Disney Magic Kingdoms

Ended the Coin Event in 12th place! Woo! Finished all Mulan quests, surprisingly, as well! I also have almost 39K of event currency which kind of stinks that I won't get a lot of gems for it.

A little late to ask this but... I don't know what a "red" Mulan quest looks like. I have lots of "yellow" ones (yellow writing in red banner). Can someone post a pic of it? OR do you mean that the "red" ones are the ones with white writing in a red banner?

I've been avoiding the long many hour quests because I didn't get Mulan until 2 days ago and feared running out of time. I have Mulan at level 4, Li Shang at level 5, and Mushu at level 5. I have all the concessions and decorations and the buildings. Pretty different from my Frozen experience where I ended up with only Anna, Troll Knoll and Arendelle Castle. I've spent some dough on this event a few times once because of a dumb error- don't upgrade Sarge for 14 hours (+/-) when you are one Mulan hat away from getting her! (So... Boom! Sarge, welcome to level 9 in 10 seconds flat and the cost of a bunch of gems (bought on sale)). Then I had to hasten Mulan through her upgrade - (what's a few more gems?) since I had to be away from the game for a long while at work and needed her to be able to do more quests. And I had to buy Mushu because, well, he's cute.

Thanks for all the ideas and help on this board!

PS I started on Thanksgiving 2016, am currently at level 31, still no Zurg and I just welcomed Pete. No Rapunzel or Aurora etc. I have all (that are allowed by level 31) but the Sword in the Stone and Mad Tea Party attractions. And I had to store Princess Fairytale Hall due to lack of space (it only yields 13.75 magic/hour so... who cares). I love how my magic bank is so fast to fill now! Those attractions bring in the magic! So here I am trogging along.... Hi ho hi ho, it's off to the game I go.

Red vs yellow quests refer to the background color of the character avatar that shows up in the bottom left corner. During the Frozen event the limited time event quests had a blue background.

I think it was yesterday that I finished the Mulan event quests and my daughter was so excited to catch the little scene in front of the castle, with Mulan and Li Shang! It was also cute that Tinkerbell was flying around the castle for a quest and could be seen in the background of the little scene. =)
The same thing happened to me with Tinker Bell!
I'm sure Tinkerbell was built into the animation, regardless if she was on a quest or not. I can't see them customizing something as simple as a 10-second throw-away animation based on where characters are in the game... ?

Yes, you have to have Mulan welcomed in order to keep her. If you are still working on collecting tokens for her, that won't do you any good - she will disappear. My advice is to collect tokens right up until a couple of hours before the event ends. Then go to Mulan's screen showing the tokens you have earned and click the "buy" button and see how many gems it takes to purchase the rest of the tokens. I had to do this with Syndrome during the Incredibles event. I still needed about three tokens and it was maybe 50 gems or so. If you have the gems, it's an option for you.
Make sure to leave yourself enough time once you click "buy" to welcome Mulan before the event ends. It takes two hours to welcome her, so leave yourself enough time.
FYI - you can click the "buy" button and the game will show you the gems needed, but you still have the option to spend the gems or not. It doesn't automatically buy the character :)
I have more than enough event coins. I cannot get her hat ears to drop. I keep getting Li Shang's. I was doing good on the combs but today those stopped dropping also. I have 11/20 combs and only 7/20 ear hats. They just aren't dropping.

What does happen w/ all the event currency when the event is over?

I have more than enough event coins. I cannot get her hat ears to drop. I keep getting Li Shang's. I was doing good on the combs but today those stopped dropping also. I have 11/20 combs and only 7/20 ear hats. They just aren't dropping.

What does happen w/ all the event currency when the event is over?

Event currency converts to gems. 2000 = 1 gem.

Major tip for welcoming event characters...don't level anyone up while you are waiting to Welcome someone new . Li Shang's tokens are uncommon while Mulan's are rare which means if a task could drop either, Li Shang have a greater probability to drop. You have to remove the option of his tokens dropped by collecting all of them needed for the next level and NOT leveling him up.

Event currency converts to gems. 2000 = 1 gem.

Major tip for welcoming event characters...don't level anyone up while you are waiting to Welcome someone new . Li Shang's tokens are uncommon while Mulan's are rare which means if a task could drop either, Li Shang have a greater probability to drop. You have to remove the option of his tokens dropped by collecting all of them needed for the next level and NOT leveling him up.
Wow, that makes perfect sense. Just wish I would have known that. Thanks for the info.

I'm sure Tinkerbell was built into the animation, regardless if she was on a quest or not. I can't see them customizing something as simple as a 10-second throw-away animation based on where characters are in the game... ?
Just watched the same end video on someone's YouTube post, and there was no Tinkerbell flying around her castle. It was a cool end to the event, though. =)

Just watched the same end video on someone's YouTube post, and there was no Tinkerbell flying around her castle. It was a cool end to the event, though. =)
I miss the random animated clips thrown in. They were great as I was playing the game, but then they dried up once there was nothing to do. Don't think they did anything for a few of these most recent events, either.

63k is pretty good for shorter event than frozen was I'm pushing towards 50k with 3 hrs to go
Some of the tasks really poor payment especially the 6 hr ones if had time would keep doing 6/8 min ones for one hour way better than 2/4 hr returns

I had Prince Charming welcoming guests when the Mulan quest was
completed. He could be seen from the shoulders up behind them waving. It was actually rather funny.

I managed to end with 60k for 30 gems. I could have got another 2 gems but decided to buy one blossom bench (because surprisingly they weren't in the chests) and 2 festival lanterns before they were gone.

Well that stunk. Not sure how you all got so much stuff. I never did get everything I needed for Milan to drop. I still needed 3 combs and 7 mouse ear hats. I kept getting Li Shamg's mouse ear hats. This was my 1st event. I now know I should have left him maxed out and not leveled him up. Bummed I didn't get Mulan. I needed like 300+ gems to buy her out. I haven't even earned 200 gems since I started playing. I haven't been playing very long. Oh well.

i just got a pop-up saying The Mulan Event was extended, to help with the finishing touches... but nothing switched back from when it "ended" anyone else have this happen?

Red vs yellow quests refer to the background color of the character avatar that shows up in the bottom left corner. During the Frozen event the limited time event quests had a blue background.

thank you! when the next event happens I may have more of a clue. LOL!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter