Disney Magic Kingdoms

Yeah, I don't know how they did the gem conversion this time. There was a popup with a bunch of EC and statues, there was a popup for the leaderboard standings, there was a popup for EC to gem conversion. Before the popups, I had <1000 EC in one game, and like 4000 EC in the other. But then there was that popup with a couple thousand EC in it. But both games only gave me 1 gem. I figured it might have been a coding thing, and that everyone would get 1 gem. But then @supernova posted he got 11.

Thread on Reddit says 5000 EC = 1 gem, so I am calling shenanigans on Supernova getting 11 for EC conversion (are you sure it wasn't also gems for your leaderboard finish?)

Ah, I see, there must have been an edited typo, because I saw 11 right when you posted!
Yeah, I thought I read 1 but figured that couldn't be it. How the heck did I only receive one gem, so I thought it must have been 11. Then I checked my count and saw that I got 1 measly gem so I went back and edited it. What the hell, interns?? What the hell....

Yeah, I don't know how they did the gem conversion this time. There was a popup with a bunch of EC and statues, there was a popup for the leaderboard standings, there was a popup for EC to gem conversion. Before the popups, I had <1000 EC in one game, and like 4000 EC in the other. But then there was that popup with a couple thousand EC in it. But both games only gave me 1 gem. I figured it might have been a coding thing, and that everyone would get 1 gem. But then @supernova posted he got 11.

Thread on Reddit says 5000 EC = 1 gem, so I am calling shenanigans on Supernova getting 11 for EC conversion (are you sure it wasn't also gems for your leaderboard finish?)

Ah, I see, there must have been an edited typo, because I saw 11 right when you posted!

Well this makes me feel a little better. I had about 200EC left and got 1 gem. Thought supernova got 11. Lol

Glad some people got the opportunity to gather some older content. It will help grow your gem base with the character leveling. I was happy to get Syndrome. I suspect 3 weeks before the next teaser.

1 gem conversion for 5000 Event Currency was a slap in the face, almost as bad as bottles that disappeared. I totally missed what maleficent said at the end of the event, my game glitched. It was probably something like "I'll come back in 18 months to tease you again with old characters in an effort to part you with your real money, until then, you can buy some upgraded storage for all your unused characters for 1500 gem or 4,000,000 magic. "

I think I got 1 gem for maybe 200 EC and then 10 for the competition thing. So I guess it was a good idea to spend all my EC? Not a nice large number like the other events, but I'll take it. Not happy that all my bottles disappeared.

Since I’m always asleep when events end I never really know what happens. At around 8am my time (event ended at 11am I believe) I was in second place. When I woke up and checked in I got 15 gems - I’m guessing from my leaderboard. I had spent all but 87EC on hats (figuring they’d be hardest to collect later) so I’m only a couple of items away from leveling Jack Jack to 3. Those 15 gems also gave me exactly 450 so I went ahead and bought Flower with my gems to help me finally get Bambi. Flower is level 5 and climbing though.

I got 1 gem for my 75 leftover EC. Sounds like it was worth spending it on Jack Jack tokens since they didn’t give much in the EC to gem conversion. I purchased hats and cards and only 2 bottles since I figured hats/cards would be harder to earn (epic or legendary) after the event.

I had 71 hot cocoas leftover. Hope they are helpful in the future.

I only have Angel to level up (ready for 10) and the Bambi crew plus Jack Jack now. I am glad the Incredibles are useful now.

7 hats away from welcoming Bambi.

Toy Alien Ready for 8...I'll probably end up leveling him last haha

Fairy Godmother Ready for 6...7

Peter Pan
Ready for 4...4
Wendy Ready for 6
Hook Ready for 5...Ready for 7

Thumper 2...Ready for 4
Flower Ready for 2...Ready for 3
...Trying to welcome Bambi as well

Bagheera 9...10
Mowgli Ready for 8
Baloo Ready for 7
Shere Khan Ready for 4...4

Alice Ready for 10...10
Queen of Hearts 9

Sneezy Ready for 9
Snow White Ready for 8...8
Evil Queen Ready for 8
Grumpy Ready for 8...8
Sleepy 8...Ready for 9

Pooh Ready for 5...Ready for 6
Eeyore 8...Ready for 9
Tigger Ready for 7...Ready for 9
Kanga Ready for 9
Roo Ready for 6...6
Piglet Ready for 6...6
Rabbit Ready for 9

Nani Ready for 6...6
Lilo Ready for 6
Stitch Ready for 6...6
Angel 6...Ready for 7
Pleakley Ready for 6...7
Jumba Ready for 6...Ready for 7
Cobra Bubbles Ready for 10...10

Will this ever end??? I'm going to constantly level up until I get word of the next event but at least it keeps me busy in the game for now.

Oh yeah, and Jack-Jack is ready for 2.

Really pleased I decided to use up all my EC - I had 3 left when the event ended, so 1 gem seemed like a fair trade..! :rotfl2:

Let me be clear: I had already purchased all required items to get Jack Jack to level 2, my 8500 was the portion of the 10000 it was going to cost to level him up AFTER spending on items. There was literally no way to “use” it before the event ended if I wasn’t going to “use” it on the final cost to level up Jack Jack. That’s why I’m pissed it got me 1 gem...they literally gave me nothing else to spend it on to avoid that.

Let me be clear: I had already purchased all required items to get Jack Jack to level 2, my 8500 was the portion of the 10000 it was going to cost to level him up AFTER spending on items. There was literally no way to “use” it before the event ended if I wasn’t going to “use” it on the final cost to level up Jack Jack. That’s why I’m pissed it got me 1 gem...they literally gave me nothing else to spend it on to avoid that.
Same with me. Which is why I had convinced myself that I MUST have misread the gem "conversion" I won. There was no way I saw "1" gem, so I must have misread and probably received 11. Then I checked my count and realized that I blew a lot of event currency on a pitiful "conversion" that I wasn't expecting in the first place.

I used what EC I had to buy hats, since they are legendary. But the only way I can get flash cards is through the Syndrome ride. I got the last hat I need to level up before I’ve received even a single flash card. This is going to take a looooong time.

My opinion on the event: I liked the idea of being able to buy previous characters with EC. However the newer players, which this event should have been targeted at, were at the biggest disadvantage. If you didn’t have gem characters, you used a lot more hot cocoa, and you earned less EC if you didn’t have your characters leveled up to 10. The thing I liked about regular events was that if you saved up your gems or bought the gem characters (which are guaranteed purchases) you had a very good chance to finish, even as a newer player. This felt much more like a blatant money grab trying to get us to buy legendary chests, and maybe get a character. It’s probably on par with the whole grumpy debacle. And the technical issues that some people experienced that lasted for days did not help.

I am still playing because I love Disney and collecting all the characters. This used to be the only game I played but I’ve recently started Disney Emoji Blitz and am probably enjoying the collection process more in that game right now.

I downloaded the game when it came out but then hadn’t played for sometime so I have questions that I am sure most of you can answer if you would be so kind. I have Space Mountain uncursed but the area around it says complete more toy story quests and one area needs 150,000 magic to clear. How long can this possible take. I have done every quest and then some. I feel like I am just stuck. Also magic elixir used to buy tokens is this seriously the only way to get the tokens needed to level up some of the characters and if so any tips on getting the elixirs other than spending real money. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter