• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

I broke down and bought Rex and 125 gems. They were on sale though lol. Also bought Pluto after that. But once I did that it seemed like I actually started getting somewhere. Today I beat Pete and unlocked the next area.

My parade did the same thing but then it went off the path and crashed into the Walt and Mickey statue. Now all the characters are running around it in a panic and I can't get them to do anything!

Okay, maybe not. Did your endless parade ever resolve itself?

nope still going!

Glad to hear others feel the same way about purchasing characters and have moved on without Boo. I was thinking, at this rate, I could easily spend $30-$50 on this "free" game after buying all the character packs.

I'm behind a lot of you, though. Trying to get the items dropped for Sulley.

I've "bought" a few characters but only with free money I had earned through Google Rewards. I'm not going to spend any "real" money on it.

wow been playing new event half hour and am #4 on leaderboards already!

I've noticed the same, only I'm only 7 on mine. Perhaps, a little to easy this time. But I will take my 10 gems, and in about an hour my blocks, for reaching the milestones. And I'll see how this leaderboard thing works after spending the day, with my phone in front of my keyboard, so I can collect from my Burger Farm. I feel like maybe, my totals are updating, but not the other people's totals, and at some point, things will catch up and I'll fall back down. I am behind on Ear Hat collections after the coin thing, so most of my characters are off on 6 hr tasks today, so the Burger Farm will be the main workhorse for this event.

Started about a month ago (30 day reward will come in this Friday). Just got the quest to welcome Roz and Eve but started collecting items for Celia as well. It seems like Celia is the better choice since she also seems to have quests to drop Roz pieces. But I don't have a quest to welcome her, can I do it without getting the quest? Also have a lot of characters to upgrade as well.

Which should I focus on first? Saving Magic to welcome new characters? Upgrade existing ones (Goofy and Pluto are 10, the rest are 6-7). Or upgrade characters while collecting items?

It sounds like this one is geared to making burger farm owners happy. There is no way I am going to collect more than the base 10 gems for this. :) But that's fine.

I am contemplating buying Maximus, since he is only 11.00 instead of the 14 they wanted for Wall-E. And there are more gems. I recently bought the tea party and the spinning wheel, so I may want gems for more attractions.

Which should I focus on first? Saving Magic to welcome new characters? Upgrade existing ones (Goofy and Pluto are 10, the rest are 6-7). Or upgrade characters while collecting items?

I tend to prioritise welcoming new characters because it will give you an extra character earning magic/collecting tokens etc. Then upgrade as and when available and when not needing to save money for other things like land/attractions.

Started about a month ago (30 day reward will come in this Friday). Just got the quest to welcome Roz and Eve but started collecting items for Celia as well. It seems like Celia is the better choice since she also seems to have quests to drop Roz pieces. But I don't have a quest to welcome her, can I do it without getting the quest? Also have a lot of characters to upgrade as well.

I'd hold off on upgrading characters. I would build up magic to clear spaces and work on welcoming new characters - the quest to welcome Celia comes shortly after Roz. I never noticed much of a difference between a level 6 character vs 10 (it hasn't seemed to progress the plot from what I've seen).

One thing I noticed is that upgrading characters can cause their tokens to drop on tasks where you want to get tokens to welcome new characters. Nothing worse than spending 8 hours on 2 characters trying to get an Eve hat, and instead getting Roz's glasses. :rolleyes:

Right now I'm saving up my magic and only spending it to bring in new characters and upgrade the ones I already have. Anyone think there is a better way to spend it? (background: level 24 and working on welcoming Sulley)

ETA: For some reason the thread didn't update for me earlier and it just did and I am reading that it might not be smart to upgrade my characters. So is it better to just save the magic for new lands and new characters then? (oops, just spent a bunch to upgrade Tink).

Right now I'm saving up my magic and only spending it to bring in new characters and upgrade the ones I already have. Anyone think there is a better way to spend it? (background: level 24 and working on welcoming Sulley)

ETA: For some reason the thread didn't update for me earlier and it just did and I am reading that it might not be smart to upgrade my characters. So is it better to just save the magic for new lands and new characters then? (oops, just spent a bunch to upgrade Tink).

I don't think there's a right or wrong way to play. Sometimes upgrading characters opens new quests (some don't necessarily advance the actual plot, sometimes it does). So I don't upgrade much past like level 6 anymore unless I have no other quests to work on. Right now nearly all of my characters have full items to be upgraded but I'm working on getting Eve items to drop and just building up some magic as I'm sure the plot will advance and I'd rather pay for new attractions/land space.

How high is your Tink? I wouldn't worry about it too much though and focus on building magic with any characters who can't drop the Sulley items (send those characters on 1 hour quests if you play often during the day, and long 8+ hour ones at night, keep the others working for Sulley ears)

I don't think there's a right or wrong way to play. Sometimes upgrading characters opens new quests (some don't necessarily advance the actual plot, sometimes it does). So I don't upgrade much past like level 6 anymore unless I have no other quests to work on. Right now nearly all of my characters have full items to be upgraded but I'm working on getting Eve items to drop and just building up some magic as I'm sure the plot will advance and I'd rather pay for new attractions/land space.

How high is your Tink? I wouldn't worry about it too much though and focus on building magic with any characters who can't drop the Sulley items (send those characters on 1 hour quests if you play often during the day, and long 8+ hour ones at night, keep the others working for Sulley ears)

Thank you. I really appreciate the advice. My Tink is at 7 and will be at 8 in a few hours. Hamm, Jessie, Daisy and Buzz are all 3-4. I guess I really need to save up that magic. I know Sulley will cost me 25K and that's about what I have right now (although it will take a while to get those ears to drop).

Thank you. I really appreciate the advice. My Tink is at 7 and will be at 8 in a few hours. Hamm, Jessie, Daisy and Buzz are all 3-4. I guess I really need to save up that magic. I know Sulley will cost me 25K and that's about what I have right now (although it will take a while to get those ears to drop).
No problem :thumbsup2 Do you have a burger farm?

I just now gathered everything to Welcome Celia. You'll probably get the task soon. I have the tasks to welcome Roz, Celia, Eve, and Pete all at the same time. I focused on Celia as she looks to help with some of the others items. After I get Celia actually welcomed, 4 hour wait, I'm going to focus on Roz.

Is Eve necessary to move the story along, or is she more like Tinkerbell?

To be honest, all she really does is interact with Wall-E, so unless you have him she probably would be pretty much useless. And given Wall-E is a premium purchase, I imagine that the impact on the story is little to none :)

To be honest, all she really does is interact with Wall-E, so unless you have him she probably would be pretty much useless. And given Wall-E is a premium purchase, I imagine that the impact on the story is little to none :)

Thanks. I suspected as much. I will concentrate on welcoming Flynn and Randall.

I just now gathered everything to Welcome Celia. You'll probably get the task soon. I have the tasks to welcome Roz, Celia, Eve, and Pete all at the same time. I focused on Celia as she looks to help with some of the others items. After I get Celia actually welcomed, 4 hour wait, I'm going to focus on Roz.

Looks like I just got a quest called Zurg Must be Somewhere which will lead to the quest for Celia soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter