• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

Figured I would ask here before having to deal with emailing them. My son has an ipod touch. Every time he logs into the game, it says it is downloading new content. It will not allow him to play unless he has wifi since the download needs it. This actually takes a few minutes every time and is very annoying.

Normally, I would just delete and reload, however, since he put in his real age (7), he is not connected to game center or facebook and I do not want him to start over. He actually used some Christmas money for Pluto and Jack Sparrow.

Anyone know of any fixes

Figured I would ask here before having to deal with emailing them. My son has an ipod touch. Every time he logs into the game, it says it is downloading new content. It will not allow him to play unless he has wifi since the download needs it. This actually takes a few minutes every time and is very annoying.

Normally, I would just delete and reload, however, since he put in his real age (7), he is not connected to game center or facebook and I do not want him to start over. He actually used some Christmas money for Pluto and Jack Sparrow.

Anyone know of any fixes
Check your memory usage under storage in settings, you may be filling it up and it quits and the will retry each time. If necessary, delete some music, movies, or even apps.

Have you tried closing all apps and restarting the device and opening just DMK?

Those are the 2 easiest solutions to try, after that I think mailing them is your best choice. There must be a way they can recover an account if it comes to that.

Check your memory usage under storage in settings, you may be filling it up and it quits and the will retry each time. If necessary, delete some music, movies, or even apps.

Have you tried closing all apps and restarting the device and opening just DMK?

Those are the 2 easiest solutions to try, after that I think mailing them is your best choice. There must be a way they can recover an account if it comes to that.
Thanks. I have tried to do a hard reset and I deleted enough apps to give him 1.1 GB of storage left. Still no dice

While I'm okay that they are only releasing one piece of land at a time, I'm very frustrated at the number of attractions that are on the list to be released. Releasing 6 while only opening up one chunk of land (that would probably only hold 4 MAX)? That makes no sense to me. I have every attraction except Mike and Sully to the rescue, and I have space for one more attraction right now, depending on the size. I've held off getting M&S because I didn't know what kind of update would be coming, and I don't want to waste gems on something that will have to sit in storage. I've already rearranged my kingdom multiple times trying to make sure I have everything out.
I have everything except splash mountain and I have 3 spaces available after some rearranging. I put all my decorations away. It can be done!

For the people who have successfully rearranged their park, could you post pictures of it? I want to rearrange and I don't mind taking time to do it but I get frustrated too easily when it doesn't work out right lol. I need some sort of instruction manual! Lol. Please and thanks! ☺️

Curious, I just read the information about the update: wow - it's huge! So many new attractions and concessions. But, are you frigging kidding me? All that new stuff, and all we're going to get is that one tiny piece of land? Where the heck are we supposed to put everything?

Below is a picture of the free space in my kingdom. It is blurry because I was in the Attractions menu to show that there are no attractions available to me, as I have every attraction in use, but the two full plots of available space are clearly enough visible. I will try to get around to posting a full map sometime, but don't have time today. Some of you would find the layout hideous, and that's fine :-) , but I definitely take a more utilitarian approach to the game and am not at all worried about aesthetics or "proper" placement. I have zero decorations or concessions in use right now. For full credit, I used the following person's layout who posted his/hers elsewhere, and edited it to save even more room:

https://www.facebook.com/renan.arkt...0212627790989697.1073741846.1232655863&type=3

SuperMagicalKingdom.jpg

Below is a picture of the free space in my kingdom. It is blurry because I was in the Attractions menu to show that there are no attractions available to me, as I have every attraction in use, but the two full plots of available space are clearly enough visible. I will try to get around to posting a full map sometime, but don't have time today. Some of you would find the layout hideous, and that's fine :-) , but I definitely take a more utilitarian approach to the game and am not at all worried about aesthetics or "proper" placement. I have zero decorations or concessions in use right now. For full credit, I used the following person's layout who posted his/hers elsewhere, and edited it to save even more room:

https://www.facebook.com/renan.arkt...0212627790989697.1073741846.1232655863&type=3

View attachment 224069

Oh my. Yes, PLEASE share the info when you have time! I'm about to start deconstructing my kingdom, lol.

At this point, I think the "huge announcement" is probably not actually meant for us or anyone who has played the game before. I think it's more meant for people who have heard of the game or seen the commercials on TV, but haven't pulled the trigger on playing it yet. The announcement of Beauty and the Beast entering the game just as the movie comes out will probably be enough to convert some people into actual, playing customers, which is really too bad considering how it seems beauty and the beast doesn't start until you build Snuggly Duckling, which I think you'd be hard pressed to do in just a month.

The way I've understood it is you can't welcome Chip 'n Dale until you build Snuggly Duckling. You should still be able to participate in Beauty and the Beast.

Hm... ...VMK, celebrating DL's 50th, lasted 3 years. DMK celebrates DL's 60th, and we're already finishing up year one. So far, there's ton of land to be added, not to mention the entire Adventureland/Frontierland section. I wonder just how long this game will last before they shut it down. Unlike VMK, this one actually offers virtual goods that can be purchased with actual cash. So ideally, as long as the game remains profitable, they'll keep it around. Unfortunately though, VMK was still superior, and I wished they would model DMK a little more closer to its predecessor.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and so glad I found this forum. I just started DMK today and have a question. If one of the attractions earns, just for example, 5 magic every 2 minutes, will that magic build up if I don't log in to the game for a few hours? Or when I log in after a few hours away do you only get the 5 magic from the initial 2 minutes from the last time you collected from that attraction?
Hopefully that's clear. Thanks for any info!

Hi everyone, I'm new here and so glad I found this forum. I just started DMK today and have a question. If one of the attractions earns, just for example, 5 magic every 2 minutes, will that magic build up if I don't log in to the game for a few hours? Or when I log in after a few hours away do you only get the 5 magic from the initial 2 minutes from the last time you collected from that attraction?
Hopefully that's clear. Thanks for any info!
The magic doesn't build up.

Hm... ...VMK, celebrating DL's 50th, lasted 3 years. DMK celebrates DL's 60th, and we're already finishing up year one. So far, there's ton of land to be added, not to mention the entire Adventureland/Frontierland section. I wonder just how long this game will last before they shut it down. Unlike VMK, this one actually offers virtual goods that can be purchased with actual cash. So ideally, as long as the game remains profitable, they'll keep it around. Unfortunately though, VMK was still superior, and I wished they would model DMK a little more closer to its predecessor.
Odds are that we won't be getting Adventureland/Frontierland at all.

I had stopped playing this game after having to revert to an old cell phone- it didn't work right on the old one and I was never able to load my saved game. I just upgraded though and recently started playing again. I'm trying to get my Happiness level back up, and I've done pretty well with getting through the first three levels. I am right on the brink of getting into the highest level. Problem is, for some reason I'm not getting hardly anyone that wants wishes granted. No issues before, and now that I'm trying to get to the last level, they've all but stopped. I've got all the attractions out that I have, and everything is well-decorated. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice? I've had times where this happened occasionally, but I swear I've only had a small handful of wishes to grant in the last couple days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter