Disney Magic Kingdoms

So, it has been a while since I last posted here. My saved game got wiped a month before the Aladdin event, and after all the delayed replies from Gameloft support and unsuccessful recovery of my saved game, I had to start the game from scratch a few days before the start of Aladdin with 200 something gems. It was definitely tough (lack of characters to produce the event currency, didn't even have Buzz for the duration of the event), but I think I did pretty good... got as far as the two costumes without the premium characters.
Right now, I'm at 203,004 magic and 748 gems, battling Zurg. So hopefully I can open up Fantasyland and have Minnie ready before the start of the Alice event... :)
That's pretty ridiculous. Seems that Gameloft can respond to small issues. But when it comes to the big stuff, sorry to hear that they missed the mark in the service department!

So, it has been a while since I last posted here. My saved game got wiped a month before the Aladdin event, and after all the delayed replies from Gameloft support and unsuccessful recovery of my saved game, I had to start the game from scratch a few days before the start of Aladdin with 200 something gems. It was definitely tough (lack of characters to produce the event currency, didn't even have Buzz for the duration of the event), but I think I did pretty good... got as far as the two costumes without the premium characters.
Right now, I'm at 203,004 magic and 748 gems, battling Zurg. So hopefully I can open up Fantasyland and have Minnie ready before the start of the Alice event... :)
Holy moly! I'm surprised you decided to start over, I would be fighting Gameloft for recovering my game if I were you because I definitely wouldn't want to start over after all that work! Props to you for doing so!!

Does anyone else find it annoying that they don’t announce a date when they do updates? Is keeping it a secret supposed to build the anticipation? If so, doesn’t work. It just annoys me.
We usually get the update on Wednesdays and then the event starts on Thursdays so I wouldn't be surprised to see the update rolling in tomorrow. (At least for me being an iPhone user) That's my guess.

500,000 magic to clear the railroad mountain. This is my next objective in the jungle book story line. Ummm... yep that's gonna have to wait since I only have 55,000 magic. Wouldn't it be cool if they added a gift feature where your neighboring parks could send you gifts and you to them? I would find that useful.
On another note not knowing what day the event is going to start but I know the update is usually ready for download around ten am my time every morning I'm putting all my characters on 1-2 hour tasks so when I get the download I can put them to whatever mission is needed without having to wait on them to finish certain tasks before I can start the event.

Does anyone else find it annoying that they don’t announce a date when they do updates? Is keeping it a secret supposed to build the anticipation? If so, doesn’t work. It just annoys me.

Yep. Totally agree with you.

The lack of a starting date for the event does make it a little more difficult to make decisions. I have characters that I want to bump up to level 10 but I'm reluctant to get caught in the middle of a 24-hour level up if the update suddenly becomes available.

I started playing about 3 months ago. I am at level 27 and currently only have around 10,000 magic and 280 gems. I am working on getting Minnie. Just opened up the first land in Fantasyland. I see everyone talking about having so much magic...and wonder when I am going to get there. I have not reached the Jungle Book quests yet. And didn't get very far with Aladdin or Lion King as they were so soon after I started playing the game. Alice will be my first real event. Tips would be great for how to approach, and how to increase my magic. Right now I am working the quests as they come up. Working to upgrade Pluto, Daisy, Pete to at least level 8 in preparation for Donald. Any character who can't advance me for either of those priorities is doing short or long quests just for magic. Length of the assignment depends on my schedule. Weekdays I play in the morning...briefly to gather, check
chests, and send everyone on day long jobs. Evening is a bit more involved, but not near what I can do on the weekend. TIA

Lion King was my first event as I started playing right before that and as far as tips go from what I've read and done depending on what characters drop items for the event characters then you want to get all their items but don't level them up. That way if a character drops more than 1 item you'll increase your chances of getting what you want. And they also won't be in the chests. Also only do the event quests as the other ones can wait until the event is over. Of course if you need a character or a certain level to get something then you may want to work on that. What I found helpful was getting the first premium character of an event. I did get all Lion King and Aladdin characters but didn't get all gem attractions. I also tried to check my game about every 4 hrs or so during the day so morning, lunch, early evening and then just before going to sleep. Hope that helps and maybe others who have played more events have other useful info.

I'm so sorry to see this. I haven't posted a lot recently either, because about 6 weeks ago I thought I had lost my game too. I was able to solve my problem on my own over a 3 day period. Gameloft GS didn't respond to my messages until about a week later. And with their response, I don't think they really understood anything about my problem. I figured I should make a detailed post about what I did to fix my issue, just in case someone else had a problem, but I didn't get around to it, so I didn't post much at all. But you have prompted me to post about it. I don't think it will help you now, since I'm guessing your saved data has now been overwritten with your new game, but it might help someone else Googling for, "why my game won't load."

My problem started right after I clicked on finishing Timon's upgrade to 10, and the game was doing its animation thing by the castle, my whole computer crashed. When everything rebooted, the game would not load. It wouldn't display my UserID in the upper left corner, and was caught in a loop of Checking Connectivity and Loading Content.

I think it turned out to be a corrupt file somewhere associated with the Windows Store and my game. Deleting the game, it doesn't delete every single instance of the game in your Windows files. Some registry somewhere, that keeps track of your download history and/or settings, doesn't get completely cleared out. So whenever I re-downloaded the game, I don't think it updated every single instance, and one of those non-updated things was what was corrupt. But since Gameloft sounded so confused, I have no idea what it could possibly be. The big ah-ha moment came when I noticed the different messages I was getting in the Windows Store when I went to re-download the game from my computer in the user account that wasn't working, versus the new user account that had never download the game.

So what I had to do. First, I wanted to isolate if it was Windows issue or the game. So I used my Dad's computer to set up a different User profile on his machine using my MSN account name, on that user profile I was able to download the game, open the game, load the intro, and since the game was connected to my MSN account it asked if I wanted to start new or load my Saved Game. I chose the saved game, and then the game loaded and all my progress was there. I expressed a big sigh of relief, realized it was a Windows issue, and then had to figure out how to get everything to load on MY computer.

My primary user profile already had my MSN account attached so I couldn't create a 2nd user profile with the same email address. If I created a new email address, then the game would load looking for a saved game for the new address, not find it and so only give the option to start a new game. It took me some time, but I was able to set up a computer user profile WITHOUT being attached to any MSN account at all. You had to add a local account, and select the not-recommended "sign in without using a Microsoft account." Then I could go to the Store, download the game and since it was a "new user" it had to download and make all the hidden file changes that happen when games are installed. Then when I opened the game, if I clicked on the Game Options page about asking if I wanted to connect to a Facebook account or an MSN account, I could actually enter a Microsoft email account, and not have one pre-loaded. I could enter my original email address, chose my saved data and open the game with all my progress.

I had one more step to go. I could now get my game on my computer, but it's cumbersome to log into a separate user profile just to play one game. When I went back to my original User Profile, went into the Windows Store, when I re-downloaded the game it said something like, "New User Profile already has this game installed, do you want to share." Selecting yes, finally got whatever was corrupted, a clean version. Then I could go enter the game, it said my UserID in the upper left, and on the options page it had my MSN email info loaded, and gave me the option to load from my saved game.

I am positive that if I didn't know a little bit about computers and Windows that Gameloft would not have been able to help me.

And on another note. The Magic Accumulation debate. I started my Windows game about 3 weeks after my IOS game. In my IOS game, I have 6 million magic, and have already welcomed Shere Khan. In my Windows game, I have about 1 million magic and I still have to Welcome the tiger. I was amazed at the difference even thought I have been playing both a long time. I can play on my phone more than my computer. And I also started not sending characters out on useless magic gathering tasks "sooner" in my Windows game. They both, technically happened the same day, but it regards to game play I was "done" with everything in my IOS game, but since I was 3 weeks behind in my other game, I was still working on Tangled/Sleeping Beauty stuff when I stopped. Plus, Gameloft made changes to length of tasks and such, so I wonder if that plays a role too.

So in my Windows game, as soon as someone said how much Jungle Book stuff cost, I put everyone back to work in the Windows game. And it does feel like it is accumulating slowly. I had started at 2 million, but with welcoming and buying attractions it dropped it down to 1 million and doesn't seem to be going back up. When I get to Welcome Shere Khan it will drop it to zero. It is very annoying sending so many characters out. They really need to be able to set characters so the first thing on the task list is "repeat last task."

Thats nice. Do you buy gems besides collecting them from the videos, upgrading characters and parades?
I haven't spend any money yet, and I'm not going to this time around. When my game save got resetted after Lion King event, it did leave me with 200 gems (half of what I used to have). So I was able to invest some in the parade floats right from the start... Parades are definitely my number one source for gems. The more floats you have, the higher the chances you'll be getting gems out of them.

Anyway I got very closed to forever abandoning this game after waiting a month for them to fix it. Resetted saved games is such a common problem on Gameloft technical forum, and I saw a lot people having it getting it fixed eventually after Gameloft sent them their old saved files... So I remained hopeful for a long while. I did receive weekly replies from the support team asking me questions about my device and stuff... They wanted me one time to install a free app to identify some kind of ID number of my device, I complied... and a week later, they wanted me to install another app to locate an advertisement ID number ( I was like ***...how is that going to fix the problem???). I didn't even bother replying, and that was the last contact I he with them.

And then came the Aladdin event... my favorite disney animated movie, and event I was most anticipated for...so I had no choice but to pick up the game again. I wanted to build those attractions and to see those characters walk the park. Initially I was only going to play up to the end of the event before finally quitting it. But that didn't really happen... Here I'm still playing and getting ready for the next event LOL

I think it turned out to be a corrupt file somewhere associated with the Windows Store and my game. Deleting the game, it doesn't delete every single instance of the game in your Windows files. Some registry somewhere, that keeps track of your download history and/or settings, doesn't get completely cleared out. So whenever I re-downloaded the game, I don't think it updated every single instance, and one of those non-updated things was what was corrupt. But since Gameloft sounded so confused, I have no idea what it could possibly be. The big ah-ha moment came when I noticed the different messages I was getting in the Windows Store when I went to re-download the game from my computer in the user account that wasn't working, versus the new user account that had never download the game.
I haven't tried the windows store version of the game... I thought this version is like a facebook app, but sounds like it is a standalone program...

The lack of a starting date for the event does make it a little more difficult to make decisions. I have characters that I want to bump up to level 10 but I'm reluctant to get caught in the middle of a 24-hour level up if the update suddenly becomes available.
Me too. I have Aladdin characters ready to go to 10, but I'm afraid to lock anyone for a 24 hour task.

Hey you guys might have experience with this.

I have my game connected to Face book on my Ipad. I recently got a Kindle. I signed into it with Facebook and thought it told me hey this account is attached to another game I went ahead thinking it would be the same on both.

However my Kindle is at the beginning and not my in progress game.

Does anyone have their game across two different types of devices or will it only recognize the ios game separate from the amazon game?

I haven't been too worried about 24 hour upgrades. We're not going to get the event until there is an update. Even after the update, it takes awhile to collect the items to Welcome the first character, giving time for the upgrade to finish. The only thing I am fearful of is sending Mickey out on too long of a task. He needs to be available to "Start" the event.

I haven't been too worried about 24 hour upgrades. We're not going to get the event until there is an update. Even after the update, it takes awhile to collect the items to Welcome the first character, giving time for the upgrade to finish. The only thing I am fearful of is sending Mickey out on too long of a task. He needs to be available to "Start" the event.

I feel the same way. I doubt the Aladdin folks will be heavily involved at the beginning (but I could be wrong so don't send them out just because I feel this way). Mickey, on the other hand, needs to be ready to act. :)

Hey you guys might have experience with this.

I have my game connected to Face book on my Ipad. I recently got a Kindle. I signed into it with Facebook and thought it told me hey this account is attached to another game I went ahead thinking it would be the same on both.

However my Kindle is at the beginning and not my in progress game.

Does anyone have their game across two different types of devices or will it only recognize the ios game separate from the amazon game?

I had the same issue. I started the game on a Windows phone, but I am now on a droid. Even though I can run the game on my Windows laptop, when I tried to load the saved progress on my droid it put me back at the beginning. Now I just run on my Windows laptop. When I searched for this issue I found that this seems to be a known issue and there is not a fix. But someone else out there may have figured out a trick to get this to work.

There are three platforms: IOS (Apple devices), Android (including Kindle), and Windows. According to the FAQ's, Windows games can only be shared by other Windows devices (so HansKristoffAnnaSven, that is your problem), but IOS and Android are supposed to be able to be shared. So I'm not sure what bookgirl's issue is. Unless, disconnecting and reconnecting through Facebook might force it to try again.

Just got Parallels and since I can use windows now I downloaded the app right away. Everything seemed fine but then after the intro video played, I got this message telling me I need to be online to load the game. I don't know how to fix this since I'm actually online. Is this a recurrent issue to windows players? How could I solve this?

Is it worth buying Haunted Mansion at 150 gems? I've been saving gems, waiting for another attractions sale but I'm getting impatient haha. I'm so sick of waiting to get all those cloths for Donald's Halloween costume :headache: they've been ruining my gold chest drops!

Is it worth buying Haunted Mansion at 150 gems? I've been saving gems, waiting for another attractions sale but I'm getting impatient haha. I'm so sick of waiting to get all those cloths for Donald's Halloween costume :headache: they've been ruining my gold chest drops!
My opinion is no, not yet. With an event coming up, I personally would rather have the gems for th characters,but that is just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter