds and know what she’s doing so I can catch her, there goes buying gem rides again anytime soon

Honestly at this point your best bet is to delete this game from all your devices and never look back! I know you’ve already invested a considerable amount of money in it over a short period of time, but all it’s gonna do is suck more and more money out of you. Maybe you can contact your App Store and see if they can refund some of your purchase as accidental spending? The developers are preying on new players like you and many other players, by trying to suck as much money out of us as the can. This game and many of the recent changes are designed to get people to spend money on characters that will become worthless over time.

Last edited:
Seriously this attraction enhancement is complete and utter 🤬 Luckily I’m at the point where it really doesn’t impact me much, but if your a new player your 🤬. I don’t thing the idea of adding levels to get a shot at additional items is a bad idea, but this is NOTHING BUT A MONEY GRAB!!! It 🤬 looks like they removed items from attractions that use to have them and you have to level them to 2 or 3 to get items that you were able to get yesterday. Now if you could just send characters out and collect items to level attractions is would still be 🤬, but not terrible. But no these 🤬 only let bronze chests (20%) or buy 🤬 chest you can only buy with gems.

Other than that everything else is :thumbsup2

* let’s play a game. If anyone who can guess what I meant to say with those 6 emojis, they might win a prize. :rotfl:

Seriously this attraction enhancement is complete and utter 🤬 Luckily I’m at the point where it really doesn’t impact me much, but if your a new player your 🤬. I don’t thing the idea of adding levels to get a shot at additional items is a bad idea, but this is NOTHING BUT A MONEY GRAB!!! It 🤬 looks like they removed items from attractions that use to have them and you have to level them to 2 or 3 to get items that you were able to get yesterday. Now if you could just send characters out and collect items to level attractions is would still be 🤬, but not terrible. But no these 🤬 only let bronze chests (20%) or buy 🤬 chest you can only buy with gems.

* let’s play a game. If anyone who can guess what I meant to say with those 6 emojis, they might win a prize. :rotfl:

Ooh, I love mad libs! Let's see...

horseradish, dancing, jumping , enchanting, burger stands, duckie

My game before I got to the bottom of your post was to play mad-libs! It was quite fun filling in the blanks!! :tongue:

Well it said it put away 5 things but I can’t figure out what and not going to try. I don’t care. Lol only good thing with no land to put it on I got Bambi’s forest rink from my platinum chest.

I downloaded the update. You get a pop up message that Merlin charges twice the amount of elixirs. Also, the happiness enchantment, which used to last 3 days now only lasts 24 hours and it is over 600 elixir. So huge change here. More costly and you have to do this more frequently.
That's been 24 hours for the past few weeks, at least since they changed the speed of the diminishing happiness. Never bothered using it until now, so I can't say before how it originally started out.

I unfortunately did the update ... it popped up with a message saying 18 of my decorations were resized and put back into inventory! They no longer fit where they were before so now have to either send them to Merlin or rearrange my park to fit them. Not impressed. They should have made them smaller not larger!
One person noted that the NBC concessions got smaller (I think those were 6x6, while all other concessions were 5x5).

However!!!! The Incredibles statues went from being 3x3 to 5x5! 9 squares to 25 squares. Good thing there is no space/land issues in this game, right @mikegood2 !
At this point, why would you even have statues or any other decorations out?

Just take the game away from your daughter and find something less complex for her to play. It'll save you (and us) a ton of stress.

Last edited:
Mickey's house went from 1min 6secs to at least 2 hours. So much for easy Pixar ball collections. Hope Woody is still cranking them out every 60 seconds.

Last edited:
post-update it doesn’t look like it. I opened 4 chests that were in storage and didn’t get the pop up. Just found my first chest in the wild too which opens immediately which means zero use for the vault. So I’m fairly confident they are gone for good.
Yes, they still exist. Just found two and they opened right away, and as usual in the evening, I received my video-for-bronze chest bonus.

Why not just create a guest profile and lock the game behind this wall? And next time you hand your phone to your daughter, log out of your main account and put the phone in guest mode.

Finally figured where most of the gems went, gabby went and bought the 3rd chest spit for 150 gems, nice time to do it, huh? I’m trying to wait as long as I can to update the game so I guess not getting those back anytime soon, I wonder if they’re going to give any of the happiness back for all the spots I bought to store the chests

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter