• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

Adding to toinettec's comments, I sort of did this for the current Firecracker round. I was away with work and didn't connect my phone to hotel wifi. So although I started straight away, I didn't connect to internet till about 24 hours in. I'm currently in 6th place (although I was much lower when I woke up this morning) having collected every 2 hours all day today, and it's very competitive, so I think I'm on a leaderboard with people who started around the same time as me.

Thanks for the info. I have separate games going on two devices, so perhaps I will try to confirm for the sake of my own curiosity during the next mini-event.

For this one, I confirmed that starting at the same time on both devices put me on the same leaderboard.

(Though the odd thing is that even though it is clearly the same leaderboard on both devices based on the score counts, different usernames are listed. On my iPad, not connected to Facebook or GameCenter, rankings are currently:

1. Disney Villain Fan 41074 - 120
2. Glass Slippers 68054 - 104
3. Disney Villain Fan 49255 - 91

while on my iPhone, connected to my Facebook account, it's

1. schmoopsiekins - 120
2. Chonkinator - 104
3. NepetaStrider - 91

I assume this has to do with whether or not you are connected to Facebook, GameCenter, or neither, but I still found it peculiar!)

Thanks for the info. I have separate games going on two devices, so perhaps I will try to confirm for the sake of my own curiosity during the next mini-event.

For this one, I confirmed that starting at the same time on both devices put me on the same leaderboard.

This is very interesting, because I once read a post from someone who claimed that they and their significant other had both started a mini-event at the same time, but ended up on different leaderboards. Are your two games approximately the same level, and with approximately the same number of characters and attractions? If they are not, that would seem to disprove any theory that players are assigned to a leaderboard not only based on time, but also based on some measure of game progress.

I'm in the same boat. I only need Syndrone but I' m afraid if, I splurge on the chests I'll only get a bench or a statue. Wish it didn't cost so many gems.

I'm level 41 on the iPad game and 45 on the iPhone, so not too far apart. I actually started both games around the same time (a couple of months before the Incredibles event) but decided I would pay cash only for an initial gem purchase during a sale for the iPhone game. As a result, on the iPhone game I have all characters and attractions except Splash Mountain, but the iPad game is still missing many gen characters and attractions.

Still, I think the games are probably close enough in terms of level so as not to disprove the earlier theory.

Just an fyi for those of you who are waiting to jump in...I just started the firecracker event at 3 days 15 hrs left. On my leaderboard I am rank 25 with 8 firecrackers collected and I only need to reach 40 firecrackers to be in position to get the first place prize. It's a good time to start.

So, since the Chinese New Year event ended I've been stuck with a level 1 Mulan. No characters have the option to get her hats in my game. I am getting all other items, just not her hats. Anyone else have the same problem?

So, since the Chinese New Year event ended I've been stuck with a level 1 Mulan. No characters have the option to get her hats in my game. I am getting all other items, just not her hats. Anyone else have the same problem?
If you go to the Characters button (where you level them up), and open up Mulan, you will see what items you need. Click on the item (her hat) and it will tell you who will give them to you and what quest you need to do with that character to earn it. Hope this helps.

Just an fyi for those of you who are waiting to jump in...I just started the firecracker event at 3 days 15 hrs left. On my leaderboard I am rank 25 with 8 firecrackers collected and I only need to reach 40 firecrackers to be in position to get the first place prize. It's a good time to start.

I did the same thing but I think I'm in a much worse group than you are. I have 24 right now and I'm 17th place, but #1 has 120 so I don't think I stand a chance of moving up much unless I don't sleep (and that's not going to happen for a game). I was thinking maybe I waited too long, but I hate having to find things in my park so I didn't want to play this game for 6 days.

Im considering buying the promo for The Incredibles. I'd be happy with the Parade Float and I need three characters and two rides. I just don't want more benches.....

So grateful for all the bench info! I am certain if I spent the money, I'd have more decorations in storage! Vegas odds and I are NOT good friends. I sure hope they offer a real way to get the Incredibles for us late-to-the-gamers. And believe me, I like the idea of spending occasionally to pay for the developers childcare, healthcare, rent/mortgage, and food!! :) So, they just need to make whatever I spend on a GUARANTEED product! Please.

Proof: bought with real money and happily have Boo, Rex, Pluto, Sparrow, Wall-E (or was it Eve?), and Mulan!

Hey all! Can anyone tell me what unlocks Merryweather? In the storybook, it's telling me to complete more Minnie quests. However she is level 7 and I haven't received any quests in at least a week. I am in the process of collecting supplies to welcome Flora but not completely there yet. Am I missing anything?

Hey all! Can anyone tell me what unlocks Merryweather? In the storybook, it's telling me to complete more Minnie quests. However she is level 7 and I haven't received any quests in at least a week. I am in the process of collecting supplies to welcome Flora but not completely there yet. Am I missing anything?
Merryweather is a character that you purchase with gems. You don't unlock her as part of the storyline. I don't have her yet, everytime I save up, an event starts and I spend my gems on that. Maybe one day...

How do you change your avatar for the disboards? I think I need something other than the woman symbol.
I've looked everywhere and am back to bugging you all for help!
thanks in advance!!
m

Well, the Incredibles promotion nearly killed me!!!

Before this event, I already had Frozone and the parade, but I wanted all attractions and characters so I bought 2 promotions. With these 12 chests, I got everything but the Parr's house.

It took me another 4 promotions (24 chests) later before it dropped the house!!! Terrible drop rate. So many useless decorations.

Merryweather is a character that you purchase with gems. You don't unlock her as part of the storyline. I don't have her yet, everytime I save up, an event starts and I spend my gems on that. Maybe one day...

Thanks for the response! From previous posts, I already knew she was a gem character so I've been saving up my gems. I have enough to buy her, but I'm not even given the option right now. She's still grayed out in my storybook. Do you happen to remember what quest unlocked her? I'm ready and excited to buy her, even though she is not needed to further the storyline.

How do you change your avatar for the disboards? I think I need something other than the woman symbol.
I've looked everywhere and am back to bugging you all for help!
thanks in advance!!
m

At the top of the page, near the right-hand side, click on your screen name. Click on Your Profile Page, then click on your current avatar, which is on the left, and check Use Custom Avatar. Then you can upload a photo.

Thanks for the response! From previous posts, I already knew she was a gem character so I've been saving up my gems. I have enough to buy her, but I'm not even given the option right now. She's still grayed out in my storybook. Do you happen to remember what quest unlocked her? I'm ready and excited to buy her, even though she is not needed to further the storyline.
I found a walkthrough that said you need to have Flora welcomed first. Hope this helps. Once you do get Merryweather, will you let me know if she is worth the gems?

I found a walkthrough that said you need to have Flora welcomed first. Hope this helps. Once you do get Merryweather, will you let me know if she is worth the gems?

I can answer that right now. She's not -very- worthwhile. She helps with some of the Sleeping Beauty characters' tokens, but that's all. If your Sleeping Beauty characters are maxed out, she's worthless. No wishes, no event character tokens, no gold coins. I send her--and honestly, all the other Skeeping Beauty characters, too--on long quests all the time, just to not have to deal with them. Still, she's pretty cheap, as gem characters go.

I can answer that right now. She's not -very- worthwhile. She helps with some of the Sleeping Beauty characters' tokens, but that's all. If your Sleeping Beauty characters are maxed out, she's worthless. No wishes, no event character tokens, no gold coins. I send her--and honestly, all the other Skeeping Beauty characters, too--on long quests all the time, just to not have to deal with them. Still, she's pretty cheap, as gem characters go.
Thanks. My Sleeping Beauty characters are maxed out. I send them on all day tasks too. Guess I'll hold on to those gems until the next update. Thanks again!!!

I have just welcomed both Flora and Merryweather in the last week, and to my memory they both become available after the same quest from Merlin. Not sure if this is just me though.

Now I'm saving for the Fairy Hut!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter