Disney Magic Kingdoms

Ditto, ditto, ditto. I've got Mrs. I ready to upgrade, but I keep thinking "ok, THIS time she'll get those ears!" Lol!.

I'm starting to wonder if it's broken somehow. Mrs I has spent all day doing that task, and as it only takes one hour that's a lot of chances to get the ears. And today... ZERO! She is ready to upgrade, but I kept thinking the same thing as you. And now it's too late for me to upgrade her since I want her free to start the "welcome Dash" tasks in the morning.

I'm far behind many of y'all. Just welcomed Rapunzel today. Right around the time I got the first quests for Rapunzel, Merlin popped up and seemed to be saying we were going to unlock more land. Right after that, Maleficent did her "these fools think they can stop me, blah, blah, blah" thing...and my son clicked on her so I didn't see what she said. I don't have a Merlin quest, and I don't seem to have any land waiting to be cleared. I've clicked everywhere, it all says "coming soon" or "complete more Tangled/Philip/Flora/whatever quests." Did I miss something, or was Merlin just teasing me?
hi,
I wrote about this same thing on this board around 10 pages ago. It seems that soon after you defeated Zurg, two pieces of land open up between the Zurg battling ground and It's a small world. You can buy both at that time. The One Merlin talks about after you welcome Rapunzel, is the land that has the Alice in Wonderland stuff in it, but you can buy it shortly after defeating Zurg. Hope this helps you

Me. I got Frozone when the event started, first time I've spent anything. I've been seeing that new ad for that car game the last couple of days (and I even watched it twice for gems in the new Main Street theater).

How many gems does it give you for watching the ad? and about how long are the ads? So far any time I've seen a gem above my movie theater it always says that there are no movies available to watch at this time.

How many gems does it give you for watching the ad? and about how long are the ads? So far any time I've seen a gem above my movie theater it always says that there are no movies available to watch at this time.

The one ad I watched was about 30 seconds long and awarded one gem.

The one ad I watched was about 30 seconds long and awarded one gem.
Yep, one :30 ad, one gem. I've had it show up twice. You'll see a gem on a white background over the theater when it's available to watch, then the background becomes clear after you've watched it (like the kids' thought bubbles while you're granting their wishes - does that make sense?).

hi,
I wrote about this same thing on this board around 10 pages ago. It seems that soon after you defeated Zurg, two pieces of land open up between the Zurg battling ground and It's a small world. You can buy both at that time. The One Merlin talks about after you welcome Rapunzel, is the land that has the Alice in Wonderland stuff in it, but you can buy it shortly after defeating Zurg. Hope this helps you

Thank you! I've been reading this thread for weeks now, so I thought someone had mentioned it among all the glitches. :) I did get both pieces of land that opened up after defeating Zurg, so maybe I just already have it.

I have the same problem with Mrs I, I have done the task 12 times and only got ears once. It shouldn't be so hard to upgrade him. I'm giving up after the next hour and sending Mrs I on the upgrade for 16 hours.

I have the same problem with Mrs I, I have done the task 12 times and only got ears once. It shouldn't be so hard to upgrade him. I'm giving up after the next hour and sending Mrs I on the upgrade for 16 hours.

No, wait! Don't do a long upgrade yet. Dash will be available at 11:00 today, so you'll want to have your character book free to welcome him. :)

A quick little thought about people seeing the ad's all the time. I was getting them quite a bit, but I finally spent some gems to buy Frozone and since then I haven't seen a single ad. I definitely think it was in fact sending the ad's to people who never spend anything on the game. Anyone else recently spend gems for the first time and suddenly stopped seeing ad's?

Now that you mention it, I've had the same thing happen. I was getting ads constantly and then I spent money on Frozone and the ads have stopped. It is a nice break, I was getting really tired of the chiquita commercial as I hate bananas.

Well... that's that. I'm done with Disney Kingdoms. I've spent probably $25 on the game, have enjoyed it, been waiting and waiting watching everyone else play their Incredibles, all the while still no Windows update. I emailed them, sent a (very polite) email, just asking when they thought the Windows update would be available, since it is disappointing that everyone else has had theirs for days now, and THIS is the reply I got:

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for your letter.

Please note that the update will be available for you one of these days.

Thank you very much for understanding.

Um.... "one of these days". Are you kidding me? They just lost this Windows customer.

15 ear hats to Welcome Dash, and the tasks take an hour per for Frozone and Mrs I, and 2 hrs for Mickey...so it's going to take all day to get him.

So did they start another collecting coins event or not? I'm confused. I collected a few coins and for a brief moment I saw a leader board with me on it then a minute later the leader board was gone and it says to reveal your leader board rank by participating in the event described below which is another coin event. I guess another glitch?

Yep, one :30 ad, one gem. I've had it show up twice. You'll see a gem on a white background over the theater when it's available to watch, then the background becomes clear after you've watched it (like the kids' thought bubbles while you're granting their wishes - does that make sense?).

So do you actually watch an ad? Or do you just let 30 seconds pass? Every time I click the gem over the theater nothing happens. After a few seconds I get impatient and click the gem again at which time it tells me there is no movie available to watch at this time.

Promo for 80 gems and 2,500 Incredibles currency for $3.99 just popped up for me. Doesn't seem like that great a deal to me.

To the last question [edit: two posts ago], yes, another coin event started immediately upon the other one ending. It appears will be a seven day event. I personally don't go out of my way on the gold coin events as I find it more useful to go after items all the characters need to progress rather than just trying to get coins; I was hoping a different type of event would start this morning.

I know some people were hoping for a Merryweather promo with the new update. I just unlocked Flora the other day, after the update, and am now working on welcoming Fauna. I would guess there won't be a promo for Merryweather at this point, but does anyone think there would still be a chance of a promo with the next update (which I would assume would be sometime around when the Incredibles event ends next month)? Not sure if I should just spend the gems now, or wait and hold out hope.

So do you actually watch an ad? Or do you just let 30 seconds pass? Every time I click the gem over the theater nothing happens. After a few seconds I get impatient and click the gem again at which time it tells me there is no movie available to watch at this time.

Over the last three days or so, I have been able to watch the movie twice. I don't know if there is a once-daily limit or some other pattern to the availability; the two times I could do it, it was just available at seemingly random times.

=

To the last question [edit: two posts ago], yes, another coin event started immediately upon the other one ending. It appears will be a seven day event.

Thanks. I guess I lost the coins I collected after the event started. The leader board must have reset about 10 minutes into the event or something. Maybe when I collect my next coin all the coins I collected 5 minutes into the event will show back up again. 7 days is way too long for an event.

I am way behind most of you, but wondering about Dash. It says "Go online to welcome" for Dash, but doesn't tell me where to go online? I haven't had this before and wondering if I'm missing something?

I am way behind most of you, but wondering about Dash. It says "Go online to welcome" for Dash, but doesn't tell me where to go online? I haven't had this before and wondering if I'm missing something?

Unlike Mrs. I, Dash appears to be like other characters where you have to use other characters to collect a bunch of items before you can actually welcome him. If you click on Dash in your character list, you can see the items he needs.

New to the forum here, but I've been watching it on and off for a bit. I'm confused as to when I get to welcome a new character--I recently defeated Zurg (I started the game in May), and have the option to clear the piece of land diagonally next to Its a Small World--the only character I haven't welcomed at this point in the story line that I have a quest for is Eve. I still have no Minnie, but I have Pete. I know during this event it is going to be difficult for me to move the rest of the plot along, but everyone else seems so drastically ahead of me with all of the Tangled characters and SB characters. Can someone direct me to the page # in this thread or tell me at what point I should be welcoming someone new?

Also, someone a few posts above mentioned the ads only appearing to the people who haven't paid anything for the game yet-i can tell you that my game was littered with ads before the update (all the Chiquita one), and after the update it's gotten better (partially because they don't freeze the game anymore), but I have never paid this game, so it is very likely that they target the players who aren't paying with the ads. Which kinda makes sense--like any other game, you get ads unless you paid to get the "premium" version, but instead of a new version it's just new characters.

15 ear hats to Welcome Dash, and the tasks take an hour per for Frozone and Mrs I, and 2 hrs for Mickey...so it's going to take all day to get him.
It's gunna be hard enough to welcome Dash with Frozone I couldn't imagine the time needed to welcome him without Frozone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter