Disney Magic Kingdoms

I have to agree 100%! I took a look after you posted this, and I totally see the "spruce up"!!

I just noticed this today and I think it's the water?! The river around the park is brighter (look at the waterfall in the back!) and now looks like it has fish. Around Cindy's castle there are even flowers and plants in the water. I don't remember that previously.

But why upgrade graphics on that, but not extend gameboard like everyone is asking for? Do we need fish swimming in the periphery?

Question about whether I am reading the wiki right for those that remember. Once I welcome Rapunzel (with all tokens, 24hrs etc), it triggers the welcome zurg part. If it does, I'll hold off buying Rapunzel. I'll wait til after batb.

I just noticed this today and I think it's the water?! The river around the park is brighter (look at the waterfall in the back!) and now looks like it has fish. Around Cindy's castle there are even flowers and plants in the water. I don't remember that previously.

But why upgrade graphics on that, but not extend gameboard like everyone is asking for? Do we need fish swimming in the periphery?

I've always had fish in my game - when i have characters on 60 second tasks I'll watch them swim around. I don't have any flowers or plants in the moat around the castle though. What do you play on? I wonder if finer details like that differ between platforms. I'm on an iPad and I don't think I've had any change to the board, other than what comes and goes with events

So I've done some rearranging and I've cleared 3 spaces of land! I have every attraction except splash mountain so I'm pretty happy with that.

Specifically, since I was paraphrasing, they said they were having trouble optimizing the game across all devices. If this were strictly a PC game, or restricted to tablets, I'm sure it would be soaring right now, but I'd bet they're having trouble making it work on smart phones, which makes no sense to me in the first place. Yes, if a smart phone is the only device someone has available to them it'd be nice if they could play the game, but this game just doesn't make any sense on a smart phone.
Which is a load of crap on the part of Gameloft. An excuse, not an explanation. I see commercials for massive games like Vikings or War Craft. Thousands of players, huge game boards, and far more moving parts to the game than this one. And they are played across multiple platforms. Perhaps if the dummies at Gameloft are in over their heads, Disney can shift to a more competent company that actually understands how to program video games. Instead of going with a company comprised of some DeVery graduates.

Last edited:
I've always had fish in my game - when i have characters on 60 second tasks I'll watch them swim around. I don't have any flowers or plants in the moat around the castle though. What do you play on? I wonder if finer details like that differ between platforms. I'm on an iPad and I don't think I've had any change to the board, other than what comes and goes with events

I have always had fish too (iPad Air 2), but on my girlfriends iPad mini, she did not. Her game is unplayable on that device now, so I assume this is why they talk about optimization. They should just draw a line in the sand and update. Some devices will just stop working, but you can't stop progress.

So I bought some NBC chests got 3 characters and other stuff did not get the Mickey or goofy costume. However now I have pieces of fabric in all my chests but still no ability to unlock the costumes. And it seems they are dropping way more than anything else started playing a few weeks before Mulan so not that long but this is extremely frustrating anyone else having similar problems?

NEW CONTENT
Beast, Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts and Chip were planning a beautiful outdoor ball for Belle when the villainous Gaston arrived to ruin their plans! Help save the day and collect exclusive limited-time content in the new month-long event!
And if you’re looking for more to do, help Chip and Dale with their search of a great acorn haul! Get ready to welcome them after building the Snuggly Duckling attraction!
This update will be come available soon. Stay tuned for our official announcement!
Beauty and The Beast Characters (limited-time event):
  • Beast
  • Belle
  • Lumiere
  • Cogsworth
  • Mrs. Potts
  • Chip
  • Gaston
Chip ‘n Dale Characters (Main Story):
  • Chip
  • Dale
Costumes:
  • Belle: Formal Dress
  • Beast: Formal Suit
  • Mickey Mouse: Tuxedo (will become unlocked after Beauty and the Beast Event)
Attractions:
  • Beast’s Castle
  • Be Our Guest Restaurant
  • Gaston’s Tavern
  • Belle’s House
  • Enchanted Tiki Room
  • Chip ‘n Dale Tree House
Concessions:
Note: Some of these may only be available at a later time.
  • Croissant Stand
  • Bakery
  • Patisserie
  • Creperie
  • Bunny Ears Hat Stand
  • Turkey Leg Concession
  • Mickey Waffles Concession
  • Sushi Concession
  • Ramen Concession
  • Rose Stand
  • DMK Anniversary Hat Stand
  • St. Patrick’s Day Hat Stand
  • Pizza Concession
  • Soda Concession
  • Hot Dog Stand
Decorations:
  • Chess Board
  • Hare Shrub
  • Fantasy Well
  • Gaston Statue
Parade Floats:
  • Beauty and the Beast Float
Events
Be Our Guest Event
  • A new time-limited event featuring Beauty and the Beast characters.
  • Welcome Beast, Belle, and other beloved characters in this special time-limited event!
  • New Beauty and the Beast themed attractions, concessions, and decorations are available. Also, check the Parade Tent for a new Beauty and the Beast themed parade float!
  • Once you’ve welcomed a character or built an attraction, it is yours to keep after the Event is over.
  • If you’re not seeing the Event right away, follow our Troubleshooting steps here.
DMK 1st Year Anniversary Celebration
March 17th marks our 1 year anniversary! To celebrate, we’re kicking off with various events:
  • 1st Anniversary Gifting: Login to the game every day between March 11 ~ 17 to receive a special gift from us, including the exclusive Enchanted Tiki Room, for free! Trust us, you don’t want to miss out on this newest attraction.
  • Loyalty Gifting: If you played DMK for 50 hours or more, OR installed the game anytime in March 2016, you will receive a free DMK Anniversary Hat Stand for being a loyal player! Login anytime between March 18 ~ 26 to claim yours.
  • Mickey Costume Contest: Want to win Mickey’s new Tuxedo costume? This will be your chance! The contest opens on March 24, so make sure to check back with us here on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
New Land
Tomorrowland Top-Right expansion can now be unlocked!
17015898_819763941523405_5656939112563608889_o.jpg

Welcome: Merlin
16991996_819765328189933_3398927216128414413_o.jpg

• Welcome Merlin into the Kingdom and use his spells to bring more magic back to your Kingdom!
  • Use Merlin's Collector Spell to speed up collecting, as it will collect all resources from buildings that are ready to collect from!
  • Low on Happiness? Use Merlin's Happiness Boost Spell to raise the Happiness level of your Kingdom!
  • To stop your Happiness from dropping, use Merlin's Happiness Shield Spell!
Balancing and Changes
Most of the balancing and changes for the attractions and character activities have been made to reflect the new content being added including: Be Our Guest Event, Chip ‘n Dale characters, and Merlin’s Magical Spells. We’ve mostly added the new character tokens to various activities and attractions, but the list became *very* long. So instead of our usual listing of all the token changes, we’ll be going over general housekeeping adjustments.
If you’d like to look at all the balancing changes (including what we removed and added for Beauty and The Beast, Chip ‘n Dale, and Merlin’s Magical Spells), you can find them here.
Enchanted Chests:
  • Bronze Chest:
    • Added Pluto Topiary
    • Added Log Bench
  • Silver Chest:
    • Added Rose Tree
    • Added Croissant Stand
  • Gold Chest:
    • Removed Mulan Dragon Statue
    • Added Chess Board
    • Added Bakery
  • Platinum Chest:
    • Added Gaston Statue
    • Added Patisserie
Attractions:
  • Astro Orbiters
    • Added Wall-E Fire Extinguisher to possible drops
  • Fantasy Faire
    • Added Mulan Ears Hat to possible drops
  • California Screamin’
    • Reduced Production Time from 8 hours to 4 hours
    • Decreased Magic Reward from 130 to 80
    • Decreased XP Reward from 22 to 14
    • Added Mickey Ears Hat to possible drops
  • Al’s Toy Barn
    • Removed Luxo Ball from possible drops
    • Added Violet Ears Hat to possible drops
Activities:
  • Cinderella & Prince Charming – “Travel Together”
    • Buzz Laser added to the possible drops
  • Goofy – “Holiday Sandwich”
    • Duration decreased from 8 minutes to 6 minutes
    • Magic Reward decreased from 17 to 14
    • XP Reward decreased from 5 to 4
  • Mickey & Goofy - “Hang Out at Goofy’s Playhouse”
    • Wall-E Fire Extinguisher removed from the possible drops
    • Will’s Hat added to the possible drops
  • Mike Wazowski – “Submit Files”
    • Rapunzel Lantern removed from the possible drops
  • Sulley – “Perform Stand-Up”
    • Duration decreased from 8 hours to 2 hours
    • Magic Reward decreased from 200 to 75
    • XP Reward decreased from 20 to 10
    • Rapunzel Lantern added to the possible drops
  • Elizabeth Swann & Will Turner – “Make Plans”
    • Sulley Drawing added to the possible drops
  • Daisy – “Strut Your Stuff”
    • Cinderella Ears Hat removed from the possible drops
    • Maximus Ears Hat removed from the possible drops
  • Daisy – “Flip Some Flapjacks”
    • Maximus Ears Hat removed from the possible drops
    • Cinderella Ears Hat added to the possible drops
  • Mickey & Minnie - “Musical Date”
    • Duration decreased from 6 hours to 4 hours
    • Magic Reward decreased from 210 to 150
    • XP Reward decreased from 20 to 17
  • Rapunzel & Flynn – “Dinner Date”
    • Duration decreased from 16 hours to 4 hours
    • Magic Reward decreased from 400 to 150
    • XP Reward decreased from 43 to 17
  • Rapunzel – “Create Artwork”
    • Gold Crown added to the possible drops
  • Elsa & Hans – “Reason with the Queen”
    • Duration decreased from 24 hours to 12 hours
    • Magic Reward decreased from 500 to 370
    • XP Reward decreased from 57 to 37
  • Li Shang – “Report to the Emperor”
    • Mulan Ears Hat removed from the possible drops
  • Li Shang – “Check Training Camp”
    • Mulan Ears Hat added to the possible drops

While I'm disappointed that they're opening more of tomorrowland when there's nothing more to put in it, I'm VERY excited to see the addition of the Enchanted Tiki Room - especially since it seems to be a loyalty reward. I'm glad there appear to be anniversary events going on alongside the BatB one, with things starting this weekend when I feel like the actual BatB event won't be until next weekend. Now I'm very confused as to what the big announcement (which they moved up to Wednesday, it appears) is going to be, since I can't imagine what more there is...unless it's just the BatB start date.

So I bought some NBC chests got 3 characters and other stuff did not get the Mickey or goofy costume. However now I have pieces of fabric in all my chests but still no ability to unlock the costumes. And it seems they are dropping way more than anything else started playing a few weeks before Mulan so not that long but this is extremely frustrating anyone else having similar problems?

They are probably for Daisy or Minnie's Halloween costumes. These remain available for people even if they weren't playing around Halloween.

Donald's does too, but I don't think I was allowed to start collecting those clothes until after I had him to level 5.

Time to figure out which attractions I can do without to try to get the new ones to fit. I know I can probably add more space if I didn't care what attractions were in different sections of the park, but I like my Tomorrowland-related attractions to be in Tomorrowland and every other attraction to not be in Tomorrowland.

Interesting - they posted yesterday that they have a big announcement coming in three days. Is this different than the next update? That's what I thought it was, but they already had the livestream with all the updates, plus today's patch notes.

Attachments

• DMK.PNG
    DMK.PNG
    304.1 KB · Views: 2
Time to figure out which attractions I can do without to try to get the new ones to fit. I know I can probably add more space if I didn't care what attractions were in different sections of the park, but I like my Tomorrowland-related attractions to be in Tomorrowland and every other attraction to not be in Tomorrowland.

Same. Maybe I'll move as much Toy Story into Tomorrowland as I can now, since at least the Buzz Lightyear things make sense there. I rearranged and removed a few things, and got about two and a half spaces open - one in Fantasyland and one and a half in...toontown? whatever the first big section is supposed to be - California Adventure?

I think the big announcement coming on Wednesday now is just the start date of the BatB event, since all the other big news seems to have come and gone.

I'm so OCD and can't stand when attractions are not in their lands and with their movie. So I guess I'll be putting some attractions away that I'm really not using. I'm hoping because we are getting Enchanted Tiki room and Chip n Dale would fit in good with Adventurland that maybe they will announce that Adventurland is opening up afternthe event is over? I know that's huge wishful thinking, but oh boy would that be a HUGE announcement.

I'm really confused about this HUGE announcement. I feel like at this point, releasing the date is just part of their previous announcement, I wouldn't consider it huge at this point. Hmmm

I'm really confused about this HUGE announcement. I feel like at this point, releasing the date is just part of their previous announcement, I wouldn't consider it huge at this point. Hmmm

At this point, I think the "huge announcement" is probably not actually meant for us or anyone who has played the game before. I think it's more meant for people who have heard of the game or seen the commercials on TV, but haven't pulled the trigger on playing it yet. The announcement of Beauty and the Beast entering the game just as the movie comes out will probably be enough to convert some people into actual, playing customers, which is really too bad considering how it seems beauty and the beast doesn't start until you build Snuggly Duckling, which I think you'd be hard pressed to do in just a month.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I believe the HUGE announcement is going to be related to the opening of Adventureland. With the 1-year anniversary here, the time is right. The introduction of the Tiki Room coincides with this very nicely. Perhaps the completion of the Beauty and the Beast event will lead in to the opportunity to open the cursed portal. Or Merlin's permanent residence in the Kingdom will be tied in to breaking that curse. :)

The frugal deployment of space coupled with deployment of 6 attractions and stated concerns about resources, resolution and user experience suggest to me that the design is out of control. The game requires more resources than their target platforms (smartphones, some tablets, and even laptops) can provide. Limiting the resource loading from attractions by capping footprint space is one way to restrict the resource requirements of the game. The game on my laptop crashes frequently while harvesting quest results. I suspect it is due to unmet resource requirements. Even idle, the game is taking a significant chunk of my available CPU resource. For this reason, Malificent will win and portions of the Kingdom will always be dark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter