Disney Magic Kingdoms

Hi all. I have just started playing this game a few days ago, and came across this thread, which has been very helpful. I'm so excited I found the game just in time for Aladdin, my favourite!

Should I be hoarding silver/gold chests for during the event? Will they give out useful stuff for it? Sorry if this is a silly question, it's my first event so I'm not really sure what to expect...!

Hi all. I have just started playing this game a few days ago, and came across this thread, which has been very helpful. I'm so excited I found the game just in time for Aladdin, my favourite!

Should I be hoarding silver/gold chests for during the event? Will they give out useful stuff for it? Sorry if this is a silly question, it's my first event so I'm not really sure what to expect...!

Welcome!! I'm new to the thread here as well. That is a good question. I actually have only been opening Bronze chests and I'm saving two silver chests for that reason as well. I would hope that the chests would have a good chance of having items needed for the Aladdin characters after the event starts!

I also just finished gathering all the items to unlock Sulley from Monsters Inc., but I'm going to wait until after the event to add him to the park. I need to save magic for Aladdin! haha

Just make sure you get past opening California screamin'. That is usually a prerequisite to playing a timed event. Welcome!

Thanks for the welcomes :) I've unlocked California Screamin' (I've not long welcomed Sarge, now need to level him and Prince Charming up again) so hopefully I can participate fully. I've also being trying to save up some Magic but it's not going very well...!

No update here yet. Does it usually roll out by time zone or something? Or does it seem to be random?

I know it's been mentioned a bunch of times, but I just can't seem to find it in the threads... how do I go about re-opening the same gold chest? I'm playing on an iPhone.

The silver chest should include some character tokens, and the broze chest should have some of the common tokens that each character needs, for example, toy story characters all need the common 'pixar ball' token.

Not sure. I had the update this morning at 9 a.m. and I'm CST. I'm not sure when the actual event will start either.

I got mine this morning, too. The welcome screen changed, bundle screen changed, Aladdin characters added to the storybook and the chest cards changed color. That's what I've found so far.

Since the update is out, I'm going to be expecting the event to start either tomorrow or next Thursday.

I also just finished gathering all the items to unlock Sulley from Monsters Inc., but I'm going to wait until after the event to add him to the park. I need to save magic for Aladdin! haha

The Aladdin event won't likely use magic, there is usually a special event currency.

Also got the update earlier this morning. I do like that they added the bundles button, even though they don't have any now, to the shop page. The shop page also looks cleaner with 9 buttons now, 3 rows and 3 columns. It's not like 8 buttons bothered me or anything, but the 9 buttons makes it cleaner and symmetrical.

The one change I do find annoying, and they have done this the last few updates, is the reordering of the characters tabs. Now we have to scroll all the way to the bottom to get to the Lion King characters. Luckily, I've got all those characters max leveled, except for Scar, who's at level 8 and I should be leveling up to 9 this evening.I do like the fact that they still put the newest character tabs, in this case Aladdin, at the very top though.

No update here yet. Does it usually roll out by time zone or something? Or does it seem to be random?

I have the update now. Not sure when it arrived for me, but I had forgotten that last time I had to go into the app store updates area to get it. I'm on iOS.

Hoping it's not tomorrow. I need more time to get all the needed character tokens so I can only collect Aladdin stuff.

I would think if it was beginning tomorrow they would have said so in the livestream. Usually we have a heads up about the date. I'm thinking (and hoping) maybe next week.

Also, for anyone who has had to put in a ticket to Gameloft, how long was it before you received your email with your ticket number. I placed a ticket two weeks ago, and then a second one a week ago and still don't even have a confirmation ticket number :badpc:

Is there any rhyme or reason to when you get platinum chests? I just got one a few days ago that gave me Zootopia racers and then I got another platinum chest today. Don't know what's in that one yet.

That's what I was thinking. I was hoping to get all my characters maxed out before the next event, oh well. Still have Scar-9, Alien-6 and Bagheera-1 to finish up.

I was trying to get a few of my level 9 characters up to 10 before it starts. Aurora has a couple hours left. Then I was going to level another one to 10... but now I'm afraid to because I don't know if I will need that character or the space in the castle to level up/welcome someone tomorrow morning. I can't think...Do we usually need to "welcome" the first character of an event in the castle/storybook?

Also, any thoughts on characters that should be level 10 (if possible) for events? I have about 10 characters that are sitting at level 9. Most others are at 6, 7, or 8 except for those I've acquired more recently.
I leveled up Aurora because I know she has a level 10 task with Phillip (also level 10) for Bagheera tokens. Other useful level 10 characters?

No update yet here in the Netherlands... So I don't think the event will start tomorrow (Thursday) as it's already 9.40pm. We'll have to wait until next week!

I was trying to get a few of my level 9 characters up to 10 before it starts. Aurora has a couple hours left. Then I was going to level another one to 10... but now I'm afraid to because I don't know if I will need that character or the space in the castle to level up/welcome someone tomorrow morning. I can't think...Do we usually need to "welcome" the first character of an event in the castle/storybook?

Also, any thoughts on characters that should be level 10 (if possible) for events? I have about 10 characters that are sitting at level 9. Most others are at 6, 7, or 8 except for those I've acquired more recently.
I leveled up Aurora because I know she has a level 10 task with Phillip (also level 10) for Bagheera tokens. Other useful level 10 characters?
It seems like we usually have to earn items first before getting the 1st character so you should have a little time. Before now I have always had all my characters at 10 when a new event started so I have never run across the issue of needing to level up an old character to help get a new one. Sorry I cant help with that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter